Bolt Brss or Pts GBB

designatedwingman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Needing some advice/recommendations.

Thanks to an oversight by HMRC I'm getting a healthy rebate and I have been given permission from the missus to treat myself. 

I'm swaying between the Bolt BRSS AEG or PTS GBB systems and would appreciate any advice or experience from members.

Thanks in advance

What are you planning to use the gun for primarily and what are your priorities for functionality?

I don’t have any experience with either of the specific weapons you mentioned, but have used AEGs and GBBRs extensively and they are very different animals.

GBBRs have the advantage when it comes to realism of operation, better sound and recoil impulse, but have higher running costs and lower ammunition capacity (gas is a consumable and you will need more magazines due to the lower capacity). I prefer them to AEGs just because of the realism, but if you are doing a lot of walk on skirmishing you will be restricted to mainly semi auto only and can feel outgunned by the AEG wielding masses.

AEGs are cheeper to run, have a higher ammunition capacity, higher rate of fire and are generally available at a broader range of price points than GBBR, they also need less frequent maintenance.  This comes at the cost of realism of operation, noise If these things are not your primary concern then AEGs can be a good choice.

Ill briefly mention trigger response, as someone is sure to mention that GBBRs have better trigger response. Generally this is true due to the way they work, but with the right upgrades a mosfet and precocking etc. AEGs can have a really sharp trigger response, sure it won’t be GBBR sharp, but unless you are doing serious competition style shooting it will be so close as to make no difference. Again the question is how much does that matter to you (and if it does are you willing to spend extra money upgrading an AEG).

17 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

....all excellent points...

I agree completely, I hate sowing machine guns, but I don’t skirmish, so all of the GBB drawbacks are irrelevant to me

I skirmish my GBBR as my primary, but I do run 13 mags so never really feel outgunned. The downside is 13 mags cost more than the price of the gun...🤪🤪🤪

On 25/04/2020 at 19:03, AK47frizzle said:

Bolt brss aegs are a piece of shit internally (source: I had one). And, pts gbbrs aren't so well received either. People often say ghk or tm mws are superior gbbr platforms.

Took your advice and went for the TM MWS. Not saying goodbye to my AEG but be good to have options on game days

The MWS is a great choice. The layout of the internals is less like the real steel than the GHK, but it by far the most skirmishable GBBR out of the box. Love mine. Have fun buying all the mags 🤪.

In all seriousness you will need at least 4 plus a speed loader if you are very careful with ammo. Post people agree 7 is the sweet spot. I love longer games, am partial to a bit of burst fire and hate rattly speed loaders hence 13 mags...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.