A Potential Sks Project Gun.

HuttArmouries
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

Having looked into it a little more it seems the factory is now shut down so they arent made anymore. 

back to square 1 then.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Surprised the sks hasn't really seen much manufacture in airsoft, there are much rarer guns we have clones of.

Yeah good point, I'm fairly sure one would sell quite well...  certainly no less than M14 and SVD variants. I could imagine RS maybe taking a punt at one, especially considering real SKS were produced by Norinco and possibly other factories before and during the cold war and maybe even still. RS seem to take on projects revolving around actual Chinese produced firearms. In fact don't they use real components in some of their builds?

Personally, I've always liked the idea of an SVT40, part of the SKS' lineage... though that would certainly be more of a niche product and have far fewer buyers.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

Since I work in a woodwork shop im tempted to buy a broken ak and an m14 gearbox and see what I can do. I might not be able to get the dimensions exact but it could still be fun. 

think i have an ak barrel lying around here somewhere might do the trick?

Viva Arms are meant to be doing a GBBR SKS this year.  Delayed due to COVID.  My credit card will take a pounding for it

Archived