Double Eagle M904g – Aka the Original Q Honey Badger

mightyjebus

2 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

I couldn't resist.....

m904.jpg

Looking good, it would be rude not too!!

Which model is the bigger one? have you found the longer inner barrel of decent quality still?

14 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

its the M908B and the idea is to get run the longer one in woodland. I'll find out this weekend what needs tweaking.

Can I ask what you're expecting to gain from it? (better accuracy, higher FPS etc.).

For the money the M90X range is stonking value, and I quite fancy one day getting a longer barrelled one to create a DMR, but I've a feeling the gearbox shell won't be anywhere near strong enough to cope with the stresses and would need to be replaced.

most likely better accuracy and longer range. I'll S hop it to get the range (using .32 or .36g BB's) and see what the stock inner barrel is like for accuracy. If I can get better grouping at range by fitting another type tightbore barrel then I probably will. Stock motor might be replaced with something high speed to make the 3 round burst a bit snappier as well. I'll be happy with the FPS around 340 as I find that at 340 with S hop you get 65 meters using .36 on a good day. only thing that let's this setup down is barrel length at range as the accuracy can be all over the place at that range with shorter barrels.

On 07/07/2021 at 18:30, mightyjebus said:

most likely better accuracy and longer range. I'll S hop it to get the range (using .32 or .36g BB's) and see what the stock inner barrel is like for accuracy. If I can get better grouping at range by fitting another type tightbore barrel then I probably will. Stock motor might be replaced with something high speed to make the 3 round burst a bit snappier as well. I'll be happy with the FPS around 340 as I find that at 340 with S hop you get 65 meters using .36 on a good day. only thing that let's this setup down is barrel length at range as the accuracy can be all over the place at that range with shorter barrels.

Have you noticed in any changes between m904g and the new variant? I can see that it has Mlok logo, new grip and new DE logo.

only real difference is the rail is metal instead of polymer and the pistol grip is a new shape. I actually like the stock on the G as it's really easy to take on and off to swap out the battery (anyone who struggles with the Magpul CTR stocks would like this stock).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@mightyjebus How you getting on with your M908B? (in your photo though it looks a lot more like an M904F with the smaller stock and longer barrel).

I fancy a DMR as well now, based on an M908A so that I have a longer inner barrel + a single selector on the left hand side (I keep accidentally nudging the ambi one on my M904E when swapping from a right to left hand) + metal receiver (and I'd swap out the bucking and spring, and possibly the cylinder and piston).

Patrolbase call it a B so B it is.

no complaints to be honest with either as they both work well out the box. new player, good little backup or someone who fancies a quick firing AEG should consider one of these.

My M904E has just only had a Maple Leaf Macaron 60 Degree swapped out with the stock bucking, and it hops the 0.25's I use fine (the motor did give off that "new" electrical smell until it had been used a few times).

If you bought the one from Patrol Base it's practically spot out of the box getting 340 FPS +/- one or two on 0.20's, so if you have a 350 FPS AEG limit at your favourite site there's little to do other than the bucking for better grouping / possible hopping heaving BB's (you could easily hop 0.28's with a Macaron for some more range but will lose some speed).

On 12/08/2021 at 10:57, Fatboy40 said:

@JVacation Just being nosy to see if you've got your M904E yet and what you think of it? (I love mine but get a little nervous when recommending it as no two people are the same)

Got it Tuesday. First full day of skirmishing with it today and it was actually very impressive. Range and accuracy at longer ranges were it's only issue but everything else is great. My one major issue I have had is that the hopper is quite hard to turn. One way its smooth but the other needs a key or for you to have long nails because the grooves are quite small. 

3 hours ago, JVacation said:

Range and accuracy at longer ranges were it's only issue...

Interesting to note.

Before I even used it in anger a ML Macaron 60 degree went in it, I've been using it with 0.25's, and accuracy for me has been pretty good with an effective range of around 40 meters.

What do you personally consider as a "longer range"?

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

Interesting to note.

Before I even used it in anger a ML Macaron 60 degree went in it, I've been using it with 0.25's, and accuracy for me has been pretty good with an effective range of around 40 meters.

What do you personally consider as a "longer range"?

I would say around 50m. I have a 60 degree and a omega nub that I may fit in it for my next skirmish day and see how that goes. It was also very windy today so that may of paid a bit part of it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

through no fault of my own I now have another one.

DE904.thumb.jpg.129f105e36d2008acd5dd65deca50449.jpg

Seems reasonable. Backup for a backup. No probs👍

Regards 

I've got my eye on a little something right here in the classifieds.😉

the TM MP5 looks nice (even nicer once magazines become available) but I've got my eye on this.

DE-AEG-APC-445-BK-2.jpg.283cc883b43c74db4b15c83bc1186350.jpg

It uses the Falcon gearbox

Edited by mightyjebus