Bo Manufacture - Who Are They?

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anybody know anything about Bo Manufacture?
Cos I'm struggling to find anything of use.
Are they a decent manufacturer? What have they made?
The reason I'm interested is because it looks like they're the OEM for the upcoming Chiapa Rhino, which I'm very interested in.
TIA
😄 

I believe they started with a high end AR platform then an AK using high end parts (not their own). After that they released a tacticool trishot shotty springer which was their own gun although I imagine the guts are the same as any other. Seems to be well received and regarded though. The Chiapa is anyone's guess as it's a completely new platform. Looks good though and I wouldn't think they would put their name to anything terrible. From my experience of revolvers in general you are not going to be blown away by the range, accuracy or consistency compared to a good gbbp/nbbp but they are generally pretty cool an look pretty bad ass on the most part. 

I've had hands on of the new chiappa, but I haven't shot it. The build quality is exceptional. Forget dan Wesson build quality, even the much improved 715. It's in another league.

They'd got 357 ones with the silly uk legal extensions, on the chiappa stand  at the british shooting show, as well as the airgun versions, which are the same as the airsoft versions. They really do look and feel the same.

Hopefully they will come with a useable muzzle velocity. No idea on hop but revolvers are easy to R hop.

I believable bo manufacture were also involved, in the MTO phantom magnetic blow back AEG controversy. 

On 16/04/2020 at 09:43, Cromulon1994 said:

I've had hands on of the new chiappa, but I haven't shot it. The build quality is exceptional. Forget dan Wesson build quality, even the much improved 715. It's in another league.

They'd got 357 ones with the silly uk legal extensions, on the chiappa stand  at the british shooting show, as well as the airgun versions, which are the same as the airsoft versions. They really do look and feel the same.

Hopefully they will come with a useable muzzle velocity. No idea on hop but revolvers are easy to R hop.

Me too - felt awesome to hold and I have high expectations. The thing that confused me was that the guy on the stand said that the airsoft version was made by Chiappa, not licensed... Supposed to be 328 fps, so there's hope!

23 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

These are the guys who make the FABARM shotguns too, right?

Yup

22 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

I believable bo manufacture were also involved, in the MTO phantom magnetic blow back AEG controversy. 

What's that?

Just been having a chat with Bo Firearms on FB.
Looks like the Rhino is going ot be delayed for definite:
"Hello, due to covid19, kick off of Rhino revolver is delayed...we hope to launch the revolver during Summer. For uk market, please check directly whit Chiappa Firearms. Stay safe"

On 16/04/2020 at 11:26, Cr0-Magnon said:

These are the guys who make the FABARM shotguns too, right?

VFC make those don't they?  I was under the impression BO don't actually manufacture anything.  They're just a re-brander/builder.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, heroshark said:

Basically a new magnetic system aeg that never happened.

i remember that, i originally joined this forum trying to do something similar (a project which went nowhere as these things often do)

never really figured out what happened to the BO project, there were all sorts of rumours likeNDA's with the french military.

it's just as possible that it wasn't viable though.

On 16/04/2020 at 09:00, sonofsammo said:

Does anybody know anything about Bo Manufacture?
Cos I'm struggling to find anything of use.
Are they a decent manufacturer? What have they made?
The reason I'm interested is because it looks like they're the OEM for the upcoming Chiapa Rhino, which I'm very interested in.
TIA
😄 

They're nobody and they don't make anything - they're French rebranders who add extortionate markups to other people's guns. The Rhino is a CO2 revolver, which means it is almost certainly actually made by WinGun, just like just about every other CO2 revolver on the market. BO's involvement in this is likely limited to being the licensee of Chiappa, and therefore the licensor of WinGun. That is exactly what's happening with the Fabarm STF/12 - Fabarm have granted a license to BO, and BO have in turn granted a license to VFC. BO don't make a single part of the gun.

The stuff they've actually "made" has been small-scale and largely cosmetic alterations of existing guns. They used to "make" AKs with Lonex-based gearboxes that were just insanely expensive, and I vaguely recall there being ARs too. This hideous thing is literally a KWC 1911 at triple the price - check out those tally marks on the slide! As Sniper780 says they were also behind the infamous vapourware "MTO Phantom" system, about which they made huge promises and delivered precisely jack shit.

Whether or not the Rhino is any good will have absolutely nothing to do with BO and everything to do with the actual OEM. If (as it almost certainly is) it's WinGun, then you can extrapolate from WinGun's existing products which are... variable, to put it politely.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.