Hpa Advice

JDairsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1200 shots isn't much tbf.

I'd expect that from a 13ci, not a 48 one.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Skara said:

1200 shots isn't much tbf.

I'd expect that from a 13ci, not a 48 one.

It's not a complete fill generally, our local site runs his compressor pretty low.

Also those are 200 round midcaps. I suppose i should have clarified that first time round.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

It's not a complete fill generally, our local site runs his compressor pretty low.

Also those are 200 round midcaps. I suppose i should have clarified that first time round.

much better now :D

2400 is acceptable for a non complete fill :) I remember someone telling me that a 48x3000 at full fill would give me 3k shots @1J

10 hours ago, JDairsoft said:

how many shots or games would a 48ci hpa tank last. And do most airsoft sites that do hpa refills do refills for free , if not how much for.

Too many variables to give a definitive answer here.

Most sites that do HPA will refill for free, most fill as per above to around 2500-2800 so your 3K is instantly running lower. The pressure your system needs will have an impact on shot count as well.

A lot of dive shops will fill your bottle for a couple of quid.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Skara said:

much better now :D

2400 is acceptable for a non complete fill :) I remember someone telling me that a 48x3000 at full fill would give me 3k shots @1J

That does sound about right, certainly when i've filled from the dive tank nice and fresh it lasts a fair bit longer.

Practically though i fill up after every round anyway, unless its been so quiet i've only used one or two mags.

A site that runs HPA will (ideally) have at least one master holding cylinder fed by its compressor.

This allows them to run the compressor when required to fill and then just top up the cylinder.
They would fill players cylinders to less than the master cylinders pressure  Otherwise without a master cylinder they would be running a compressor to directly fill each players cylinder, or running the compressor all day to keep the master topped up as each player draws on the air

The first player gets full capacity, the next a little less etc. (The bigger the master cylinder is and the lower and more often  the fills taken, the further any given master fill will go)

Restrict  fills to a lower level such as 2400 to 2800psi and everyone can get a matching fill.  Top up regularly rather than filling from empty and the compressor has to run for less during the day

https://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/scubafills2.asp

Paintball sites that cater for own gunner paintballers provide free air fills.

If the same sight runs airsoft then they will probably also provide free fills.  This may depend as if there is only one HPA airsofter then it becomes expensive for them to kick in the compressor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.