Asg Ruger Mk1 - a Good Idea?

Old Guy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a lot of time on my hands recently (haven't we all?) and this little NBB has caught my attention. It's reasonably priced (cheapish) and runs several mags on a fill of Green Gas. It also has an externally adjustable hop-up and can shoot .25s and up, though that may be at American power settings. The only problem seems to be that spare mags are rarer than hen's teeth.

Has anyone here had one of these or can tell me more about them than Youtube can?

Thanks in advance. 

There is a very informative fb group if you do fb. It has a few flaws hence why the mk23 tends to be more popular. Hop isn't fantastic, can run hot, double action only, mags can spit all the bbs out if you're not careful can't think what if anything. 

47 minutes ago, heroshark said:

There is a very informative fb group if you do fb. It has a few flaws hence why the mk23 tends to be more popular. Hop isn't fantastic, can run hot, double action only, mags can spit all the bbs out if you're not careful can't think what if anything. 

Do you have a link to the FB group?

One of the things I like about the Ruger is that it is light at 600 grams compared to the mk23 which weighing in at a substantial 1kg . I would doubt that I would want to hold a bag of sugar out in front of me so the lighter Ruger looks an attractive option. Is the mk23's trigger much lighter? It too is a double action pistol. 

The weight isn't bad. Depending on how you set it up. Pistol alone is relatively light. Mine is under that with an lpe suppressor and m3 light attached. I personally don't find it that heavy but it is a big pistol to stow. Especially with a suppressor on but there's various size options. The mk is da but a can be pre-cocked with the hammer or even just set the hammer using the trigger. This said people have got good results out the Ruger but it needs more work. Theres less stuff available for it, a lot of home brew which isn't for everyone. And finally you won't get as good performance out of it no matter what you do. 

There's a few options for that, best options are more pricey like the laylax or NOV slide but it's doable.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.