Double Eagle M904g – Aka the Original Q Honey Badger

mightyjebus

19 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I'm not sure I want to know which site has a big black........ :D 

Apparently it's nothing to do with the British Broadcasting Corporation , beyond that I can't say 🥴😋🤣

Officially it is Blue Bell something or other, but with Carlos being ex military..... I have my doubts. 🤪

Distance to church is a toughy because of the hill, I'd guess 50 to 60 metres, but certainly a good thing to test because it was always out of practical range of my Specna, and I was amazed I got that YouTube guy the other week with my SVU at a similar distance as I had to aim miles above your heads.   Airsoft metres are indeed a very fluid thing. 

Having played at AWA though, I forget how relatively compact Spec Ops is. 

I'm tempted to bring my thermal imaging camera too, but I seem to have fried the charger in my van's inverter.  Damn those pesky Ghillies 

Edited by Dan Robinson

My M904B has arrived. Lessssssssssssssgo.

Sorry if someone asked it before but could anyone recommend mid-cap magazines for this gun?

Ty in advance. 

42 minutes ago, Krisz said:

My M904B has arrived. Lessssssssssssssgo.

Sorry if someone asked it before but could anyone recommend mid-cap magazines for this gun?

Ty in advance. 

Enjoy your new gnu :)

With regard to mid-caps, I can only offer this advice.   My solitary M4/STANAG mid-cap doesn't fit my DE.   It's a Tippmann, P-Mag style(?).     It's unlikely you'd be considering stocking up on those, so not hugely useful advice... unless there's a general problem with the polymer-body mags being too tight like this one.

All my others are high caps.  I've got a couple of odd-ball ones (the extended length variety) which don't work, all the rest (I've got lots of 'em) are fine.  Except my primaries - I have 4 x Lonex flash mags, that tend to unwind a bit if inserted at the wrong angle and too gently. 

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• 5 weeks later...

Ooooh. Had an odd one last weekend. Went on an under 18's day with the kids and encountered what I can only describe as "full auto dad". Just brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all the time. Not hit calling, blatant cheating and generally ignoring rule 1 of Airsoft. Ie, being a d!CK.

So after hitting him 5 or 6 times, him full autoing both my boys from 6 feet away, I thought "sod this" and went back to safe zone to slot the 11.1 in instead of the 7.4.

Three shots in and the MOSFET gives me 5 buzzes and no go. Under voltage apparently. On a fully charged 11.1. 

Weird .

Went back to 7.4 and all was well again. 

Battery flunked? Possibly.

(Oh and in case you were concerned, a 0.32 in my mk23 in the head from 10 feet wasn't called, so I emptied the 20 remaining rounds into him. Oddly he called the last one....😁)

That's very odd. 
I've had a mosfet complain about a 7.4v being plugged in when it's expecting a 11.1, but not that, especially not in the DE which doesn't normally care.
So yeah - worth checking the battery.  Have you got a sufficiently fancy charger, or one of those cheapo voltage readers off Amazon?  
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DC3LH9C?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k0_1_8&amp=&crid=1OBO8IRZTYEUT&amp=&sprefix=lipo+vol
That might be able to tell you if the battery has gone a bit awry - perhaps one of the cells is out of balance.

As the for cheating bastart, I hope you reported him to the marshals too.    Full-auto-ing kids at super-short range on purpose is a shitty thing to do, I'd have lost my rag at that point, probably would end up being the one booted off the site ;) 

On 05/04/2023 at 13:18, RostokMcSpoons said:

That's very odd. 
I've had a mosfet complain about a 7.4v being plugged in when it's expecting a 11.1, but not that, especially not in the DE which doesn't normally care.
So yeah - worth checking the battery.  Have you got a sufficiently fancy charger, or one of those cheapo voltage readers off Amazon?  
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DC3LH9C?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k0_1_8&amp=&crid=1OBO8IRZTYEUT&amp=&sprefix=lipo+vol
That might be able to tell you if the battery has gone a bit awry - perhaps one of the cells is out of balance.

As the for cheating bastart, I hope you reported him to the marshals too.    Full-auto-ing kids at super-short range on purpose is a shitty thing to do, I'd have lost my rag at that point, probably would end up being the one booted off the site ;) 

Yeah, got a cell checker. It was showing 12v at 99%. Odd.

Still it fires well enough on 7.4v 2000mah. I'm not stressing about it.

As for the full auto twit, we hunted him down with a bolt action and a mag full of 0.48g....😁

23 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

Still it fires well enough on 7.4v 2000mah.

How are you squeezing one of those inside?  My 1300mah are a tight fit already.  Have you a linky to the battery?

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2023 at 20:47, Dan Robinson said:

How are you squeezing one of those inside?  My 1300mah are a tight fit already.  Have you a linky to the battery?

I have a battery compartment extension piece. 👍

so some of you may know already but Double Eagle have released a more expensive AEG based on the success of the M9XX series but it's been updated with a new ETU and a complete metal build apart from the stock and a few other parts.

