Which Pistol?

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Firstly, my budget is £200. I’m looking for a green gas pistol, holster and at least 2 mags. 

At the moment I’ve got a WE G18c but I’m bored of the Glock. I’m being drawn to the SSP1 but I’ve heard good things about Hi-Capas etc.

Any advice on which is best? I can stick with g style but would like to venture out and see what else there is - I.e. I love the P226 but I’m looking for performance and reliability that I don’t have to upgrade or send it to be upgraded. 

Thanks in advance,

Ron 

Forgive me for not doing any in depth research but aren’t most Tm’s polymer? I feel like for this amount I’m going to spend,  I’d need metal - that’s just me. 

3 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Forgive me for not doing any in depth research but aren’t most Tm’s polymer? I feel like for this amount I’m going to spend,  I’d need metal - that’s just me. 

metal is weigh( and not good quality metal). weight is more inefficiency especially in a cold country like the UK. TM have much better quality control and pretty much any other manufacture is just a TM copy 

If you want metal you're better getting a nice aluminum slide on a tm. Stock metal gnu more often than not doesn't equal quality or performance. 

41 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Sure, get something metal, bound be something out there. It won’t be the best, it won’t be the most fun, but it will be metal, and if that’s what you won’t, go for it.

Split slide Armorer Works Hi-Capa works pretty well

Milbro do some very decent 1911s, if you would consider co2? They are essentially KWC but they chrono just under 1 joule.

They've got a fantastic reputation, they have a nice feel and they shoot very well. 

TM P226E2 is the best pistol I own.

TM M9A1 is a very, very close second.

Any of the later TM GBB pistols will see you right.

37 minutes ago, LoneTactix said:

?

Calm your jets, it’s not all about you buddy.

Look above you, everybody is recommending different pistols, everybody has an opinion lol

Wow, talk about jet cooling when you've brought a spoon (to stir) to a pistol discussion. 

Having owned about 6 pistols of varying qualities and prices and sample a good few more I think your misplaced in your comment about opinions. 

No beef needed here thanks.

2 minutes ago, LoneTactix said:

Wow, talk about jet cooling when you've brought a spoon (to stir) to a pistol discussion. 

Having owned about 6 pistols of varying qualities and prices and sample a good few more I think your misplaced in your comment about opinions. 

No beef needed here thanks.

Now what’s got under your skin, what’s with the my dad’s bigger than your dad?

Just because my comment was directly under yours doesn’t make it about you, I don’t even know who you are.

I’ve owned the majority of pistols on the market, well over 100 different guns. So what? I have an opinion, you have an opinion, well a have one. We all have arseholes, that was the point. It’s called COMEDY.

What’s  misplaced? EVERYBODY has an opinion, doesn’t make any of them wrong, or right, they’re opinions, that’s the point.

IF you hang around, you’ll find this easily the best airsoft forum out there, lots of incredibly helpful people, lots of laughs, take a chill pill mate 😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Now what’s got under your skin, what’s with the my dad’s bigger than your dad?

Just because my comment was directly under yours doesn’t make it about you, I don’t even know who you are.

I’ve owned the majority of pistols on the market, well over 100 different guns. So what? I have an opinion, you have an opinion, well a have one. We all have arseholes, that was the point. It’s called COMEDY.

What’s  misplaced? EVERYBODY has an opinion, doesn’t make any of them wrong, or right, they’re opinions, that’s the point.

IF you hang around, you’ll find this easily the best airsoft forum out there, lots of incredibly helpful people, lots of laughs, take a chill pill mate 😂😂😂

I merely put a question mark on a slightly hostile comment and you then opened up by saying cool my jets... I read these forums a lot and choose to comment very little so please just accept as a regular maybe you could assess how you approach commenting to avoid seeming like a know it all to me OR others. You'll find no beef here so none needed in return. This always occurs online so let's not let it descend in to an argument beyond this point. Thank you

5 minutes ago, LoneTactix said:

I merely put a question mark on a slightly hostile comment and you then opened up by saying cool my jets... I read these forums a lot and choose to comment very little so please just accept as a regular maybe you could assess how you approach commenting to avoid seeming like a know it all to me OR others. You'll find no beef here so none needed in return. This always occurs online so let's not let it descend in to an argument beyond this point. Thank you

No, you reacted with a ‘careful now’ as well, be honest.

There was nothing hostile in my intent, if you have interpreted it that way, I can only imagine it says something about your internal narrative, not about me.

13 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Hi all, 

Firstly, my budget is £200. I’m looking for a green gas pistol, holster and at least 2 mags. 

At the moment I’ve got a WE G18c but I’m bored of the Glock. I’m being drawn to the SSP1 but I’ve heard good things about Hi-Capas etc.

Any advice on which is best? I can stick with g style but would like to venture out and see what else there is - I.e. I love the P226 but I’m looking for performance and reliability that I don’t have to upgrade or send it to be upgraded. 

Thanks in advance,

Ron 

You've said you want "the best". 

However that means different things to different people, so you'll get all sorts of different replies.

What are you going to use it for?

What's important to you about a pistol and why?

Imho:

Best sidearm for woodland kills:

TM MK23

Best all round sidearm for cqb/woodland:

TM HK45

Best sidearm for realism:

ASG CZSP01 Shadow

Best sidearm for ROF:

AW split slide hicapa

So as you can see- different answers to the same question, from the same person, depending on the parameters.

I have an arsehole for every occasion 😁

14 hours ago, RonLancs said:

I’m looking for performance and reliability that I don’t have to upgrade or send it to be upgraded.

@sonofsammo is right on, to elaborate;

For OOTB performance & reliability;

ASG Shadow - Japs use this for pistol comps out the box, I have one and easily the best trigger, very accurate, non tiliting barrel.

Full metal and feels amazing to drive IMO.

Downsides are holsters tricky and the finish wears easily - I'm just going to cerakote mine when I feel like it.

£110 ish 👍

TM FNX - best modern gun, e.g. easily as good or better than the famed Hi-Capa, great if you have XXL hands. Downside (for some) is its size, holster availability, plastic slide aesthetically.

£140 ish

TM HK45 - best tactical loadout gun, great shooting, reliable, easy holsters, relatively light, suppressor easy (made to take it). Only downside is plastic slide aesthetically.

£140 ish if in stock!!

TM MK23 - Basically a pistol sniper, great gas efficiency, extreme accuracy, silent.

Downsides are size, most shockingly mush trigger if you're coming from blowbacks.

Best for fieldwork really.

You should be able to squeeze 1-2 mags and a cheaper or used hi quality holster in with those.

Why no Hi-Capa? Great gun but it's quite old school internally and needs some upgrading to get the best out of it, parts compatibility can be a mare - i.e. If you don't know what your dong you could easily de-tune it lol!

Dont get me wrong - great gun.

@rocketdogbert stop causing trouble 😝

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.