Vsr Problems

Dannyc92

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New here, cousin and I bought a cheap vsr off “justBBguns” I think it was a few years ago, not sure of brand, roughly £130 for the rifle, bipod and scope. So a cheap package. 
made the mistake of using the BB’s that came with it and it jammed a few times and we decided to put something down the barrel to unjam it (another mistake). Since then I’ve tried using it again and the BB’s roll out of the barrel when it’s cocked and aimed even the slightest bit down. Not sure what’s caused it. 

And there’s a clunky sound when the trigger is pulled and it shoots around 10-15ft and it looks like there’s no power in the shot at all. 

Would love to get it fixed up and firing well as I want to properly get into Airsoft. Any advice on how to sort the rifle out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Strip it down and see what's going on inside . The BB rolling out of the barrel is likely to be hop related, you may not have any hop 'on' or the rubber could have been damaged by the unjamming . Try putting some hop on and see if the BB holds and if the range gets better. Check thoroughly for air leaks in the bolt and in the hop. If you cock the rifle and fire it with your thumb over the inner barrel (no BB in the gun) the piston should stop before it hits the end of the bolt due to build up of air pressure, if the piston slams fully home you've got air leaking.

BBs rolling out and no range sounds like you have no hopup applied or whatever you rammed down the barrel destroyed the rubber.

Try moving hop lever into the middle and see if they stop rolling out the end and then slowly reduce the hop amount of your BBS fly up until they go flat.

Thanks for the replies, I’ll try those things and see what happens with it. 
It doesn’t what the hop is set to, BB’s still roll out and there’s no power behind the shot, the rifle was originally bought for some backyard shooting and I knew nothing about airsoft back then, now I’m wanting to get into it. 

If it’s the hop up rubber, would any vsr compatible rubber fit it? Or do they vary depending on brands?

If they are rolling out no matter what setting then likely the rubber is gone.

In theory any VSR rubber will fit but may not work as some need a concave nub and some don't.

I would say go safe option and get an action army hop rubber as that will be cheap, available and work with any stock chamber.

The screws that hold the barrel and everything to the stock use Allen keys instead of a screwdriver one is rounded out so I can’t get it out to take it apart, just tried it there, any other options for getting that out? 

Duno what tools you have but could be a tough job.

Dremel a couple of groves on the inside to use a flat head screwdriver

Drill out the screw.

Use a drill in reverse with a bit that can catch the screw.

Try two smaller Allen keys that hopefully catch the edges.

Try Torx keys.

1 hour ago, Dannyc92 said:

The screws that hold the barrel and everything to the stock use Allen keys instead of a screwdriver one is rounded out so I can’t get it out to take it apart, just tried it there, any other options for getting that out? 

Star bits may work as they would drive what was the corners. Alternatively sometimes you can get a small flat bladed screwdriver inside the rounded head which may give some drive. If they're really rounded though it's likely they were cross threaded as they went in.

2 hours ago, Dannyc92 said:

tiny sheet of rubber and use a phillips screwdriver

I managed to get the screw out, used a hammer and a flat head screw bit and then screwed it out. When I took it apart, it looks like the nub just fell out onto the worktop in front of me, just need to figure out where exactly it goes on this.

heres some pics of the hop up on this, have to get a smaller screwdriver to get the hop lever off so I can take it out of the barrel

9671C8CD-A45F-416C-9F89-88A57ED2B3B2.jpeg

A452EB00-8AD7-4F2B-9B38-EFFA13CE0A23.jpeg

A02F4E79-75AF-4910-9FE3-5316FB79B6A7.jpeg

Here are a couple of videos of test firing too, one without my finger over the end and one with, the clunky spring sound is what I’ve heard when I’ve loaded a bb into the chamber and tried to fire 

What would you guys recommend with this? It was sitting around for a couple of years in a cupboard before I decided to bring it out and want to start using it. 
I looked on justbbguns website, pretty sure it was there and found the bundle we got, seems to be hfc brand.

would you recommend trying to upgrade and repair or buy a new one? I’m not too sure how well brand stack up, I have thought about upgrading the internals to better quality parts 

I live in Northern Ireland so our fps limit is around 230fps or so regardless of gun, I have looked at other rifles as I think all the internals on mine will need replaced. I do want to travel and play different fields around Uk and Europe once I’ve been playing here for a while. So the option of upping the fps easily for different fields would definitely be an advantage. 

Would a new rifle still be the better option or would building this one to meet limits here for me be better?

sorry for lack of knowledge about rifles and stupid sounding questions 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.