Marsuhin M1 Garand: Info?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

https://www.bangbang.com.hk/products/marushin-m1-garand-superior-walnut-stock-6mm-gas-version

Watched an old review video.

-Quite low powered

-Not great accuracy

-Clips ping out like real ones but easy to lose.

-Clips may be even harder to find

Funny, I just got a bargain A&K Garand for £180 as an ex-demo and it shoots amazingly well.

10 hours ago, EDcase said:

https://www.bangbang.com.hk/products/marushin-m1-garand-superior-walnut-stock-6mm-gas-version

Watched an old review video.

-Quite low powered

-Not great accuracy

-Clips ping out like real ones but easy to lose.

-Clips may be even harder to find

Funny, I just got a bargain A&K Garand for £180 as an ex-demo and it shoots amazingly well.

I've seen some of the same reviews. Im only looking to get it for collection purposes really. But £630, plus shipping and customs, not sure im ready to pay at least £700.

Yeah, it does look good and being gas is cool but its a lot of money for a wall hanger.

...and realised it shoots 8mm BB's with 8 per clip so you'd really out gunned.

15 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, it does look good and being gas is cool but its a lot of money for a wall hanger.

...and realised it shoots 8mm BB's with 8 per clip so you'd really out gunned.

Very very true. Waiting patiently for the day for it to re-released or for someone else to give it a try. I want my *ping*

They come up from time to time for around 150 quid if you are quick.

I know of someone who bought one at the nae when they were new, from the zero one stand, I was told it didn't last 2 clips before breaking.

59 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

They come up from time to time for around 150 quid if you are quick.

I know of someone who bought one at the nae when they were new, from the zero one stand, I was told it didn't last 2 clips before breaking.

That's odd, I've seen them selling on some websites for upwards of £700. Why might that be?

30 minutes ago, BigStew said:

what the market will bare. some times rare means no one wanted them in the 1st place.

truuueee

I'd agree, yes they were second hand. I turned one down for 100 quid relatively recently. And I have absolutely no brain when it comes to spoofing money on airsoft or motorbikes.

They're a curiosity, more of a re enactors display piece.

It's also knowing where to look. 

They fetch nothing in Japan btw. There's a boxed one on one of the auction sites right now for around £50 (its 7,500 yen) as a buy it now.

That's a huge amount of depreciation but that's partly because they're a bit crap and partly because they're no longer the only option for a garand since g&g and ics make much more viable options.

• 2 weeks later...

Having owned one for 12 years and skirmished with it. I absolutely love it to death and would NEVER part with it. Sure its not the most practical having only 8 rounds per clip. But for the absolutely joy of the working action and ping as the clip ejects as you run dry makes it all worth it.

I've modified mine with an extended gas tank routed into the stock, so I get around 80shots per charge and a tighter bore rifled barrel too.

The problem is parts (clips) and spare parts availability. Marushin just don't respond via email so you'll need to tap up some HK based retailers to help you out.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.