Brand Spankin' New

TomB98
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello lovely people! 
I am brand new to airsoft. So new Infact that I have not got a gun and have never played, I simply want to. I have spot my whole life (air pistols, air rifles, shotguns, and 22 rimfire rifles) and now I would like to try my hand at an area of shooting which is alittle more tactical. I have no problem investing a few hundred quid into my beginner set up to ensure I enjoy this hobby.

any tips or advice or recommendations for a newbie? How do I even get started in this? I am based just outside of Luton (Bedfordshire), any good places around here? 
appreciate your help! 
cheers

Tom

Also to add, (feel like I’m not going to get the answer I want haha) does my first gun have to be 2 tone?

• Supporters

Have a dig around the forum. Check out the pinned posts. 

As for sites, I don't think that many are operating at the moment (at least in my area), but you could just Google 'Airsoft sites near Luton' or use https://airsoftranch.com/uk-airsoft-map/ to see what your area has to offer. 

Welcome

There's plenty of info to read through (and videos on YT) while we wait for all this covid crap to blow over (could be a while 😔)

To answer your question: 'Yes' if you get a weapon before being UKARA registered then it will likely have to be two tone Imitation Firearm (IF).

We always advise new players to rent for the first 3 games so you can be UKARA registered.

There are two main reasons to rent first:

1) So you can buy a Realistic Imitation Firearm (RIF) in black

2) Important but less well understood is so you can get a 'feel' for the game which will help you decide what kind of RIF you want to get base on your play style. ie. Long rifle or short, AK or AR type etc...

3) It'll save you money if you decide not to continue with it.

4) You'll likely lose money when you want to sell your two tone gun as they aren't in much demand.

@TomB98 👋

Welcome to the Forum, might be a while before Airsoft resumes! 🤞

@Gepard is right! 😎👍

@EDcase is right! 😎👍

Good luck sorting your gear and add it to the forum! 😜👍

💷GAMBLE💷

42 minutes ago, TomB98 said:

Also to add, (feel like I’m not going to get the answer I want haha) does my first gun have to be 2 tone?

Hi Tom,

Firstly I'd suggest that when this all over (whenever it may be!) that The Outpost nr Dunstable is worth checking out.

With regards to 2 tone guns - the short answer to your question is "no". However, many shops/people won't sell you a non-two tone airsoft gun without first assuring themselves that you're buying it to skirmish with, owing to legal considerations bla bla. You may want to give this a read to spec up a bit: https://www.ukapu.org.uk/about/frequently-asked-questions/ 

Assuming you don't want a two-tone gun for whatever reason (I've nothing against them but I think most of us prefer our imitation firearms to be "realistic") the simplest thing is just to wait, incorporate the costs of renting into your budget and go from there. If not, I'd suggest you get a gun which doesn't have any amazing externals that would be "ruined" by blue/green/whatever paint and simply painting it - assuming of course that you are doing so to skirmish with! I was in a similar position and as I'm a paranoid neurotic I booked a skirmish before i started doing away with my two-tone gun (long story!) 

The elephant in the room of course is that we've really no idea when we can skirmish again, we can always hope but at this point in time I've yet to see anything that reassures me that we'll be back at it this year (sorry!) So with that in mind I'd be looking at a gas blow back pistol which isn't so expensive that i wouldn't mind it being two-toned. then you can plink (assuming you've got the space etc)

thanks 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Archived