Ics L85a2 Afghan Spec. Battery Location

Guest Daver

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Daver

Hi I have a ics l85a2 in Afghan spec as I’m military.my only problem is changing the battery is a pain in the ass and using a battery peq box is overkill...has anyone els got one of these guns or ideas.

much appreciated 

7394EEDF-B747-483F-90AE-DD8947B6C329.jpeg

I've gradually been upgrading my AA L85A1 to A2 spec and had the same issue when I fitted the DD rail. I ended up fitting a small LiPo pack in the lower receiver, just above the trigger & pistol grip. The AA L85 is a clone of the G&G L85 and a bit different in design but I think it should be possible to do something similar with the ICS one.

Others have managed to fit a long, slim type LiPo pack inside the rail assembly itself but the problem with that solution is it's a PITA to swap out as you then have to take the rail off each time.

I get a nunchuck 1100mah  lipo to sit easily in the front hand grip, lift the lid and drop one cell down each side with wire over the gas tube

In case it'll help anyone I took a photo to show the battery positioning in my AA L85, along with the fuse & MOSFET (it's just a basic MOSFET setup, not my best work but I was in a bit of a rush at the time & it works fine anyway). I'm probably going to add some foam/other padding to help protect the battery and wiring if it gets shaken about, and maybe some velcro to help keep everything in place & out of the way as there are some moving parts nearby.

l85-battery.thumb.jpg.8d3233db5c11eef207d7f21efbd4923b.jpg

The battery is a small pack measuring about 72x26x13mm, rated at 1000mAh 35C (although I have my doubts about that... still, it seems fine so far). There's room to fit a slightly larger pack but it would be more of a squeeze.

On a side note, having the battery placed there does make disassembly & reassembly easier as there's no wiring between the lower & upper receivers to disconnect/reconnect and get in the way :)

I also found a post from someone else here who did the same with their L85. Not sure which brand theirs is, but it's different to mine:

I knew I'd seen someone else do it this way before :)

Guest Daver
On 23/04/2020 at 20:32, MadMole said:

I get a nunchuck 1100mah  lipo to sit easily in the front hand grip, lift the lid and drop one cell down each side with wire over the gas tube

cool thanks buddy I’ll give it a go just need to get one on order although iv tried it with a 7.4 and works well. Thanks for the tip👍🏻

Thanks thanks for all your help very much appreciated 

On 25/04/2020 at 19:32, Ad_ said:

In case it'll help anyone I took a photo to show the battery positioning in my AA L85, along with the fuse & MOSFET (it's just a basic MOSFET setup, not my best work but I was in a bit of a rush at the time & it works fine anyway). I'm probably going to add some foam/other padding to help protect the battery and wiring if it gets shaken about, and maybe some velcro to help keep everything in place & out of the way as there are some moving parts nearby.

l85-battery.thumb.jpg.8d3233db5c11eef207d7f21efbd4923b.jpg

The battery is a small pack measuring about 72x26x13mm, rated at 1000mAh 35C (although I have my doubts about that... still, it seems fine so far). There's room to fit a slightly larger pack but it would be more of a squeeze.

On a side note, having the battery placed there does make disassembly & reassembly easier as there's no wiring between the lower & upper receivers to disconnect/reconnect and get in the way :)

I also found a post from someone else here who did the same with their L85. Not sure which brand theirs is, but it's different to mine:

I knew I'd seen someone else do it this way before :)

Thanks buddy for taking your time to post this.it gives me something els to think about..much appreciated for your time👍🏻

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.