Eye Protection

2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone recommend good eye protection I got ones of the net said they where tested up to 750fps my weopons are set to 330fps so out of curiosity I fired a couple at them and the lens shattered how lucky am I 

, not a bad video to watch

Edited by 2RIR
Update

No need to post it twice mate.

Just use the search function and you'll find tens (or hundreds) of threads on eye protection.

@Skara - but which eyepro is best for glasses wearers? 

(JK, that question used to get asked 3 - 4 times a day on the airsoft FB group I was in)

As @Skara said, there are lots of topics on this subject on the forum but as is always the way, everyone has a different opinion. As I am here and desperately trying not to have to finish the work I am currently doing, I will give you my 2 pence worth.

There are essentially 4 types of eye protection:

• Mesh Goggles - Not advised but a few people swear by them. I have no experience of these apart from my first rental game.
  • Glasses - Always get a reputable make such as Bolle etc and ensure they have a real safety rating. Some ebay purchases have been stated to be the correct rating but upon testing have shattered on the first shot. My back up pair is a pair of Bolle Tracker which are essentially full seal and I have taken hits right in the lense whilst playing CQB and there is barely a mark.
  • Goggles - Full seal so no chance of a BB sneaking in the side but can also be prone to fogging. There are a plethora of methods to prevent but I struggled until I bought a pair of Fan Goggles. These can be expensive as the majority of fan goggles are produced for the Military. My set which included a clear, yellow and smoke lens cost £160.
  • Full Face - Such as Dye masks. These range from cheap to expensive with the premium being the top end Paintball Masks such as Dye etc. Again I have no expereince of these but stay away from Mesh lens versions as they tend to be the cheap imports that would struggle to stop an enthusiastic Bee.

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Dye i4. Apart from taking bb's for point blank ranges, they have never fogged up on me.

To expand on that - i4s seem to have hit the market well in airsoft.

Dye marketed them heavily due to the lower than normal profile (smallest on the market at the time) and they already had a position in the airsoft market with the airsoft version of the i3.

But their 'low profile' is a disadvantage to people with large heads, big chins and foreheads.

I tried on i4s when they came out and they are a definate no for my head.  (I retried them again more recently when I got some in a bundle, but still no good to me.

Any premium full face paintball goggles will work pretty much as well.  Whats most important is how well they fit your head, and your airflow.

GI Grills are my current favourite and fit glasses wearers well - the foam has a split to accommodate the arms of the frame.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.