Just a Belt....

ChrisG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes I only run a belt too fat and tall for chest rig. I general run the belt with pistol holster, 4 pistol mag holder, pouch for m4 style speed loader, radio pouch, dump pouch, admin pouch,  pouch for mk5s and generally run a shoulder rig with pistol and mag pouches as suspenders. generally run an MP5 with two high caps taped together so don't have rifle pouches.

• Supporters

Dont run any chest rig these days.

Depending on how you define it pretty much all the rigs i actually use/used are belts of some form, albeit with a harness making them into pseudo load bearing kits (or in the case of the smersh straight up a load bearing kit)

Tbh i'm of the opinion that the belt rig is the superior ergonomic system, if you arent wearing body armour (look at the systems for militaries prior to mass issuance of body armour) its more convenient. However, in the military context of strapping a bulky plate onto your chest to stop you (hopefully) from dying then you might as well strap a few mags on there while you're at it and free up some belt space for a holster.

Pre smersh i used to run pistol mags front left, rifle mags left, dump pouch back left, admin pouches (ammo/speedloader) back right, and a gap on the right/front right for pistol (on a drop leg) and for my rifle to hang when dropped.

However now with the smersh its the basic smersh layout (up to 6 mags and 4 nades each side plus the "food bag" which is for things like air tank, speedloader etc), pistol mags and dump pouch back left, water canteen and bayonet back right, and pistol on the left shoulder strap. Not convenient for ambi shooting but its a fair trade for comfort and capacity.

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

Yes I only run a belt too fat and tall for chest rig. I general run the belt with pistol holster, 4 pistol mag holder, pouch for m4 style speed loader, radio pouch, dump pouch, admin pouch,  pouch for mk5s and generally run a shoulder rig with pistol and mag pouches as suspenders. generally run an MP5 with two high caps taped together so don't have rifle pouches.

Where did you get 4 pistol mag pouch? I'm looking for a decent one.

Working on new rig, just a belt drop holster on left. MK23 on right off belt. Pistol mag holders and dump pouch and admin pouch towards bag that has speed loaders etc. Running with sniper rifle.

Feel it's way more easy and convenient and overall "less" to contend with. The shoulder rig option is interesting...

24 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Where did you get 4 pistol mag pouch? I'm looking for a decent one.

Working on new rig, just a belt drop holster on left. MK23 on right off belt. Pistol mag holders and dump pouch and admin pouch towards bag that has speed loaders etc. Running with sniper rifle.

Feel it's way more easy and convenient and overall "less" to contend with. The shoulder rig option is interesting...

i use two of these on my belt https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/viper-elastic-double-pistol-mag-plate-pouch-open-top-airsoft-molle-31100-p.asp. i run a HK45 on my hip and carry an M9 in the shoulder holster

8 minutes ago, BigStew said:

i use two of these on my belt https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/viper-elastic-double-pistol-mag-plate-pouch-open-top-airsoft-molle-31100-p.asp. i run a HK45 on my hip and carry an M9 in the shoulder holster

Thanks for that! How you finding both of those guns? I'm looking for a second secondary 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ torn between hi-capa 5.1 or something different. 

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Your not alone there, just feels more natural to me.

The shoulder straps are good for "not falling down and taking your trousers with them" reasons. Not maybe as fast as a retention holster on a belt mount.

I did for a short while run an under shoulder holster and it's not as inconvenient as you'd first think (albeit with a makarov, maybe a bigger pistol could get annoying) but currently i run it on the shoulder strap (think chest draw just to the left)

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

Your not alone there, just feels more natural to me.

The shoulder straps are good for "not falling down and taking your trousers with them" reasons. Not maybe as fast as a retention holster on a belt mount.

I did for a short while run an under shoulder holster and it's not as inconvenient as you'd first think (albeit with a makarov, maybe a bigger pistol could get annoying) but currently i run it on the shoulder strap (think chest draw just to the left)

Only just seen it's an option really. Prefer amomax/roto style holsters personally and seen they offer that in shoulder strap. 

13 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

Thanks for that! How you finding both of those guns? I'm looking for a second secondary 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ torn between hi-capa 5.1 or something different. 

I have a soft spot for the m9 but the HK45 is vastly superior. it shoots great and is very comfortable to hold. i have moded it to be completely ambidextrous. The TM Hi Capa is a very good gun it has a lot of after market support but it is now 10/15  year old design. any TM released in the last couple years is a better performer. also Hi Capa is single action only 

Just now, BigStew said:

I have a soft spot for the m9 but the HK45 is vastly superior. it shoots great and is very comfortable to hold. i have moded it to be completely ambidextrous. The TM Hi Capa is a very good gun it has a lot of after market support but it is now 10/15  year old design. any TM released in the last couple years is a better performer.

Thanks! I was torn between 5.1 or a glock but I'll take a look at the hk45! 

• Supporters

All very well to talk of shoulder rigs etc, but a picture speaks a thousand words.

Let's see 'em 😲

6 minutes ago, BigStew said:

I have a soft spot for the m9 but the HK45 is vastly superior. it shoots great and is very comfortable to hold. i have moded it to be completely ambidextrous. The TM Hi Capa is a very good gun it has a lot of after market support but it is now 10/15  year old design. any TM released in the last couple years is a better performer.

What gas do you run with your hk45? 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, ChrisG said:

Fair play running with a keyboard. Cyber hacking on the go 😂😂

Chairborne Ranger PVC Patch | FourGuysGuns

I run a belt, chest rig and backpack combo when running M4s.

Belt with pack for the ARP (until I get those fucking midcaps to feed).

Belt + dedicated pack for sniping (ditched the dedicated chest rig as it didn't really make sense).

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Chairborne Ranger PVC Patch | FourGuysGuns

please tell me this is real and where to get it xD

14 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I know @TheFull9 bought one years ago - I'd like one to but never found where to buy it

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I think they're out of production now...

I have 3 rigs, all fairly lashed up affairs but it works for me. One for woodland belt suspenders and mini chest rig. Belt and suspenders pistol cqb. Then a lightweight belt only cqb setup. I find myself using the simple belt the most of the time if I can get away with it. I consists of 2 of the naffest nylon holsters known to man, a length of 2" heavy duty fairly rigid elastic, 2" plastic tri-glide and 2" clip fastener. Doubled with my dungarees for pocket space its ideal. 

52966858_1273418536129445_6847777350004768768_n.jpg.927cd6ef0d555eb65694c468cb34dd7c.jpg81586346_1210702279124167_8763838857197125632_o.jpg.183f7620a94625f7db87f7f8c62181e2.jpg

17 hours ago, BigStew said:

I have a soft spot for the m9 but the HK45 is vastly superior. it shoots great and is very comfortable to hold. i have moded it to be completely ambidextrous. The TM Hi Capa is a very good gun it has a lot of after market support but it is now 10/15  year old design. any TM released in the last couple years is a better performer. also Hi Capa is single action only 

Have you found a holster for the HK45? Sorry for the abundance of questions 🙂. Trying to find a retention holster 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.