Jump to content
Albiscuit

Panel Fronted Chest Rig

Recommended Posts

I have been thinking about my loadouts and tend to run a standard belt loadout as I am not keen on chest rigs and want a low profile when I play.

 

But I want to start using my MP7 more and the GBB mags on a belt are a drag, literally. They are too heavy. I also use a vector a fair bit and have the same issue.

 

I have seen chest rigs with clip on panels on the front so you can have multiple mag set ups and just click the new one on when needed.

My question to you good people is what are these rigs specifically called? and is there anyone in the cheaper end of brands who makes one?

I am not too into gear to know of brands or designs to know specifically what I am after  and have found one or two what I presume to be gucci type brands who have them and could not justify the prices they charge and ideally am after a cheaper one as I dont abuse my gear or play enough to warrant spending what I feel to be big money.

 

 

It might not exist, but I though I would ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those clip on panels are known as "placards". For the most part they are designed to be clipped onto the front of plate carriers, though with some straps they can become a chest rig - it really depends I suppose. In any case, these sort of things tend to be on the guccier side of the spectrum. I don't know too much about this though.

 

You could have a look at a viper buckle up chest rig (not gonna link as they are all over the place) with some smg inserts like this: https://www.military1st.co.uk/vmslvxqsmgblk-viper-vx-quad-smg-mag-sleeve-black.html

 

If you wanted to spend more money you could then get a helikon training mini rig, and you could also upgrade the insert to something like this http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/clothing-combat-gear-c4/pouches-c96/spiritus-systems-sub-gun-4-mag-insert-mp5-glock-p8869

 

Of course you can also get inserts for m4 mags so if you wanted to swap between the two its a matter of replacing the insert. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spiritus chassis with different Velcro inserts.

Much lighter than having extra layers of nylon, buckles and straps.

Plus you can strap it to a plate carrier if need be.

Plenty of clones, although the real deal isn't even THAT expensive.

 

Failing that, the HSP D3CR-M. a few clones available too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

devil's advocate here, but have you tried running a harness with your belt setup? makes a hell of a difference and not too expensive to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

devil's advocate here, but have you tried running a harness with your belt setup? makes a hell of a difference and not too expensive to get.

 

No, its the FRV belt not the wide molle type ones. 

 

I have a plate carrier and do not like it, its too heavy and feels restricting, I have a couple of rigs which are fine it adjusted and tightened properly but I want one with multiple panels ideally so I can swap between MP7 and Vector set ups easily.

 

I suppose 2 cheap plain molle panelled rigs would likely be easier to find to be honest.

 

 

@Skara that chassis is pretty much what I had in mind, thanks. Two of those and the straps looking at about £200 though. Bit more than I wanted to spend but an option

 

@GeorgePlaysAirsoft that viper looks pretty much spot on, if I can find the right inserts its perfect. Cheap too.

 

 

Cheers guys. I didnt really know what I was looking for and kept trawling through the same things.

 

Was worth asking the question!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

No, its the FRV belt not the wide molle type ones. 

 

I have a plate carrier and do not like it, its too heavy and feels restricting, I have a couple of rigs which are fine it adjusted and tightened properly but I want one with multiple panels ideally so I can swap between MP7 and Vector set ups easily.

 

I suppose 2 cheap plain molle panelled rigs would likely be easier to find to be honest.

I had a similar problem to you where running my vector mags on my belt rig was impossible, so I went out and I bought one of these 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-MTP-Osprey-Set-Hip-Belt-Yoke-Ensemble-Utility-UGL-SA80-Webbing-232/153833801338?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=453870996230&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

its light and easily holds heavy vector mags without any twisting thanks to the yoke system. 

Its just another to think about 

Hope this helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a chest rig which was made specifically for Vector mags, but it doesnt fit anything else. Which is why I would prefer one that does everything as it would be easier to have 1 rig and 2 inserts/panels than 2 rigs I have to store and remember to bring with me. 

 

I am trying to streamline the gear I use, the gear I take with me and the gear I have lying around and want easy solutions.

 

The Viper VX looks like the best solution. I am in the process of looking for the bits needed to make it work. I would like the spiritus but it would cost too much I feel (I might see how I get on with Viper and maybe put this one on my xmas list :D )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add my tuppence, a bit of kit I can't recommend enough (& often do), is the bulle mle rig, it's cheap, good quality, very very comfortable, but not oppressive like a plate carrier, worth considering if you already have the molle SMG pouches for the mags.

I've got two.

https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtmb2nx.html

read the reviews on the page, they're all spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

I have been thinking about my loadouts and tend to run a standard belt loadout as I am not keen on chest rigs and want a low profile when I play.

 

But I want to start using my MP7 more and the GBB mags on a belt are a drag, literally. They are too heavy. I also use a vector a fair bit and have the same issue.

 

I have seen chest rigs with clip on panels on the front so you can have multiple mag set ups and just click the new one on when needed.

