Idiot in Kent

Nick G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What a muppet. The fastest route to getting a full metal present from the Police!!!

Now that definitely does not sound like an Airsoft rifle!! Possibly blank fire or even real steel!!

From the pictures it looks like there was a 2 tone G36 amongst the 'weapons' seized along with blank firers . Complete idiot . Shows the restraint of the UK firearms boys though, most countries he would have just been shot .

3 minutes ago, Macv276 said:

"machine gun"..... 🙄

Maybe he had the coronavirus crazies? 

it's quite an interesting perspective, lets face it we are all so used to being around 'guns' that we get a bit meh about it. The general public in the UK are so unused to seeing guns that they cause quite a shock factor , which is why we need to be so careful about our RIFs in public. Of course the average Airsofter would have named the gun in question and described every accessory fitted to it 🤣

13 minutes ago, Nick G said:

it's quite an interesting perspective, lets face it we are all so used to being around 'guns' that we get a bit meh about it. The general public in the UK are so unused to seeing guns that they cause quite a shock factor , which is why we need to be so careful about our RIFs in public. Of course the average Airsofter would have named the gun in question and described every accessory fitted to it 🤣

Haha, yeah we are a desensitised bunch :lol:

Pictured: The suspected imitation firearms that the man was seen brandishing on his balcony in Kent

Looks suspiciously like the ARMY ARMAMENT R36K which you can buy on... bbguns4less.co.uk 👏👏

g36k-9__32613.1566150929.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Naughty naughty...

• Supporters

At least now he'll be getting out of the house..........to a much bigger house 😜

Couple of points though, the article says they're illegal, when they are not.

It also says there was 30 minutes of shooting. If it took that long for a response then that's shocking.

We'll have to see if there was some sort of motive due to a magic man in the sky, or maybe he's just had some sort of breakdown.

Unfortunately though it shows that 2 tones are still very capable of putting the willies up the public.

13 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Unfortunately though it shows that 2 tones are still very capable of putting the willies up the public.

Due to the distance and obscured view (top floor of the tower) I doubt anyone could see it clearly enough - the general shape and especially the noise of the blank firers were probably the biggest factors.

2 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

From the video he posted/live streamed, he seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic/on drugs/drunk.

My nephew is police up there. The block is five mins from my in laws, and my niece was just about to cycle down their with my sister in law. The bloke was firing off blanks and streaming on IG and Snapchat at the same time.

I would say drugs were playing a large part in this. There is no way you would tell if the pistols were RiFs from where he was, but you could tell from IG that he had a two tone. Very lucky he was in the UK and not in US. I am not sure how many armed officers are in the Medway area, may have had to come up from Gravesend or Maidstone.

Having seen the images of what he had...... I went and had a look at BBGunsForLess as mentioned in another post about this. It could almost be an advertising stunt for them. This is the front page of their website!!!!!

Annotation_2020-04-22_144757.png

• Moderators

funny in a way, just saw this on BBC site then went looking, was gonna post on here and found the topic!!....:lol:

oh and what a tw@t :angry:

emergency services really dont need to be dealing with idiots like this, 

I mean a properly manipulated Banana could invoke a public reaction or a call out from the SCO19... it's just that open market fruit sellers don't have to hold their breath when something like this happens... but we do.

Let’s not forget he was also firing blank pistols.

These are (unlicenced) firearms.

The two tone is an IF and uncontrolled, so a VCRA sales offence hasn’t been committed.  Waving it about in public is the problem no matter what the colour.

As a potential RIF case observers from

a distance are unlikely to have noticed the blue colouring, but unless someone goes into the fine detail of whether it qualifies as bright blue and majority coverage then it’s still an IF in the eyes of the VCRA

He has his personal responsibility on what he is doing with the IF and the blank firers.

His actions have legal consequences, and note that he wasn’t doing an airsoft video in an irresponsible manner, (like the recent New York rooftop).  But he was deliberately acting for police attention - and got it 

• Supporters

do we have any idea on why he was doing it? seems like you'd have to be pretty damn bored to want to get arrested just for the sake of some entertainment.

i mean i wanna go shoot stuff but i know damn rightly that it's not worth the risk even going somewhere secluded to pop some cans.

43 minutes ago, 14mstant said:

My guess is drugs were involved

Yeah, from the video he was clearly off his rocker, whether it was substance abuse or just mental illness. 

On 22/04/2020 at 17:47, PopRocket123 said:

Stuff like this really points out how pointless two tone laws are. Doesn't matter what colour it is people are still going to freak out if it's not obviously a nerf gun

This was all pointed out back when the VCRA was going through parliament. People have been shot for things like having a table leg in a black bag before, and it's not like a can of spray paint is hard for anyone to obtain (and criminals naturally won't care about the legality).

Unfortunately its effectiveness wasn't a factor - the government just wanted to be seen to be doing something. We're lucky that we managed to get an exemption, as airsoft was even more of a niche sport back then.

On 23/04/2020 at 11:13, Enid_Puceflange said:

Just as well folk do react still

Imagine some fruitcake walking down the street with a two tone Real Steel 🙄

I'm surprised we haven't heard of this happening yet, especially since gangs often use kids as drug & gun mules. It's already been done in the US with criminals painting the tips of their real firearms orange to try to make police hesitate... totally pointless.

1 hour ago, Ad_ said:

This was all pointed out back when the VCRA was going through parliament. People have been shot for things like having a table leg in a black bag before, and it's not like a can of spray paint is hard for anyone to obtain (and criminals naturally won't care about the legality).

Unfortunately its effectiveness wasn't a factor - the government just wanted to be seen to be doing something. We're lucky that we managed to get an exemption, as airsoft was even more of a niche sport back then.

I'm surprised we haven't heard of this happening yet, especially since gangs often use kids as drug & gun mules. It's already been done in the US with criminals painting the tips of their real firearms orange to try to make police hesitate... totally pointless.

Having a table leg in a bag with a suspicious accent.

This is a historic and tragic case that not many people are aware of. 

During the IRA bombing campaigns in London, Harry Stanley (Scottish)  had a table leg in a bag. (It had been repaired)

In fear of terrorism his broad drunken Scottish accent was mistaken for a broad Irish accent and reported an armed Irishman with a sawn off shotgun

(anyone in recent times ever been wary of someone who looks a bit eastern with a backpack or hijab?)

Armed police responded and challenged him.

He found it ridiculous as he only had a table leg, the police were behind him and he turned lifting the leg it as if he was pointing it at the police and they shot.

This has gone to court many times, with different outcomes.

After many years the angles at which the rounds were embedded in his body reflected the reports from the Officers matching their description of him turning as if he was going to shoot.

As with being a Brazilian plumber on the tube, it all comes down to the information given in a report to the police and how people act in a situation 

The VCRA is also linked to a case where armed police hesitated to shoot a child who jokingly pulled his BB gun from his trousers and pointed at the police.

The officer already had his gun drawn and the correct action based on information at the time would have been to shoot, he hesitated and could have been shot him self.  The wrong decision was right with hindsight and avoided an unnecessary death

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.