Double Eagle M904g – Aka the Original Q Honey Badger

mightyjebus

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

you had chance to open up the gearbox? 

Open the gearbox ?.

Do that & you've just thrown away any warranty !.

If it runs straight & within site limits then I'd always leave it be until it actually needs looking at, ideally after 12 months, hopefully much much longer lol.

384eecccfef293085f284d7cada59a9c.jpg

mightyjebus - thanks for the pics.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Open the gearbox ?.

Do that & you've just thrown away any warranty !.

If it runs straight & within site limits then I'd always leave it be until it actually needs looking at, ideally after 12 months, hopefully much much longer lol.

Warranty? Sending a cheapo gun back to Poland? Yeh, that's not happening for me - I can fix and tune most guns to a reasonable standard now so I'm happy to split open a gearbox. But I do understand where you are coming from. 

I just opened up my son's new/unskirmished Specna Edge - I'm glad I did as it was a complete sh**show on the inside. Now fixed and running nicely switching out a couple of parts and a bit of elbow grease (I won't bore you with the details) - I wouldn't of trusted the retailer to have properly 'fixed' it under warranty.

I think my concern about the DE M904G is not really the mechanics, because they are easily changed/sorted, but rather that Falcon fire control unit. I desperately want it to be good, because DE potentially has a game-changer on their hands with this gun. It's just that it's unproven and in the current lock-down climate it's reliability cannot be established.

But if that Falcon unit proves itself decently reliable - DE has just kicked the likes of G&G squarely in the teeth - I mean who would want an over-priced Combat Machine (up to £200 these days), when they could buy something like this?

I'm excited, but remain a bit skeptical.

13 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I think my concern about the DE M904G is not really the mechanics, because they are easily changed/sorted, but rather that Falcon fire control unit.

Same.

I just hope it's not like the Ares EFCS (read proprietary piece of shit that can't be swapped with anything else without having to buy and dremel a whole new box shell).

On 29/04/2020 at 19:41, Tackle said:

I'm gutted, finally found a site I wanna stick with, but they've just announced they're no longer running games there, & me one game away from getting my ukara up & running again after about 6 years without it, time I get it sorted again no doubt the price will have soared lol. 

@mightyjebus, it's all your bloody fault 😜

Don't miss out mate, get a mate with a UKARA to accept delivery for you! 

Just make sure it's well hidden when transporting it outside the house.

32 minutes ago, Craigmc1983 said:

Naughty! 😜

I'm going to hold-off on one of these until later in the year once people start playing with them and I can see some post-skirmish feedback. That, and I would prefer one in FDE rather than black.

Thanks @mightyjebus for the excellent first impressions review.

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Craigmc1983 said:

A very very nice man has already offered 😁, but as I'm waiting on two lots of surgery before I can play again, I'm holding off, plus at a rough guess I'm sitting on around 14 rifles & 6 pistols at the minute, so enough to keep me going (but it's on my shopping list along with an AA12, L1A1 & MK5 Sterling🤤)

52 minutes ago, Craigmc1983 said:

Just make sure it's well hidden when transporting it outside the house.

Very good advice mate👍, thankfully after 20yrs of playing I have a plethora of gun bags & hard cases 😁

7 hours ago, Tackle said:

A very very nice man has already offered 😁, but as I'm waiting on two lots of surgery before I can play again, I'm holding off, plus at a rough guess I'm sitting on around 14 rifles & 6 pistols at the minute, so enough to keep me going (but it's on my shopping list along with an AA12, L1A1 & MK5 Sterling🤤)

Very good advice mate👍, thankfully after 20yrs of playing I have a plethora of gun bags & hard cases 😁

Haha sorry mate just assumed you may be quite new to it due to lack of UKARA

7 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Naughty! 😜

I'm going to hold-off on one of these until later in the year once people start playing with them and I can see some post-skirmish feedback. That, and I would prefer one in FDE rather than black.

Thanks @mightyjebus for the excellent first impressions review.

I should my mate this thread today, he's got a honey badger already but has got in his head he wants to play with two at once! He's tempted to get one of these instead and if he does I think I'll pick one up to!

Ye thanks @mightyjebus, great review!

I S hopped my inner barrel and added a prometheus flat hop rubber (Blue) and a Prometheus hop tensioner (also blue) and I can now shift .36g with ease.

I've also uploaded the 3D battery extension for anyone who wants to print 1 off.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4352413

I've got a high speed motor in the post and I'll be interested in seeing what different it makes.

On 09/05/2020 at 08:00, doom9 said:

Pheas sends the link to the video of a disassembly. Support his channel :)

Gotta say - those internals look pretty damned good for a £104 quid gun.

Hello,

I bought the Honey Badger too and made an teardown after Delivery and Upgrade some parts.

I added an new shs lightweight Piston,

(14teeth) shs pom Piston head and an shs High Torque Motor - new protech Grease For the Gears - Overall an decent gun - played it one day Long and Love it.

Im really impressed whats possible for this small Budget.

The Falcon system works Like the Gate Titan/Aster, Perun or the cheap etu from T238 with optical Sensors. And i works like a charme.

Thx For the battery Extension. 

Cheers!

PS: sry for my english, im not from the uk.

Edited by George K.
Forgot an Info.

8 hours ago, doom9 said:

Why did you go for this one instead of the one made by POINT

no real reason as they will probably be very similar based on price.

• 2 months later...

@mightyjebus any updates?

How's the gun performing?

I am seriously tempted to buy one at this point (and sell my Ares piece of shit).

Problem is, on TaiwanCum it's out of stock along with its longer brothers and the ones with the regular M4 stock.

I have managed to find one on an Italian retailer but that's €200 shipped (almost double the price).

its solid to be honest. I went back to the original motor as the high speed one was junk. I've got another 25000 motor coming next week that I'll fit and get back to crazy binary fire.

I had someone message me a while back as they had problems with theirs feeding but every magazine I've tried (and I've got quite a few different brands) all work fine.

Taiwangun as showing as "coming soon" so you might want to hold off until they get their new shipment. I'm hoping the Tan version arrives at the same time and I'll grab one.

Oh and I've S hopped the inner barrel so it now chucks .36g about 65 meters.

• 2 weeks later...

@mightyjebus I just pulled the trigger on the longer version of this gun. The M904A. I will assume it has the same build quality that yours has.....assume or hope...either one haha. I thank you for all the descriptions