Double Eagle M904g – Aka the Original Q Honey Badger

mightyjebus

11 minutes ago, Xyniro said:

Hello, does anybody know the dimensions of the thread on M90X muzzle break?

I can use my cheapo micrometer to measure the external dimension of the thread (it's 25.8mm) but I won't be able to tell you the thread pitch which is the other thing you'll need.  Looks very fine to me though

13 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

There's an external thread on the 904g flash hider (which I'd not noticed before), it's that which Xyniro wants the specs for

27 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

doh!  I didn't even see your reply.

The OD of the threads is 21.8mm according to my calipers.

Easy mistake to make - most people are only ever interested in 14 or 16mm threads and whether they're CW or CCW.

Interesting point though - I measured the external diameter as 25.8mm.  (Just re-checked it too)

Change of design?   Or am I just shit at using measuring devices?  ;)

310408855_DEM904Gflashhider.jpg.7e4a582e107324f1de83f5e143453127.jpg

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Well well well, looks like I actually got close, if not right!  Wonders will never cease 😋

Total disclosure, mine read at 25.7 the first time I re-checked, the second time at 25.8.

I guess 25.7 or 25.8 depending on which might be an actual recognised standard thread size?

• 2 months later...

What sort of FPS should I expect running it stock with .28g? I know FPS isn't the being all and end all out but if it's fairly low I'd look into getting a spring next and people have said the stock isn't very good anyway. Which would you recommend? I have a spenca arms m90 already.

Edited by ctcb197

The stock spring losses oomph quite quickly in my experience, so the original FPS is rather lost in the mists of time.

Getting around 260 with the correct hop applied now (which lowers the FPS quite a bit).  Not sure what spring is inside!

I think I had an m105 in my 906c when I first changed out the stock spring, it'll be in one of my old threads

On 05/12/2023 at 23:13, ctcb197 said:

What sort of FPS should I expect running it stock with .28g? I know FPS isn't the being all and end all out but if it's fairly low I'd look into getting a spring next and people have said the stock isn't very good anyway. Which would you recommend? I have a spenca arms m90 already.

I get around 250-260fps from memory on 0.28s with the hop set, that is on the stock spring. 

• 1 month later...

Just chiming in my experience with handling this gun: it doesn't taking modding very well. The plastic piston head will break if you put anything more than a m110 in it and the gearbox is a bit swiss cheese as it is concerningly easy to file down. The hop unit is also somewhat propietary as the bb tube is placed a bit closer to the gearbox compared to other aftermarket units which can create feeding and fps issues. Currently, i'm havng issues with getting a perun to work in it (because precock), likely due to the sensor positioning as the screw holes are slightly off spec, and you also have to file down a circular screw holder because it gets in the way. The piston is not resetting in the same position every time, leading to feeding issues, firing a BB once every 3/4 shots which is unuseable.

All in all, it's good for the price and it performs well but only if you don't mess with the gearbox as it's really only rated for what it can already handle.

Edited by AK47frizzle

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2023 at 08:32, RostokMcSpoons said:

The stock spring losses oomph quite quickly in my experience, so the original FPS is rather lost in the mists of time.

Getting around 260 with the correct hop applied now (which lowers the FPS quite a bit).  Not sure what spring is inside!

I think I had an m105 in my 906c when I first changed out the stock spring, it'll be in one of my old threads

So would you recommend a m105?