Spring Downgrade Jg Mp5

emit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: JG MP5

I have an MP5 that needs a spring downgrade to bring it below 350FPS. I bought a Guarder SP90 and was intending to have a go at changing it myself. However having taken apart toy guns in the past and always ending up with "spare" parts and not having a chrono I thought I'd try to see if there is a local tech close to North West Kent that could replace it for me and chrono it.

Is there a guide price for this type of work?

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

tech's generally charge £20 - £30 for a spring change, not sure if a JG MP5 has quick change, I don't think so

Nope they dont. 

And its the old Marui style takedown. Not the easiest to get down to the gearbox. 

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get the spring changed. Taking it apart wasn't a big job but as this was my first time opening an aeg gearbox putting it back together was though. I hadn't expected that the anti reverse and spring would all pop out in different directions repeatedly while trying to get the gearbox top shell back on. 😬 A 3 hand job minimum to keep all the parts in place.

Biggest headache was lining up the selector "wheel" and keeping it in place while inserting the gearbox into the lower part with the handle.

It was firing 360fps with 0.20 on the stock spring.

With the replacement spring Guarder SP90 it is firing at 330fps with 0.20 and no hop or 290fps on full hop.

Can't say I fancy doing it again and given the chance I would have been happy to pay someone experienced to do the work.

CameraZOOM-20200511194855025.jpg

CameraZOOM-20200511203408566.jpg

Congrats on a job well done 👍

Yes early V2s are fiesty to put together!

I had a JG MP5 as my first RIF, lasted a solid 3 years running a huge mAh 9.6V NiMH 😁

7 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Congrats on a job well done 👍

Yes early V2s are fiesty to put together!

I had a JG MP5 as my first RIF, lasted a solid 3 years running a huge mAh 9.6V NiMH 😁

Thanks 😁

What happened to your MP5?

It just died inside lol, I think one of the gears died and there was some collateral.

Replaced it with an ICS L85, which at the time was stonking good in the field as TM Recoils and MWSs weren't around back then :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.