Playing Pistol Only

Darbanator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Darbanator said:

Is there anybody who enjoys playing pistol only except people with hi capas that cost the same price as a tm recoil shock like what are the main pros and main cons

I have played quite a few times with just a 6 shot single action revolver, aside from my gas m870 all my guns are pre 1880 single action or flintlock designs.  (Though I'm always carrying  a grenade, too)

Practice, if you have a garden.

Pick your battles, aim your shots. 

The practice is important as they are much harder to shoot accurately than a rifle, especially snap shooting. 

But you'll have an advantage in cqb with an instant trigger response, and a more manageable weapon.

I ended up playing brit tacs event at camp sparta with just a Kwa m93r with a folding stock. Lots of fun.

Also used a TM desert eagle with a few bits like a guarder tbb. I ended up leaving my scorpion evo in the safe zone and just using that for an afternoon.

And fun is more important than good, imo.

I've also used a tm mk23 at the gaol on it's own and they are outstanding they genuinely outshoot most aegs, but lack the "fun" of either a gbb or a revolver.

In summary

Pros

Instant trigger response

More realistic

More engaging

Easy to manipulate in cqb

It will make you play more tactically

Against

Lower ammo count

Mags start to get expensive 

Some GBB pistols are pretty crap to begin with. Eg raven glocks, we 1911s and their derivatives.

Harder to shoot accurately

Yep cqb always. No disadvantage there or semiauto site's full stop. Sometimes woodland and fibua with my mk23 pocket sniper and normal gbbp for in med. Sometimes miss the advantage of suppression or ripping through foliage but it's nicer to be more mobile. 

I do it occasionally, dual wield G18 and P226. You have to play tactically and be sneaky  😁

It is fun but you have to adapt your game play. Generally shoot less // move more and go on the offensive. Play to the objective too, if the objective is to move the ammo crates then do that. No extra points for kills or filling the place with used BBs.

I have a WE G19 with 3 mags which is ok for short games and a AA 1911 with 4x 30rd extended mags. I tend to run my mini tracer unit on it as you have less bullet proof heroes then 🤣 Having a grenade or two helps as well if you are out gunned.

Have never tried and never would. Even in a CQB I feel I'd be disadvantaged in a 1v1 against a guy with a basic AEG and a midcap.

HOWEVER

I do enjoy playing Shotgun/Pistol nights at CQB sites so will always make the effort for those and thoroughly enjoy when I feel the playing field is level.

At my very very tiny local CQB site in Colchester I run pistol only, It was an absolute advantage against the other AEG players honestly, I could use angles that other players struggled to use even with a pdw. But the longest engagement distance at that site is 5m at best. So if your CQB site is a larger with longer engagement distances I could see an AEG being way more dominant.

Last time i was at Grange live gaming in Birmingham city centre I ran a P229 on its own for probably half the day and I really enjoyed it. 

I'm currently working on making it into a decent CQB package - suppressor with a 220mm crazy jet, and a maple leaf green rubber.

I may try one of those maple leaf H shaped hop keys too.. anyone tried them?

Will also run a small low profile laser on the rail, didn't realise before but grange allow them (only red though - no green or blue).

Would like a few more mags too - I'm thinking 5-6 in total would be nice.

It's currently doing 310-320 on Guarder power up with a new piston head (forgot the brand) - this may go up when the longer barrel goes in though. 

Was only getting 270-280 on green gas.

Next time I go I'll probably bring the MP5K as backup but i'll try rock the 229 for most of the day.

Because of a string of electrical failures with AEG's during chrono on the first morning of the weekend, ended up doing the entire of an AI500 (Anzio 2014) weekend with only a TM P226 and 4 mags. Ended up having most fun i'd ever had.

In the past I went to site that during lunchtime, there were pistol only games, which were great fun! Would recommend it as at least you get to use your side arm and spare mags.

• Supporters

Back when I still lived in the UK I didn't actually ever use a primary. I only played at The Mall (RIP) for the first three years or so, and I ran dual pistols - usually a G17 and XDM. It encouraged a lot more active yet sneaky playstyle - no camping corridors, no suppressible fire. But if done right it can be extremely fun and rewarding. It wasnt until I started playing outdoor that I got myself a STAR L86 and a TM MP7 for longer range engagements.

Its a cringy video - both with the music and flashes - but I was new to video editing and still a teen back when I made it, but heres a short video of how those kind of engagements can work out.

Yeah I spent plenty of games at the Mall with just a pistol. Was fun as hell,  not always out gunned as long as you played sensibly and sneaky. 
It was nice getting acknowledged from a player or a group if you managed to sneak in and take them out. 

but woodland I don’t think I could do it. I prefer an Aeg for the range and rof 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.