King Arms Single Action Army Saa Peacemaker

Cromulon1994

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make: King Arms

Model: SAA

Mag capacity: 6

FPS: Sub 350, gas dependent

I like my western stuff. I'm giving this a review, as it is standard. 

This arrived today, for all intents and purposes it is new. 

I have owned and skirmished SAA offerings from Tanaka, Umarex, and Marushin, the latter being the design king arms have cloned. 

The easiest western revolver to get ones paws on today, besides the King Arms SAA, is the ASG schofield, which is why this will have a direct comparison. 

Build quality: 4/10

There's more slop in this than there is in the Schofield which has had a few thousand shots through it. I may end up stripping, cleaning, shimming, and polishing the action of this to get it to where it needs to be. The action isn't as smooth as you would expect either.

I'm not sure I like the case hardened type finish, though the wood grips are well executed... in a 90s rover dashboard sort of way.

Shooting: 2/10

Revised to 1/10

Honestly, it's very poor. The effective range of this SAA is 10 meters. There's no hop, and there's a shotgun like spread of inaccuracy. This is likely down to the shells being contaminated with grease from the factory, but I am reviewing this as it comes.

Something that was noticed was a tendancy for some shots to either dive, as if they had top spin, or just plain not fire. It turns out, the cylinder and the barrel sometimes misalign vertically. Wooo.

Still let down by the lack of hop, which is prevalent amongst most revolvers especially any made by wingun, Schofield included.

However, the action and the trigger are no match for its rival. 

Reloading, well that's just like the real one. You're not reloading this quickly. That's not a problem, it's just what it is. Open the gate, slide each shell out individually, and repeat the process to load.

I'm going to leave it there for now. Once some tinkering has occured, and a hop added, I'll be happy to update.

But as it is, I can't really reccomend one as a skirmish gun at all.

*update. It was that bad it got given away.

15870493185511296261535551686161.jpg

15870493672235960296161024658643.jpg

15870494190452918713183677445129.jpg

Edited by Cromulon1994

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.