Cerakote Tm Mp7a1 GBB

Justjay1986

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As you can probably tell, I've ordered some cerakote. Has anyone here ever done this to their tm mp7? I'm pretty confident in my abilities to do it, just was wondering if anyone had any experience of it. 

Ta! 

Does cerakote work on plastic?  Thought it was for metal only

12 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Does cerakote work on plastic?  Thought it was for metal only

It does, plastic and polymer you just have to adjust the cure appropriately. Spoke to Simon at cerakote a few times lately and he's a great guy

6 hours ago, Justjay1986 said:

You do indeed mate. Considering this was a tan gun I'm happy lol

I forgot they did them in tan....I was wondering why you would want to paint a black gun...err...black!

Looks like a good job, will you post final pics?

Haha! Yes I'm not that crazy.... Lol

Thank you, yes when I've got it all back together with external parts I'll get some pics posted. Waiting on a new torch at present.... 

17 minutes ago, Justjay1986 said:

Speaking of cerakote.... I decided to do the slide on MY TM FNX 45 black to contrast the talon grip and tan....

IMG_20200505_192111.jpg

IMG_20200505_192114.jpg

That is awesome, how much? My frame is dyed black, but my slide only painted 🤷🏼‍♂️

B25EB0A9-714A-4DDB-9CFD-AE7A1E5076A7.thumb.jpeg.3fa6d0c15439c79ce43a4978788bc4dd.jpeg

Thanks man. How much for the kit? Bloody too much haha. But imo it's worth it for the quality of the product tbh. Would happily do it for you but I don't know how local to me you are? 

1 minute ago, Justjay1986 said:

Thanks man. How much for the kit? Bloody too much haha. But imo it's worth it for the quality of the product tbh. Would happily do it for you but I don't know how local to me you are? 

Yeah, buying the kit is not on the cards for me at the moment, but I’d pay you Cerakote my slide.

I’m  in SE Essex, but could easily post it to you 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Yeah, buying the kit is not on the cards for me at the moment, but I’d pay you Cerakote my slide.

I’m  in SE Essex, but could easily post it to you 🤷🏼‍♂️

Drop me a dm matey and we can work something out for sure not a prob. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

@Justjay1986 What mod / parts did you use for the front grip? I would prefer one like yours over the folding one.

Initially I got a mate to knock up a 3d printed one which served me well but I have the fma one now. You have to cut the foregrip part off but it's so much nicer with a rail. I still have the 3d printed one, which you are welcome to for nothing if you wanted to use initially? If so dm me mate 

I found the link in the ATRG blog so will cut min off and have a go.

I need to find the FMa one, which I feel at the moment will be a pain in the arse as everything seems to be out of stock everywhere so I will DM you. Cheers bud

14 hours ago, PewPew_Blowie said:

@Albiscuit You can get one on Amazon for £25, see link below. I'm sat on the fence about doing it as my MP7's sprayed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AIRSOFT-RAIL-MOUNT-BLACK-VERSION/dp/B00PIOSVWW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mp7+fma&qid=1589586679&sr=8-1

Ffs I found one on eBay, I did find an amazon link but it was out of stock 

Also I am after a silencer for mine if anyone finding this thread has one going spare or knows of any knocking around.

please let me know!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.