Returning to Airsoft After a Long Break

Rick990

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@Rick990 👋

Welcome back to Airsoft.... 15 years, you must hold the record on this Forum, for coming back!?.... 🤔😜

💷GAMBLE💷

I'm in the same boat, though slightly smaller break, 10 years for me! Decided to loadup on gear while in quarantine so I can get right back to playing when this all blows over 

@Brye2112 👋

Welcome back, good plan, hopefully soon! 🤞👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Welcome back. nothing has change that much. Batteries have gotten better, Japan still has the best consistency in products, there is a bit more electronics in AEGs I personally don't think they make a massive difference. 

I stepped away for 20 years before coming back. It really didn’t take that much adjustment. The biggest changes for me were:

1. LiPo batteries (but I was familiar with them from running RC cars).

2. The prevalence of metal receivers in all but the cheapest guns (this was a very high end or after market option when I started).

3. Marui NGRS.

4. programmable mosfets.

5. Generally the fact that stuff that would have cost £400-500 in 1998 gets is arse kicked by a £175.00 gun now.

6. There was no VCRA or two tone guns. We just bought whatever we wanted and could afford.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.