Hop-up M4

PiilotDown

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, Been a lot on the internet searching for information regarding switching out the old original hop up, bucking, nub and barrel. 

what I have found out; there is endless types and styles to choose between. Until now I have found a Prowin m4 style hop up chamber, omega nub 70, and Maple leaf monster 60 bucking diamond. 

my question is, does anyone have some other opinions, any links, preferred websites to order this from and any general meaning about hop ups styles etc. I’m here to chat!

PiilotDown

If you want a hop that will improve the gun get a maxx model unit. If you want to risk making your gun worse get the prowin. 

ZCI are a good Choice for barrels that won’t break the bank. 

My go to hop rubber is the maple leaf macaron 60° (get the omega nub if using the prowin. Won’t be needed if using the maxx) 

• Supporters

as above, an ml macaron in a MAXX unit is all the hop unit anyone needs.

i've heard plenty of criticisms of the more recent pro-win hops, although not yet heard any specific reasons as to whats wrong with them.

Have also seen the ZCI units, But with that one, i would also need bucking and nub right? 

yeah, i have seen the MAXX, But like, this King Arms M4 i want to fit all this in, it max at like 40m, with 40cm spread. I just want it to be a bit better. Will also switch to a 7,4V LiPO battery as the old NiMh battery have been unused for 6 years and I don’t think it help the gun shoot good. 

also I have already ordered a tightbore 

ZCI hop units are decent, both the plastic and CNC ones, i have them in 4 or 5 guns and they are yet to give me issues. They are also way cheaper than the Maxx units which are like the Ferraris of the hop world.

Standard maple leaf green or yellow with an omega nub go well with the ZCI units. And everything for less than 20 quid if you go for the plastic hop. One of the best bang for buck in airsoft upgrade packages you can get imo.

14 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

ZCI hop units are decent, both the plastic and CNC ones, i have them in 4 or 5 guns and they are yet to give me issues. They are also way cheaper than the Maxx units which are like the Ferraris of the hop world.

Standard maple leaf green or yellow with an omega nub go well with the ZCI units. And everything for less than 20 quid if you go for the plastic hop. One of the best bang for buck in airsoft upgrade packages you can get imo.

yea, I will probably end up with the same combo! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PiilotDown said:

Have also seen the ZCI units, But with that one, i would also need bucking and nub right? 

yeah, i have seen the MAXX, But like, this King Arms M4 i want to fit all this in, it max at like 40m, with 40cm spread. I just want it to be a bit better. Will also switch to a 7,4V LiPO battery as the old NiMh battery have been unused for 6 years and I don’t think it help the gun shoot good. 

also I have already ordered a tightbore 

the stock king arms unit is pretty decent, have you done any work on the air seal? that'll do wonders for accuracy.

36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the stock king arms unit is pretty decent, have you done any work on the air seal? that'll do wonders for accuracy.

Haven’t done anything with the gun in 5-6 years. That’s why I have to do something now. 

when you say air seal, what do you mean I should do? Do you have any pictures to describe? I’m pretty green to this all! But I’m pretty sure it did not max out with about 30-40m, with a biiig spread when I first got it. Just assumed all the rubber buckings, nubs etc have failed

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, PiilotDown said:

Haven’t done anything with the gun in 5-6 years. That’s why I have to do something now. 

when you say air seal, what do you mean I should do? Do you have any pictures to describe? I’m pretty green to this all! But I’m pretty sure it did not max out with about 30-40m, with a biiig spread when I first got it. Just assumed all the rubber buckings, nubs etc have failed

yes i do right here:

there's also the factor of ammo to consider, good quality heavy ammo will help massively when it comes to shooting accurately.

39 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yes i do right here:

there's also the factor of ammo to consider, good quality heavy ammo will help massively when it comes to shooting accurately.

Wow, great! Will read it all and try to do as best as i can. Thanks man!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.