Groin Protection

Redbulldave

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Loose fitting trousers of reasonably heavy material.

Cant say i've ever had a dick shot painful enough to warrent remembering, ear shots sting in the cold, you can lose a tooth and dont get me started on fingernails, seriously you wouldnt beleive how much pain such a small part of the body can dish out.

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Loose fitting trousers of reasonably heavy material.

Cant say i've ever had a dick shot painful enough to warrent remembering, ear shots sting in the cold, you can lose a tooth and dont get me started on fingernails, seriously you wouldnt beleive how much pain such a small part of the body can dish out.

Had a dick burst once, less than 3 foot away, left me clinging to a concrete pillar for a minute while talking like Mickey mouse. 😭

At the same game, the organiser (janno) got his fingernail shot off with a two inch pistol shot .

That was an unforgettable game lol 🤕

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Had a dick burst once, less than 3 foot away, left me clinging to a concrete pillar for a minute while talking like Mickey mouse. 😭

At the same game, the organiser (janno) got his fingernail shot off with a two inch pistol shot .

That was an unforgettable game lol 🤕

I caught a bad burst to my little finger couple of years back during a valiant (read stupid) last stand.

It was nearly but not quite bad enough for the nail to fall off but i remember driving back left handed thinking "thank fuck this is an auto" followed by several days of throbbing pain set off by the slightest force.

I'll be honest but i'd rather have been shot in the dick instead. Wouldnt have hurt as much for a start.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I caught a bad burst to my little finger couple of years back during a valiant (read stupid) last stand.

It was nearly but not quite bad enough for the nail to fall off but i remember driving back left handed thinking "thank fuck this is an auto" followed by several days of throbbing pain set off by the slightest force.

I'll be honest but i'd rather have been shot in the dick instead. Wouldnt have hurt as much for a start.

Yeah but your little finger was probably a bigger target than your dick 😜

Used to him get hit regularly in the groin when at the mall, but never hurt enough to think about a box or protection.

2 hours ago, Redbulldave said:

I read everywhere about how important eye protection is, but I'm wondering about groin protection, do you use it, what do you use, or do male airsofters have balls of steel lol 

Eye protection is clearly vital as they would otherwise be uncovered (so that you can see) and would result in your being blind.

Testicles and your dick have skin on them and are normally covered by two layers of fabric when in public - you’re wearing a degree of protection anyway.

Any layer preventing direct impact on skin is the primary protection required.

Make it baggy and it absorbs more energy before the ball hits you

Then add some adrenaline as the best painkiller

Its mentioned that fingers are likely to be the worst - that’s a fact.  Where possible wear gloves.  There’s getting shot and also rough ground, bushes etc for cuts and grazes

Knees and elbows are perhaps more important.  Look up students/plumbers elbow - once you’ve seen the photos you won’t want to experience what I had on my elbow once.  Wear pads, especially if you crawl or take a knee in the field

As well as avoiding cuts & grazes for the moment you’ll be preventing future knee and elbow problems 

Having run and photographed events I’ve been shot a lot.

I’m a paintballer so have been hit by many larger and harder impacting balls than BBs, and as close as a few inches.

I once yelped when shot in the back of the head in airsoft, but it was more of the surprise before realising it didn’t really hurt.  That’s the ‘worst’ I’ve had on an airsoft field

I’ve been shot on the tip of my dick at close range in paintball at an urban game. It was softened by baggy combat trousers but did hurt and left a nasty bruise for a while.  I wasn’t left rolling on the ground.

I just wore a cricket box for close up urban games after that - but it’s more comfortable to do without 

My worst shots were the up close shot in my thigh leaving a large bruise pattern, a lump on my forehead from a few feet - which probably gave me concussion, and we suspect that nerve damage in one of my fingers - The timing fits for photographing a tournament and getting multiple shots in my lens hand while leaning into a stream of shots for photo opportunities. 

Think about the types of games you are playing, the range that you will be shot from and the likelihood of how many hits you will get at a time.

Wear sensible gear in multiple baggy layers and add protection to particular areas of concern 

• Head Moderator

Just wear a cricket box, and cup your balls in armour. 

• Supporters

Some of my uniform setups have groin armor, like my Russian kits. However Ive also never needed it. Took a bit ol hit to the nads at a CQB site in January - guy slides around the corner and, well, I was at that corner. Was fine by the time the game ended, so no big deal. Most of what I wear have reinforced crotches anyway - last Spring I slid on some loose brass, went into a splits, and split center seam... On a day I was demoing!. Since then everythings been reinforced for me.

Been shot in the balls a few times...only once did it really hurt..to the point I felt sick.  Fucking Snipers!!!  ;)

Single shot is no problem.  Try getting hit in the balls by a full moscart shell fired at about 10 feet.  Hurts like hell!!

Thankfully never taken one but have handed a couple out.

1 dude was dancing and goading me so deserved it (I aimed centre mass and he was a long way hence the goading). He was so impressed he came over to congratulate me!

The other was a turn the corner "oh my god the other team pull the trigger" incident.

I have 5 kids, I've done my reproducing, wouldn't bother me if a nut shot caused me impodence now.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.