It's based on the Aeroknox AX-15 platform (more here https://www.aeroknox.com/shop-2

I'll do a quick mini review:

very solidly built and the Aeroknox parts make it look very Sci-fi. You are either going to love the look or hate it. In a sea of M4's it definately stands out from the other fish.

The only plastic parts are the stock, trigger, pistol grip, rail panels and detachable sights and the stock is the same model used on the M9XX series. It has a slight wobble on the stock pipe but nothing to write home about. The sights are flip up style, similar to the MBUS Pro sights, but have an additional sight built in, similat to pistol sights, which means you can use them when folded down. (if you can read the tiny text on the sights they are called the DBS-1 Battle sight).

The bolt locks back and you can adjust the rotary style hop when it's locked back. The charging handle is actually a normal M4 style one unlike the raptor style that comes with the majority of the M9XX series. The bolt release allows the fake bolt plate to shoot forward when pressed.

The mag release is extended and works very well. Actually wish I had it on a few other rifles after using it.

The fire selector is funky looking and the markings are very much Playstation markings. It works very well and has a solid click into each position.

It comes with a 120 BB midcap PMag style magazine. It fits and works fine. I've chucked a few different mags at it and the only one that has issues is the KWA midcaps as they don't lock in. This might be because of the micro switch inside the magwell but I'm not sure.

The micro switch is for mag detection and if you enable it the mag will stop firing after 30 BB's and you need to remove the mag and put it back in to allow the AEG to fire again. My only gripe with the whole thing (AEG, Kestral ETU and App) is this feature. I'd find it really useful if the 30 BB cut off could be adjusted for any number. I would work better for me  if I could pick 115BB's as the cut off and never worry about running dry when using 120 round midcaps.

Talking of the ETU, it connects without any issues and works very well. You can adjust the AEG to run just how you want it and you get loads of stats if that's you thing.

The gearbox is the same as the other M9XX gearboxes so it's solid and well put together. The only difference being the Kestral ETU replacing the Falcon ETU.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is it's priced to be a mid-range AEG because it is a mid-range AEG. Out the box it works very well but I'm sure there are some who will be thinking about swapping out the Hop rubber and inner barrel (hops well for me currently on 28's). It looks like it was designed by a 15 year old (Aeroknox's fault not DE) but it grows on you. It's very pointable and has decent weight to it but not too heavy. The kestral does what it says on the tin and I can now see how many BB's I wasted trying to hit a guy behind a tree.

It's about £70 more than the closest M9XX series AEG so that will put some people off but in saying all this I kinda like it.

AX15a.jpg

ax15b.jpg

Edited by mightyjebus

I like the looks of it, thanks for the review.   I just wish I had some spare wonga to throw at one :]

Just out of interest - has anyone switched-out their motors?

I plan to drop an SHS Hi-Torque into my M904G - I'm wondering if the Falcon ETU can cope with the Amp increase?

I've got a cheeky bargain SRC Magnetar waiting to go in mine.   But I must admit I've not been brave enough to fit it yet - I want my Ol' Reliable to stay that way!

But there is someone on these forums who has replaced the motor in multiple DE's... I think it's @Stevobeavo (Edit: nope, @Fatboy40) but I'm afraid I can't be certain... anyway, the I remember it being described as a drop-in replacement, with no hint it'll knacker your gnu

Edit:

I have this one in my AK2M4 basket, it must be the recommended beastie...
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/shs-high-torque-motor-16tpa-long
... but that's a long and my Magnetar looks like it's a short.   I've gone awry somewhere!

Edit2: Long is correct for V2 gearboxes.  My bargain motor therefore ...isn't.   ;)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

27 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I've got a cheeky bargain SRC Magnetar waiting to go in mine.   But I must admit I've not been brave enough to fit it yet - I want my Ol' Reliable to stay that way!

But there is someone on these forums who has replaced the motor in multiple DE's... I think it's @Stevobeavo (Edit: nope, @Fatboy40) but I'm afraid I can't be certain... anyway, the I remember it being described as a drop-in replacement, with no hint it'll knacker your gnu

Edit:

I have this one in my AK2M4 basket, it must be the recommended beastie...
https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/shs-high-torque-motor-16tpa-long
... but that's a long and my Magnetar looks like it's a short.   I've gone awry somewhere!

Edit2: Long is correct for V2 gearboxes.  My bargain motor therefore ...isn't.   ;)

Funnily enough I ordered one of those yesterday - all my guns have SHS motors - I now own 7 of the things.

On 22/04/2023 at 21:50, Egon_247 said:

I have a battery compartment extension piece. 👍

Me too, but it is a struggle to get my 1300mah in there.  Hey ho - a struggle means it is possible 😁

I've used the AX15 at 2 games so far and after the first woodland game I decided to swap out the hop unit and inner barrel as it struggled to lift 28's at distance. I popped onto AK2M4's website and purchased a couple of ZCI hop units and a couple of Omega Nub packs. I also fitted a 310mm Maple Leaf 6.02 inner barrel from HPA-UK. I used the ZCI hop rubber that comes with the hop units as it seems pretty good quality for sub 350 FPS.

