We G19 Recommend Upgrades

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am loving my WE G19 with the Maple Leaf hop unit and crazy jet barrel.

The trigger safety has got a bit floppy so I was looking at replacing that with a Guarder unit...is there anything else I should look at replacing while I have it in pieces?!

Looking for consistency and efficiency...not bothered about cosmetics.

TIA!

Do you mean the front bar that locks the trigger?

If you disassemble the front rail (which you’ll need to do to replace the safety spring anyway), you can just bend it back.

To improve accuracy, try the non-drop g17 barrel mod, and /or inner barrel stabilisation (plenty of info on YouTube) 

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Do you mean the front bar that locks the trigger?

If you disassemble the front rail (which you’ll need to do to replace the safety spring anyway), you can just bend it back.

To improve accuracy, try the non-drop g17 barrel mod, and /or inner barrel stabilisation (plenty of info on YouTube) 

Hi, no the little lever that sits in the trigger blade, the spring tension is pretty poor in it.

I'll take a look at those other mods, thanks!

Just now, SSPKali said:

Hi, no the little lever that sits in the trigger blade, the spring tension is pretty poor in it.

I'll take a look at those other mods, thanks!

that’s because it’s a cheapo little bit of plastic, unless you have the WET edition, got a picture?

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

that’s because it’s a cheapo little bit of plastic, unless you have the WET edition, got a picture?

Just the regular one, which is why the Guarder trigger would be a good upgrade

Just now, SSPKali said:

Just the regular one, which is why the Guarder trigger would be a good upgrade

personally, I’d go for an SAI trigger, but the rigged Guarder is fine. I’ve probably got a few spare standard triggers floating about

9ball mag routes are good . There's also the lees precision route shims always fitted them both in all my gbbp mags. The lpe shims are not fitted for the glock but you can snip one end off and place 2 or 3 opposing and will do the same job. The shim improves the seal between the route and bbu piston. The route improves the flow of the gas. Will boost 10-15fps and fps consistency  without any negative effect.

Temp improvement with slivers of 3M sticky pad adding some spring to the naf bit of plastic. Now resetting the trigger safety.

I have also eliminated much of the inner / outer barrel wobble and hop unit to frame wobble.

Happily knocking toilet roll centres over at 12m with little fuss. Roll is about the size of the front sight at that range.

Thanks for the pointers!

20200419_153758.jpg

20200419_154842.jpg

Personally I really like the WET trigger. You should be able to get one easily from KY Airsoft.

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted the Laylax / 9ball purple gas routers to my mags today (great service by Fire Support as usual)

G19 is shooting well but fails to lock the slide back at all. I am guessing this is due to the new rubbers and extra friction and should settle down?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.