New Guy With Poor Timing

Bullvine

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all 

been thinking of getting into skirmishing for a while after leaving the army, main appeal for me was staying on top my fitness and spending a bit of time running round the woods like a fool.

i have inherited an older Tokyo Marui M4 and HK USP compact that i have been drilling dry fire with and annoying the mrs when magazines are clattering on the floor, initial plan was to join Invicta in Tonbridge for a few sessions to see how i felt but obviously we are now stuck with solo room clearing at home and potential divorce papers.

long term plans once things get back to "normal" if such a thing is even on the horizon are to get myself an AK platform with full functions and the same in a Glock 19, i am sure to be here with plenty of stupid questions from now on so be gentle with me.

on a side note i am mid way through building myself a weights and conditioning setup in the back garden so if anyone has a 5.11 Tactec plate carrier for sale at a decent price with some training plates give me a shout.

35 minutes ago, Bullvine said:

Hello all 

been thinking of getting into skirmishing for a while after leaving the army, main appeal for me was staying on top my fitness and spending a bit of time running round the woods like a fool.

i have inherited an older Tokyo Marui M4 and HK USP compact that i have been drilling dry fire with and annoying the mrs when magazines are clattering on the floor, initial plan was to join Invicta in Tonbridge for a few sessions to see how i felt but obviously we are now stuck with solo room clearing at home and potential divorce papers.

long term plans once things get back to "normal" if such a thing is even on the horizon are to get myself an AK platform with full functions and the same in a Glock 19, i am sure to be here with plenty of stupid questions from now on so be gentle with me.

on a side note i am mid way through building myself a weights and conditioning setup in the back garden so if anyone has a 5.11 Tactec plate carrier for sale at a decent price with some training plates give me a shout.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

TBH I think it's a pretty good time to get into it, as scary as that sounds. Lots of people, me included, spunk money on gear they think is vital for their next game only to find it's crap, or they didn't think things through etc... Sounds like you're taking the time to think about what to get etc. which is a great start.

There's a "Quick questions and answers" thread in General Discussion that I recommend for most stuff, if you don't get an answer there, or if you need to write loads about your question, a new thread is a great idea.

cheers will have a look im not crazy about wasting my money and to be fair i have a pretty solid idea of the weapons i want to get comfortable with,  not overly familiar with quality from specific makers so may have a few questions along those lines.

i have seen a lot of videos recently from people in the firearms and private security sector discussing the carry over from Airsoft/dry fire into the real world so to speak, i am considering a return to that field of work hence the need for a common and fully functioning system.

forgot to add i purchased a full function Umarex Glock 19 think its a version 4 from the shooting show this year, only downside is i had no AS membership so had to get the air pistol version for training.

Tbf the uspc is a fantastic gun but if you insist on changing for a G19 go Tokyo Marui. As far as full function ak look at the latest TM AK .

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bullvine said:

we are now stuck with solo room clearing at home and potential divorce papers.

welcome :)

sorry no major advice but love this bit!!  :lol:

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.