I used it with the upgrades at the weekend at UCAP's Vendetta site and the changes made a massive difference to the range and accuracy. My KWA midcaps decided that they indeed did want to work with the AX15 so that was a bonus.

Probably going to swap the stock for either a BCM Gunfighter stock or a Magpul EPS-C because I think it will look better with either of them but can't decide on which one yet.

Overall opinion is that's it's a very good mid range AEG and can be inproved by some simple cheap upgrades.

On 03/05/2023 at 14:49, RostokMcSpoons said:

It's the XT 22 TPA from AK2M4 that I went with, and have it in three AEG's now (I was after a high torque motor as most of the time I play semi only, don't need a crazy RPS, plus one AEG has an M105 spring and the other two are M130's).

It's snappier on semi, definitely a lot cooler than the stock Chaoli motor, but had zero effect on battery life (and the two with Falcon's are working just as they did, and another is using a GATE Titan with no problems). Also on my M908A I swapped the pinion gear on the new XT motor over to the one on the stock Chaoli motor as the gears weren't meshing 100% perfectly.

27 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

It's the XT 22 TPA from AK2M4 that I went with, and have it in three AEG's now (I was after a high torque motor as most of the time I play semi only, don't need a crazy RPS, plus one AEG has an M105 spring and the other two are M130's).

It's snappier on semi, definitely a lot cooler than the stock Chaoli motor, but had zero effect on battery life (and the two with Falcon's are working just as they did, and another is using a GATE Titan with no problems). Also on my M908A I swapped the pinion gear on the new XT motor over to the one on the stock Chaoli motor as the gears weren't meshing 100% perfectly.

Had a brand new SHS High Torque arrive for the gun (from AK2M4) but I wish I ordered a higher-TPA motor - I am concerned that without Active Braking I will get overspin on an 11.1v LiPo. I think I'll use it for another project instead as the Stock performance is decent enough at the moment for my uses.

I have installed a new ZCI Plastic Hop Unit though - much nicer than the stock one.

• 3 months later...

Hi I was looking at the M904E with this battery

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/vp-racing-11-1v-1450mag-20c-lipo-stick-battery

Primarily for the length as I'm 5.6ft so wanted something shorter 

I play outdoors with .28 so range is probably most important.

To be honest I would rather run the gun stock but having gone through the whole thread I'm abit overwhelmed by all the upgrade options. Im no techie so messing with motor is abit beyond me, would the bucking/nub be difficult to install and have a noticeable effect?

What would tou guys advice?

On 27/08/2023 at 23:53, ctcb197 said:

... would the bucking/nub be difficult to install and have a noticeable effect?

Very easy, do it on a nice quiet afternoon on the weekend when you're in no rush, and it's the simplest thing you can do that gives the most return (both in range and consistency).

Edited by Fatboy40

Changing the hop rubber and nub was the first 'tech' I did in airsoft that didn't break my gun 😋

It's very easy, but we can walk you through it if you need help or just confirmation you're doing it right

I have the Maple Leaf Macaron 50deg and Omega nub in place in mine, and they do a great job... The gun shoots accurately and lifts 0.32s (the heaviest I've tried) to a decent distance ... estimating 50-60m?.   

I've just bought Speedbird's 904g as a donor for my 906c which has a failing Falcon unit.  He put in the zci barrel and hop unit, so I'll be able to do a small test to see whether that provides a noticeable improvement over my stock barrel and hop.

(I did an accuracy test comparison of the ML + Omega against the stock rubber and nub, and to be honest didn't notice any great difference... But then I was only shooting at ~15m which didn't give it the chance to show the improvement in range.  It'll be interesting to see if I can detect a difference with the better barrel at the short range, or I need to get it out on the field - though it will then come down to subjective 'feel' rather than objective empirical measurement of grouping)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2023 at 19:06, Fatboy40 said:

Very easy, do it on a nice quiet afternoon on the weekend when you're in no rush, and it's the simplest thing you can do that gives the most return (both in range and consistency).

Ok cool I think I'll do it tomorrow as it too hot to play this weekend 😅. What sort of FPS should I expect running it stock with .28g? I know FPS isn't the being all and end all out but if it's fairly low I'd look into getting a spring next and people have said the stock isn't very good anyway.

I'd probably look to change the spring as well, which would you recommend? I have a spenca arms m90 already.

I can't find a 215mm inner barrel in stock and don't want to make it longer as it's small size is the main reason I got it

Edited by ctcb197

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, does anybody know the dimensions of the thread on M90X muzzle break? I only know it's compatible with the Thunder Chicken and Trash Panda silencers but i couldn't find any specification about them. I want to made and 3D print some silencers for this model on bigger thread instead of standard 14mm CCW one. I already made two but they are not straight and bbs are hitting the end of the longer one.

Mount-2-RESIZE_2048x2048__42702__30784.jpg

IMG_20230623_191301.jpg