Forum Very Slow to Respond After Page Change

RobHedley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it just me that is getting a delay everytime I change to another page. It looks like there is a delay in loading 'Stripe.com' payment gateway. I have also seen it wait for google click ads as well but that is less so but may be linked to the stripe load. When changing from one page to another it can take between 20 to 40 seconds for the page to become responsive. The image below shows the message in the bottom left corner whilst the page is blocked.

image.thumb.png.66073b9b42d1887bf7a72a22191f36a4.png

• Head Moderator

No issues here, page change/refresh as quick as any other website I use with no delays.

• Root Admin

Please check your adblockers and anti-tracker plugins. Some of these are complete wank and will delay loading times. That said, Stripe shouldn't really be being contacted outside of the commerce/'buy a patch' areas, so I'll take a brief look at that.

Other than that I can only recommend that you try on another device and/or another network (use data if you're using your home internet or vice versa) just to see if this is the issue.

Finally, could you let me know which pages this is happening on? All of them I presume? Thanks.

Cheers for the responses guys.

@proffrink I have just tried the forum on Edge and it doesn't do it. Obviously something with Chrome. Regarding the Stripe load, it was happening on every page I visited.

I will go through and check what ad blockers I have on this machine (Work laptop and possibly the worst thing I have ever developed on!!)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.