We L85 Conversion

jagdthetiger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all

long story short, putting a shopping list together to convert an L85 to run on HPA. I want to maintain the blowback aspect of the gun, and was looking at the alyan V3 conversion kit, but they are no longer accepting orders. does anyone know any way to do this conversion? preferably without dropping a tonne of money, or converting the magazine to use a HPA line (need them hi cap mags)

Just now, sjhirst said:

Doesn't the L85 take m4 mags? 

How about an armourer works drum mag, tapped for hpa?

would prefer avoiding magazine kits. drum mags on the L85 would be uncomfortable anyways

41 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Daytonagun if you still have both kidneys

might have to turn this into a pet project then

I used to convert we mags to hpa, as have several others on the WE owners facebook group (i think thats what it was!)

It can be a bit of trial and error, but theres 2 ways of doing it:

1: stripping down the inside of the original mag and pairing it with a cut down hi cap mag. Then fitting a hpa valve inside.

2: A double stack mag. Keep the original gas mag and modify a hi cap mag to feed into it from the side.

I've not heard very good things about Alyan's hi caps, but perhaps theyve improved over time?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.