Double Eagle M904g – Aka the Original Q Honey Badger

mightyjebus

On 10/01/2021 at 16:51, Ujustgotsarged said:

Hey man what midcaps did you use in the double eagle? I'm finding trouble finding mags that feed/keep up with the rate of fire, I upgraded the motor to a shs high torque and its now a beast, but need good midcaps, tried pts and magpul, but they don't feed at all or don't fit in the gun

https://www.taiwangun.com/midcap-magazine-aeg/110-round-polymer-magazine-ar-15-m4-black-battleaxe These fit well. Choose magazines that have this part small because it is causing fitment issues if it's big.

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2021 at 20:52, Nejc krajc said:

Does anyone know how to get it back to full auto. I have it on five round burst and just cant seem to get it back to full auto. Pls help

With a battery in, put it in safe and pull the trigger until you hear a long beep. This signifies that you have reset to factory settings, so you'll need to re-do trigger sensitivity etc too. 

On 02/02/2021 at 07:01, Zullgore said:

Im thinking of buying M908B DE on Taiwangun.

Thanks in adv all

If you are UK-based, good luck with that. Nothing is being shipped from them at the moment.

To answer your question, as they don't publish the inner barrel diameter, assume it to be roughly 6.05 to 6.08mm.

On 02/02/2021 at 07:01, Zullgore said:

Can anyone tell me what is diameter of inner barrel in stock for any of new DE m90* series of Falcon firing system? Im thinking of buying M908B DE on Taiwangun.

Thanks in adv all

Not sure to be honest but it's not really that important. If you want to get a bit more out of the performance I recommend a ZCI 6.02mm, ZCI plastic hop chamber, 60 degree maple leaf and omega nub. Which would come to a total of about £30 on AK2M4 and will take you to a level that is ample for what most people would expect from one of these guns.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 17:26, doom9 said:

https://www.taiwangun.com/midcap-magazine-aeg/110-round-polymer-magazine-ar-15-m4-black-battleaxe These fit well. Choose magazines that have this part small because it is causing fitment issues if it's big.

1.jpg

I can't find these in the UK. I'm not likely to be getting a big enough order together to get them from Taiwangun.

Are there any other recommendations for mid caps for the M904G?

Can someone also please point me towards a suitable battery (or 2) since I don't have any to try out?

14 hours ago, 38super said:

I can't find these in the UK. I'm not likely to be getting a big enough order together to get them from Taiwangun.

Are there any other recommendations for mid caps for the M904G?

Can someone also please point me towards a suitable battery (or 2) since I don't have any to try out?

This week I picked-up an M904N, which unbeknownst to me is the version with a metal handguard but it also comes with a mid-cap. Anyway, I've found my two are not fussy about mags, were it me I would go for something like this: https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/nuprol-airsoft-n-mag-mid-cap-magazine-30--125-rd-6mm-bbs-polymer-light-weight-21123-p.asp

Right or wrong for UK spec, I use these: https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nuprol-11-1v-1100mah-lipo-stick-battery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, new to airsoft, recently bought Double eagle M904G and I want to improve the range. I guess I should change rubber and tensioner. Are all AEG rubbers and tensionirs compatible for this replica? I thought to go with maple leaf super macaron 70°

Do you recommend something else and also which tensioner would be good. Maybe maple leaf omega? 

Note: I am not from UK. 

Edited by Pivic

3 hours ago, doom9 said:

I read somewhere that they do not fit perfectly si I ordered 3x kublai mid caps and they work and fit perfectly

https://www.taiwangun.com/midcap-magazine-aeg/120rd-polymer-mid-cap-magazine-for-m4-ar-15-series-black-kublai

• 1 month later...

I'm not made of money and considering "bang for buck" I so want to buy a Double Eagle M904 (probably E) when I have the cash (I'd rather the polymer M904 over the metal variant to keep the weight down). However, at the back of my mind I've this doubt that once DE (being a cheaper end Chinese business) finish their production run / stock is gone will move onto a new platform and spare parts will be non-existent / donor guns for their parts will not be available.

They have a URL / website...

doubleeagle.cn that re-directs to http://doubleeagle-group.com/

... but it never loads successfully.

I just have a feeling that if I want a genuinely long term AEG, with all the useful features like a decent mosfet / electronic trigger / quick change spring etc., I should be saving up for something much higher end? (Krytac territory).

The website you linked sends to RC models.

Get one, but please buy the buffer tube version, this because the lower receiver is proprietary and I would rather have the buffer tube adapter rather than trying to print one out of thin air.

Everything else is just bog standard M4/V2 stuff, so plenty of spares and upgrades available.

If the Titan knock off dies, you can replace it with whatever you want.

16 hours ago, Skara said:

The website you linked sends to RC models.

Get one, but please buy the buffer tube version, this because the lower receiver is proprietary and I would rather have the buffer tube adapter rather than trying to print one out of thin air.

Everything else is just bog standard M4/V2 stuff, so plenty of spares and upgrades available.

If the Titan knock off dies, you can replace it with whatever you want.

