P229

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own a KJ SIG P226. It is a nice gun, very nice, but I would like to get my hands on a P229.

Using the much feared "Search" function, i found a previous thread on the matter, but wasnt too sure on the "bumping" rules so started a new thread.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=2231

So, Hubert, any luck finding or using a P229? Says you have one in your "weapons owned!" (Causing the search function to go crazy)

AirsoftSale, if you are still active, you said you sold a TM P229. Apparently, TM never made one, so im guessing it was a KJW pistol? Was it any good?

Has anyone in the last few months used/ purchased this weapon?

I would assume it is similar to the P226, which is for the most part an excellent gun. It is only let down by the mags. This is a problem fixed with the P229 as from what i can see it has one piece mags.

Any info would be super.

Yep, I finally got one :D

KJ/KJW make it.

I enjoy using it, but it isn't perfect. Range-wise, hop-up, it could be better. But, I have been informed by someone on Arnies that it can take Mauri P226 parts (to an extent - the longer P226 barrel won't work) like hop-up, and that there is a noticable improvement.

The mags are slightly leaky, but no-more so than the usual TM or WE mags.

Wolf Armouries have the mags, but I believe they are out of stock of the actuall P229.

Airsoft Armouries also had them in stock, but I recall that when I compared the two shops, A2 was about £20 more expensive.

It is a nice compact pistol, and as a support gunner, I love it. If someone runs up to you and tries to take you out - from a direction that means you can't bring the LSW to fire on them, you can quickly grab the little P229 and swing it round to take them out.

I wish more manufacturers would make them. (I'm not counting Tanaka's version, because it is a £220 brick...)

Thanks for the info Hubert, it is a shame that manufactures flood the market the same design of weapon over and over again rather than branching out a little bit!

As for the TM parts, ill keep that in mind. As i said, i do have a P226 and have upgraded a few of the internals (as well as taking the mags apart about a dozen times to try and stop them leaking).

I haven't really had any problems with KJ, nothing has exploded or snapped - the break down lever part (to allow the slide to come off) has occasionally over rotated when i have the gun apart, meaning the slide gets stuck, but thats it.

Thanks again

I'll have to check to see what parts definitly swap over, as I remember the guy who did the review on Arnies said that some part do not fit.

IIRC, the slide lock/release and the de-cocker mechanism do swap over (I remember his de-cocker was broken so he had to)

And yeah, TM's latest offering is of re-done versions of previous handguns.

Admittedly the P226 - E2 (E2 - 2nd edition) is supposed to be far better than the orrigional TM SIG P226, which I suppose is good. Its just a shame that their promised P229 never got released...

Archived