Newbie Needs Samurai Edge Help!

Ragnaraz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, i am a complete novice at this.

I decided i might get a decent target at home and have some fun with a Tokyo Marui Samurai Edge Hi-grade (what a mouthful...)

I've done a fair bit of reading and watching, i was torn between the TM or the WE version (full metal temptations!) But everyone is saying WE ends up having a fair amount of issues that takes time to sort and generally the finish isn't as good as the TM.

The WE is considerably cheaper though...

Anyway, I digress. I like to make things mine, so upgrades and refinement is what im looking for. That said, i don't have the field experience to say what i can do to either gun.

Another sway to the WE is the metal slide and such allows for green gas and generally won't break under use. I have also seen people say a few mods and you can use green gas in the TM.

Im looking for a parts list of sort for either or both guns. Maybe a real world opinion on which might be better.

Im familiar with most of the parts, just have no idea what set ups would work. I would like the outside to stay untouched as much as possible, say unless i opt for a longer barrel and hide it with a silencer. (Accuracy in mind)

Also, this isn't something i plan on doing over night, with a rough parts list i can pick off random bits as i go along.

EDIT: im not looking for a hand cannon perse, more a refined set of mods and lightweight components that would make the gun more efficient and little more powerful, reliable and accurate.

Unfortunately the m9 platform isn't that great for performance. That being said, the tm would perform better. Metal is nice n all but we metal is pretty trash and i've had quite a few we guns (multiple glocks, p99, desert eagle) and the metal on them are really poor. Though, maybe you need to experience that to fully understand why we gets a lot of flack.

I can defo vouch for the TM hk45 if you want performance on green gas. I regret letting that pistol go the most.

I want the Samurai edge because im a Resident Evil nerd lol

But im guessing the TM version will be better, I've seen a few bits a pieces for them too.

It's part for the aesthetic and part to wantnto get a target for the end of the garden as a hobby.

Throwing my 2 cents into the mix...

[Preparing flame retardant suit]

For garden plinking I think you'll get more fun/satisfaction from the metal WE one.

Target shooting is not as abusive to the mechanics as skirmishing and you probably won't put that many rounds through it so it'll be nicer just to hold and admire...

The TM is better for high performance in a skirmish scenario with high rates of fire and target acquisition so lighter is better.

It may be more accurate than the WE but shouldn't be a huge difference at ranges around 20m

• 1 month later...

I've tried the TM and WE samurai edge pistols and the marui is definitely better performance wise

Personally I prefer the WE as it feels more solid and weighty being fully metal

For plinking the WE will probably be better as said above

I have 3 samurai edge pistols

Jill valentine TM

WE standard

And my personal favourite

The barry burton full auto from WE!

20200602_162002.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.