It's their parent groups website, it's about all they actively publish if you Google them, and if you can get it to load is has links to their airsoft one. I suppose in a positive way they're a company who uses their production facilities (plastic moulding etc.) to produce various hobby products so they'll have some sort of longevity in the market.

I agree 100% buffer tube all the way for compatibility, plus I don't personally like PDW stocks on M4's/AR's. I suppose I need to accept that being at the cheaper end of the hobby it won't last forever, but it then becomes a shell for upgrades liek you said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2021 at 10:18, Fatboy40 said:

It's their parent groups website, it's about all they actively publish if you Google them, and if you can get it to load is has links to their airsoft one. I suppose in a positive way they're a company who uses their production facilities (plastic moulding etc.) to produce various hobby products so they'll have some sort of longevity in the market.

I agree 100% buffer tube all the way for compatibility, plus I don't personally like PDW stocks on M4's/AR's. I suppose I need to accept that being at the cheaper end of the hobby it won't last forever, but it then becomes a shell for upgrades liek you said.

I've already shot more than 12k rounds with it and not a single issues. I know it is anecdotal but it is far from crappy and I actually expect it to last (especially with 7.4v).

Edited by doom9

I'll be buying an M904E this week so I was wondering what the consensus is on compatible mags?

I'll probably be buying either PTS Syndicate EPM 1's or NUPROL M4/15/16 350 Rnd Hi-Cap N-Mag's (probably the PTS as I don't want the mag to not be able to keep up), unless anyone thinks they'll have trouble fitting or be a bad choice?

oh and as a follow up to my initial review I thought I'd mention that I've used it quite a bit since the review and it's still working flawlessly. I'm running it on a 11.1V most of the time and sticking to binary/3 round burst and had zero issues.

I used it this weekend and the phrase someone shouted at me kinda sums this little AEG up.

"I don't know what you are firing at me but it just scared the shit out of me!"

14 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

I used 2 EPM1's this weekend and they worked really well in the M904.

How have you been getting on with loading them? Do you need to be the Hulk to load them fully once the spring is under tension? (seen a lot of this on YouTube, and Negative Airsoft ripped right into them).

9 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

I'm running it on a 11.1V most of the time and sticking to binary/3 round burst and had zero issues.

Do you find it performs much better on 11.1v? (snappier trigger response etc.). I've not decided what to use yet, most sellers of it say 11.1v but some actually say no more than 7.4v so a little confussing.

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

How have you been getting on with loading them? Do you need to be the Hulk to load them fully once the spring is under tension? (seen a lot of this on YouTube, and Negative Airsoft ripped right into them).

They're extremely well made and the BB gauge is a fantastic feature but in my experience, even when using a sidewinder style loader they're a bitch to fill much past the halfway mark.

I used the finest chinese knockoff sidewinder which feels like it's about to break on every turn but hasn't yet. They are tight to load but like most things loosen up a bit after use. (has the sweary guy on youtube ever said anything nice about airsoft stuff?) :)

I use 11.1v simply because the 3 round burst shoots ever so slightly faster. The M904 isn't sluggish by any means on a 7.4v but you can tell the difference in 3 round burst speed when comparing the 2.

Done and dusted... M904E + 2x 1300 mah 11.1v batteries + 2x EPM1 mags + Maple Leaf 60 degree Macaron. My next game is not until 18th July so I'll part fill the EPM1 mags and leave them for a few days at a time to try and weaken the spring in them a little.

Has anyone here played around with the spring in the M904 and tried it as a DMR?

Well, I've only had it for one evening (post England beating Germany), and I'm very happy with the M904E as it's so much gun for the money. I paid £170 for it and I suppose the closest AEG I've held / used that's a direct price comparison is the G&G CM16 FFR A2 which costs £165 and has an electronic trigger and standard MOSFET, but that piddly £5 difference gets you a programmable MOSFET + slightly higher FPS out of the box + higher RPS + quick change spring (my son's G&G Firehawk feels terrible in comparison, I think I know what he'll be asking Santa for).

I bought Nuprol 1300 mah 11.1v 20c LiPo's to go with it, and in semi spamming the trigger I can't come anywhere close to outracing the gun which put a big smile on my face. No problem with the PTS EPM 1 mags either.

I did a quick chrono on 0.25's and got around 295 FPS / 1.03 J, so I suppose around 330 FPS on 0.20's so not bad out of the box. I've a Maple Leaf Macaron 60 degree ready to swap in, I'm not expecting any FPS improvement from it but better grouping, so next pay day will be time to play around with springs (although the buffer tube seems to provide slightly worse access to it than the PDW stock from photo's, in that there's less light getting into the tube to see what you're doing) and maybe think about a slightly tighter inner barrel / better hop-up unit.

Something worth noting is that the cover for the quick change spring protrudes a little into the buffer tube so a long battery does stick out. Also I wish the buffer tube had a sling plate on it like most other M4's, a very small thing I suppose, but it makes the gun hang lower on my sling than I'd like it to.

Edit 1: Had more time to fart around with it now on a fully charged 11.1v LiPo and with the Maple Leaf 60 degree in it. Getting around 308 FPS / 1.08 J on 0.25's now and way tighter grouping. 

Edited by Fatboy40