Cr0-Magnon

Novritsch's New Heavier Full Thrust Bb's.

Just when you had thought (hoped), they'd gone away, he's back now offering a whopping 0.62g (non bio) 6.44mm projectiles. 

Does anyone on here use this system? Do UK sites allow it?

0.62g seems getting in to the realms of the rediculous now. I appreciate there's a joule restriction but what are people's thoughts about getting hit right in the boat with these Kicking Mustang style? 

the problem i can see is that as a general rule, heavier ammo holds it's energy better at range.

when i last ran the numbers on it it turned out that a .5g (the heaviest ammo in 6mm) fired at 2.5j has about 1.3j left at 20m which fits with most mainland sites med's and the equivalent non med limit, ie point blank range for a sniper hits as hard as point blank for anyone else.

not sure if this would breach it, yes it's heavier but probably no denser so maybe with the ratio of surface area to mass being similar it might work out the same, haven't ran the numbers of course.

ultimately for me at least it boils down to how much energy can you hit someone with at your MED, for example where i am our flat 1j limit means that no matter how close i get or what ammo i'm using i'm never hitting people with more than 1j of energy, so i don't see a problem in running heavier ammo in that scenario.

https://stipsniper.com/2018/05/24/balls-so-heavy/

Just some thoughts on going full ham on weight.

I think increasing the bb size to make it heavier will not sort any magical effect, as the drag is also increased.

also found this.

Sorry but even I can't bring myself to watch a livestream on joules (especially with the pun that doesn't work in the title). 

My other issue would be the price €18 for 444. I can just imagine "right, I've chronoed, adjusted my hop and zeroed my scope...shit, I've only got 50 BB's left best start saving again"

Also, it's a non standard ammunition size, which most sites wont allow as it messes with the chrono readings and settings. Thus making it very hard to properly test/gauge... especially as that spanner is the only one even using it. Doubt many if any sites over here are gonna bend over backwards just so some kid with his shiny 'Shit Show Guarantee' can shoot folks with... one of the ugliest snipers I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

My other issue would be the price €18 for 444.

Fuck that. 🤣
I get pissed off enough when people don't take their hits at 2.5p a shot, never mind 3.5p a shot!

3 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Fuck that. 🤣
I get pissed off enough when people don't take their hits at 2.5p a shot, never mind 3.5p a shot!

Never thought of how much 💷 I'm "chucking" at people during games, good job I'm a tightwad & only use semi, even in my aeg's 

Not actually full thrust related but I've just noticed on his site the spring options for the SSG10 A1 are 460fps/2.2 joules or 500fps/2.8 joules.

Do those numbers sound right?

10 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Not actually full thrust related but I've just noticed on his site the spring options for the SSG10 A1 are 460fps/2.2 joules or 500fps/2.8 joules.

No, they're bollocks.

if the FPS readings are on 0.20s:500 equals 2.3J, 460 equals 1.96J.

19 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Nope.

Another bb!......

When you drop .48+ bbs it does feel like you're dropping money on the floor.

Full thrust is just going to be a headache that sites either say "don't bother" using them or will skate thin and "won't bother" considering the chrono differences.