I Was Bored Today, Wanna See the Inside of a Shotgun Cartridge?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yes, really bored on a conference call

This is a 12bore, 7.5 gauge, 21gram, fibre wad cartridge for clays, unfired,

8D98340C-69E5-492A-B66E-AB6ADE11D41A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Is that a Lyalvale Express by any chance? I got given a box years ago for some reason but never used them :D

😎😎

74DE963F-047B-48DD-B895-613480FBF74B.jpeg

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

😎😎

Aha! yes they look familiar. They were quite expensive last time I looked and the only gun I can use destroys my shoulder so maybe the lighter cartridges would be better. I use whatever cartridges my friends use and apparently they like the heavier ones. My friend's wife uses a 20 gauge I believe which would be way better for me

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Aha! yes they look familiar. They were quite expensive last time I looked and the only gun I can use destroys my shoulder so maybe the lighter cartridges would be better. I use whatever cartridges my friends use and apparently they like the heavier ones. My friend's wife uses a 20 gauge I believe which would be way better for me

My shoulder is the same, grip and stance help, but 21’s have about the same recoil as a .22 rimfire, great little shells. You got a section2 FAC or do you borrow guns?

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

My shoulder is the same, grip and stance help, but 21’s have about the same recoil as a .22 rimfire, great little shells. You got a section2 FAC or do you borrow guns?

I inherited the thing so I had to get a section 2 for it and my friends drag me clay shooting quite often. I'm right handed but shoot left handed so although my stance sucks I get better scores shooting left handed. I might try a bunch of 21 grams next time. Every other gun I tried, like my friend's over/under is heavy and has a soft recoil pad but mine weighs nothing and has a solid plastic cap on the stock. bleeh

If you add lead into the stock and make the gun heavier, the recoil will reduce still further.

I don’t  get on with rubber but pads, they don’t slide properly as I lift the gun 

good idea, but i think i'd have to replace the entire stock with lead... my gun weighs like half my friend's Beretta over/under. can't even remember the make/model of mine. it's got a wood stock but plastic pump grip at the front

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

good idea, but i think i'd have to replace the entire stock with lead... my gun weighs like half my friend's Beretta over/under. can't even remember the make/model of mine. it's got a wood stock but plastic pump grip at the front

Have you taken the butt pad off to see how much space you have?

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Have you taken the butt pad off to see how much space you have?

Yeah I just tried. there's just the hold for the bolt that attaches the stock to the body, sadly. I might try shooting right handed, my stance is better and it's less painful :D

4 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Yeah I just tried. there's just the hold for the bolt that attaches the stock to the body, sadly. I might try shooting right handed, my stance is better and it's less painful :D

Drop me a pm

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.