Which Pistol?

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, Noddy45 said:

I find this all so interesting - I had mentioned TM Pistols because I have read they are reliable and maintenance straight forward however reading the comments above about WE Pistols(€70 less than tm) which as mentioned by @Nick G  can be upgraded/tinkering I find interesting as I would like this aspect of the hobby. 

WE Glocks are decent. I have a G19 and it was worth the £100.

WE 1911's are utter shite imho.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

WE 1911's are utter shite imho.

As are their Hi-Capa's, which I learnt the hard way, so as a brand they've lost my business 😡

Another vote for the TM FNX-45. The HK-45 is good, but it seems like there are some issues with the slide lock not working properly, and it looks like the design of it isn't the best.

The FNX-45 comes with a threaded barrel if you fancy getting a tracer unit, a red dot mount built into the slide, ambidextrous controls, decocker, has the TM 15mm BBU, and it uses 29rnd magazines. The performance of it is great, it's comfortable to hold, and it works with the Warrior Assault universal holster.

Plus they're pretty.

3 hours ago, Heath said:

The HK-45 is good, but it seems like there are some issues with the slide lock not working properly, and it looks like the design of it isn't the best.

That's something I've never come across, or any of the other users I know. All the new model tm gbbps basically run the same slide stop design including the hk45.  Also to add the fnx has all the charm of a common house brick. Not to say the hk45 is any better as AP so well put it it looks like spider man spaffed up all over it. Both very much on par to each other in function with the hk45 tactical. This said I prefer the grip and look over the fnx but as with most things it's horses for courses. 

14 hours ago, heroshark said:

All the new model tm gbbps basically run the same slide stop design including the hk45. 

The FNX-45 uses a different setup to the HK-45 for some reason. Considering the FNX is newer, I'm not sure why they've moved away from the design seen on the HK.

On the HK it uses a lever to push up a removable metal plate which then contacts a metal frame separate to the slide.

On the FNX the slide release lever directly contacts a metal frame. This does mean that if it wears then you have to replace the slide catch instead of just unscrewing a metal plate, but the plate on the HK seems to be pretty soft and was wearing quickly on the gun I looked at.

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Look better in black than tan though

True

Ah right. My bad assumed it was the same as the system as they've use it a while. Never seen any functional issues with it tbh. I used to be well into my capas but after a few of my fellow players ran the hk45 flawlessly since it's release I bit the bullet a couple of years ago now. 

On 20/04/2020 at 11:19, Noddy45 said:

Hi all,

May I please ask your opinion on which would you buy out of these two -

TM HK 45 @ €189.99 or TM G19(3rd gen) @ €169.99

Products and prices sourced from a company within Southern Ireland.  It would also be helpful to me if ye know about a new release worth waiting for as this would be my first purchase and am in no real hurry ATM.

Appreciate your time.

Bit of a strange choice.

They are both very good but so different in appearance. One is a hand canon and the other a compact.

Of the two I would probably go for the HK45. I do like Glocks though but prefer the bigger ones.

A more appropriate alternative to the HK45 might be the USP full size -  or maybe  the FNX45.

5 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Bit of a strange choice.

They are both very good but so different in appearance. One is a hand canon and the other a compact.

Of the two I would probably go for the HK45. I do like Glocks though but prefer the bigger ones.

A more appropriate alternative to the HK45 might be the USP full size -  or maybe  the FNX45.

I must admit I have limited knowledge and am only basing my queries on information from this site and YouTube videos 😳

I have looked at the FNX 45 as another member had mentioned he felt it was the best out of the box pistol available and it well maybe - I wouldn’t know anyhow.  It does look awesome however and would like to get it(does it only come in tan colour)but I always liked the look of a glock - I cant say why though🧐

Since I am based in Ireland I was limiting myself to what available here but I have looked further a field and found what I am after a Umarex Glock 17 Gen 5 Gas from a company in Holland for €159 - I feel this is a ok price and I think the gun should be ok but couldn’t find any reviews on here but loads on YouTube - BTW can you tell me can you import green gas canisters.

I am looking for the best bang for my buck(excuse the pun)

I would appreciate an opinion on the Umarex glock 5 if anyone has experience with same - bit of a rant.

you should be able to get green gas from an Irish shop there are a couple. the Umarex glock is a VFC rebrand. i have held one in shop at it was lovely but VFC don't have the greatest reputation for internals and the price was too much for an unknown quantity.  However nice it was i couldn't bring myself to spend £160 on a pistol. the reviews all say it's alright nothing spectacular performance wise. I will say it again in the British isles nothing stock will perform as well as stock TM but if you want a beautiful gun with alright performance and are willing to pay the asking price it's up to you. 

21 minutes ago, BigStew said:

you should be able to get green gas from an Irish shop there are a couple. the Umarex glock is a VFC rebrand. i have held one in shop at it was lovely but VFC don't have the greatest reputation for internals and the price was too much for an unknown quantity.  However nice it was i couldn't bring myself to spend £160 on a pistol. the reviews all say it's alright nothing spectacular performance wise. I will say it again in the British isles nothing stock will perform as well as stock TM but if you want a beautiful gun with alright performance and are willing to pay the asking price it's up to you. 

That’s great appreciate your reply @BigStew just the info/confirmation I was after TM for me so.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.