What Bb Weight Should I Use? Specna Arms Sa-c05

JakeThePanda

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all! 

Just wondering what sort of weights i should be using in my rifle? 

I have a Specna Arms SA-C05 and as a noob i use the common place .20g bbs, should i be using slightly heavier for better performance at all?

My GBB Pistol also gets loaded with the same but ive heard it would benefit best from 0.28g bbs.

Many thanks! 

Edited by Jedi_Master
better title description

0.2s are only good in cqb.

Because they're cheap.

For everything else, if your hop can lift them, 0.28+, never get below 0.25s.

• Supporters

as heavy as you can afford/your hop unit can lift.

generally i find that ~0.3g is a good compromise between price and performance for assault guns, and *most* stock guns can lift them ok.

although if your playstyle doesn't need range (either due to playing cqb or just being an up close and personal playstyle) then you can go lighter to save costs.

I've found with most 350fps (0.2) AEGs, .25/.28 is around the sweet spot for fps/consistency/accuracy.

Pair that with a decent 6.01-6.03 barrel, a green or yellow maple leaf rubber and omega nub and you'll be in the zone 😎

I almost only ever play in semi and the above kind of setup lends itself pretty well to that.

Similar to the above, find 0.28 to work nicely with most guns. Have one AK that feeds and performs nicely with 0.30g, while another aeg (KA Galil) is a no go with that weight. 

1 hour ago, DerDer said:

while another aeg (KA Galil) is a no go with that weight. 

It looks like you need some Maple Leaf in your life ;)

• 1 month later...
On 16/04/2020 at 20:53, Skara said:

It looks like you need some Maple Leaf in your life ;)

Suspect you might be right. After doing some testing,  have a  pair of flat hopped AKs that can lift them.

They are using a modified Prometheus purple bucking.  In contrast the Galil is using a modify baton bucking. 

Part of that is laziness, together with having the modify gathering dust.         

Edit: Yeah switched over the lonex unit in the Galil to a flat hopped Prometheus rubber. Now it's quite happily hopping 0.30g BBs losing very little energy.  Handy to know that it can do both. Will keep feeding the Galil 0.28g BBs, as picked up a box of G&G in that weight from Powair 6 a while back. Really should have tested more BBs before bulk buying. Ah well, find 0.28 a handy choice for support guns.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.