My question to you good people is what are these rigs specifically called? and is there anyone in the cheaper end of brands who makes one?

I am not too into gear to know of brands or designs to know specifically what I am after  and have found one or two what I presume to be gucci type brands who have them and could not justify the prices they charge and ideally am after a cheaper one as I dont abuse my gear or play enough to warrant spending what I feel to be big money.

 

 

It might not exist, but I though I would ask.

 

This could be what you're looking for: https://www.ur-tactical.com/product/minimo-chest-rig/

 

Basically it's the body of a chest rig with clips and velcro panels to attach pretty much any placard out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Just to add my tuppence, a bit of kit I can't recommend enough (& often do), is the bulle mle rig, it's cheap, good quality, very very comfortable, but not oppressive like a plate carrier, worth considering if you already have the molle SMG pouches for the mags.

I've got two.

https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtmb2nx.html

read the reviews on the page, they're all spot on.

 

Sits a bit low for what I am after, and its not as low profile as some of the other options but thanks for the input.

 

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

 

This could be what you're looking for: https://www.ur-tactical.com/product/minimo-chest-rig/

 

Basically it's the body of a chest rig with clips and velcro panels to attach pretty much any placard out there.

 

Yeah spot on, thanks.

 

 

Plenty to think about :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I am a cheap bastard so I went with the Viper as it was £30 with the insert, and using an adjustable insert I MIGHT be able to get away with Vector and MP7 mags in the same insert so I wouldnt need different panels. 

 

Plus if it doesnt work I have another use in mind for it so all good.

 

The Minimo and Spiritus are what I had in my mind but thankful for the cheaper option for now. The Spiritus is one I found but is at the top end of budget for me. The minimo seems more reasonable and would likely be what I end up with if the viper turns out not to work for me.

 

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @GeorgePlaysAirsoft I ordered the viper chest rig as it was the cheapest option.

 

It arrived today and my thoughts On it are as follows:

 

Whist it’s not the nicest looking thing, certainly not a Gucci option it’s seems well made for £25.

yup it’s viper, so a lot of people would rubbish it, but it’s likely to get used half a dozen times a year so I was not looking for a bomb proof, real steel option.

 

I would have preferred @Lozarts option of the minimo as it looks the nuts And more modular but unless it was to be my main rig and get a hell of a lot more use I couldn’t justify the extra cost.

 

That being said it’s perfect for what I wanted. I ordered the smg sleeve to go inside it and It fits vector and mp7 mags lovely. The vector ones are a tad too long and look a little silly but I have decided to keep my vector rig and only use this for the mp7 as it’s IDEAL.

the sleeve is a pain to fit being covered in Velcro and fitting into a Velcro pouch it’s hard to line it up but it works.

It even looks like I could fit another in the front to double up on mags. sleeves are a fiver so I’m going to order another and see.


It’s low profile enough and adjustable with covers over the buckles and straps are not ridiculously long like other cheap brands (you adjust it and have half a meter of webbing flapping about).

 

Rig has Molle on the straps so I can attach a rubber knife and a large Velcro panel on the front for patches.

 

Using this with my FRV belt would solve all my issues for my MP7 use and I am glad I asked the question as my set up is now complete, I just can’t wait to get out and use the little thing again!

 

Cheers fellas for your suggestions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro tip for fitting the insert.

Do it with the mags already in, makes it much easier :) Plus yeah, you can fit a sleeve in either slot and there are single/double/triple inserts available, for a very ample customization range.

 

I am never going to forgive you for choosing Viper over Spiritus but hey, your money :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/04/2020 at 12:17, Tackle said:

Just to add my tuppence, a bit of kit I can't recommend enough (& often do), is the bulle mle rig, it's cheap, good quality, very very comfortable, but not oppressive like a plate carrier, worth considering if you already have the molle SMG pouches for the mags.

I've got two.

https://www.flecktarn.co.uk/odtmb2nx.html

read the reviews on the page, they're all spot on.

 

I have a couple of of these too, they're great. On my main setup I have a Maxpedition mega rollypoly, 3x Viper double P90 mag pouches (not a lot of options when it comes to P90 mags), 3 pistol mag pouches (1x double, 1x single), 2x grenade pouches, holster and a general utility pouch, and there's room to fit a little more if I swap some stuff about and/or get creative with it. Also the inner M16 mag pouches are handy for storing speedloaders in :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Skara said:

Pro tip for fitting the insert.

Do it with the mags already in, makes it much easier :) Plus yeah, you can fit a sleeve in either slot and there are single/double/triple inserts available, for a very ample customization range.

 

I am never going to forgive you for choosing Viper over Spiritus but hey, your money :P


will try that, cheers.

 

If I could have spent more I would have, need the economical option at the moment.

I am no gear whore, no disrespect to those who are but I have other things my money can be spent on.

Maybe I will upgrade I’m the future. Doubt it though. This one isn’t likely to fall apart anytime soon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...