Aeg Only Firing on Full Auto

Alanmac101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks hope someone here may be able to help. 

I've stripped my WE tactical M4 to fit some new red alloy parts, mag release. Trigger and selector switch. 

This meant opening gearbox to fit trigger and having four pairs of hands it all got carefully rebuilt back together. 

The issue I have is the gun goes into safe mode and full auto, but when in semi auto it will fire once and trigger won't bounce back and you have to move trigger forward to be able to fire in semi again. 

Cheers for any help you can give. 

I would check the trigger spring first, if it was particularly fiddly and kept wanting to pop out you may have put the shell back together with the long portion of the spring which pushes against the gear box shell actually resting outside the shell (see pic... the position with the X next to it). Naturally it wants to pop out and rest in an un-tensioned position outside the shell.

The long part of the spring needs to be pushed over the wall and pressed into the shell behind the plastic safety arm (see pic.. the position with the tick next to it).

Sometimes you can actually use the safety arm to help keep the spring in place by keeping it in the auto position covering the springs long portion.

945288267_triggerspring.jpg.90719fa5736893ee0b1a901ea85e61ad.jpg

Auto works because in this mode it makes use of 2 springs to reset the trigger: the trigger spring and the switch block spring - however in semi the switch block is flicked out of the channel by the cut off lever and then waits for the reset of the trigger spring to return to its starting position.

Sometimes you can check to see if this is the issue with the gun fully assembled, peak through the hole in the receiver that the trigger protrudes from, some times you can see the gearbox and that piece of the spring sticking out where it shouldn't be. 

- Other things to check

- Make sure the entire switch block assembly is sitting flush inside the gear box shell, especially along the top under the switch block and along the left side of the assembly.

- Check that the switch block spring is installed correctly - hooked on both the metal dowel and the switch block and that it is sitting straight (not at an angle) so that it allows the tappet plate to move freely back and forth above it.

- Ensure the cut off lever is installed correctly - your tendency may be to tighten this down but it must be allowed to move freely - tighten the screw down and then back it off by quarter of a turn (possibly less), it must be able to move free of any friction however not to the point that it is rattling around.

Hope this helps dude, a fiddly trigger spring which wants to pop out is one of the most annoying things about a v2, patience and an extra pair of hands can help, as it seems you were able to find the first time.

Worst case scenario is when the trigger and anti reversal latch springs are as stubborn as each other 😡

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

Worst case scenario is when the trigger and anti reversal latch springs are as stubborn as each other 😡

magnets are the kryptonite of anti reversal latches.....

Cheers for the help and advice, I'll give it another go tomorrow and recheck everything. But fir now my fingers are do e in after hours of fiddling around with getti g gearbox back together all in one piece :)

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

magnets are the kryptonite of anti reversal latches.....

Huh, never thought of that... and i always have one sitting in my tool tray too.

I did spot these a few months ago: https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/airtech-airsoft-gearbox-installation-tool-for-aegs-mechbox-version-2-9-gik-30419-p.asp

Probably work but they seem a little over priced for what they are - i could probably make something similar with a paper clip :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Alanmac101 said:

Cheers for the help and advice, I'll give it another go tomorrow and recheck everything. But fir now my fingers are do e in after hours of fiddling around with getti g gearbox back together all in one piece :)

No worries dude, let us know how it goes.

Hardest part was getting the spring back in without it popping back out while holding piston in place. 

Funnily enough I didn't actually have a problem with the anti reversal latch or trigger :)

11 minutes ago, Alanmac101 said:

Hardest part was getting the spring back in without it popping back out while holding piston in place. 

Funnily enough I didn't actually have a problem with the anti reversal latch or trigger :)

Tip for getting the spring back in is use a narrow screw driver; put it through the threaded hole at the back of the spring guide and apply leveraged pressure from the handle of the screw driver, pointing the spring guide downwards into the gearbox (I actually find my favorite centre-punch is the best thing for the job)

Cheers going to give it another go either tomotrrow or Monday with the advice you've given, will let you know how I get on once I've done it..... Again :)

Archived