Building up a gun...

Governor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I will be making my own 'custom' gun (as in putting the parts I buy together myself etc.), will I have to two tone the body as my parents are NOT UKARA registered?

Sorry if this is common question, I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Albert

Hi,

I will be making my own 'custom' gun (as in putting the parts I buy together myself etc.), will I have to two tone the body as my parents are NOT UKARA registered?

Sorry if this is common question, I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Albert

Yes.

As most people make their custom guns M4 based, if this is the case PLEASE PLEASE, get a clear body.

It's so much more tasteful than a two tone.

As most people make their custom guns M4 based, if this is the case PLEASE PLEASE, get a clear body.

It's so much more tasteful than a two tone.

Do you know where I can get one from?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Bit of a grey area really. To be honest you're manufacturing a RIF if you don't do the transparent bit and no one has any guarantee that you will two tone it for yourself. It's like shops selling RIF's and saying "oh by the way, give that a quick spray of a bright colour when you get home just so that we're all legal" - doesn't work like that.

Bit of a grey area really. To be honest you're manufacturing a RIF if you don't do the transparent bit and no one has any guarantee that you will two tone it for yourself. It's like shops selling RIF's and saying "oh by the way, give that a quick spray of a bright colour when you get home just so that we're all legal" - doesn't work like that.

Thanks, and I will be spraying the receiver green as well as the carry handle

Thanks, and I will be spraying the receiver green as well as the carry handle

You'll probably be best off spraying the receiver + stock/hanguard. Just to be on the safe side.

• AF-UK Founding Member

The same still applies. If it's obvious you're ordering bits to assemble a gun then it's just going to look like a RIF, saying "I will be spraying the receiver green" isn't anything solid.

As much as I can see you are a regular airsofter, you're only option is for your parents to buy you a 2-tone (with none of your money going into it) from what I can see.

The same still applies. If it's obvious you're ordering bits to assemble a gun then it's just going to look like a RIF, saying "I will be spraying the receiver green" isn't anything solid.

As much as I can see you are a regular airsofter, you're only option is for your parents to buy you a 2-tone (with none of your money going into it) from what I can see.

Ok thanks

Admittedly, a huge grey area, but if you don't buy all the parts in one go you won't need a UKARA number.

Don't think I'm advocating avoiding the law though, I'm not.

• Supporters

Well its a very grey area, of the law.

Technically yes, you can but keep it two toned- upper, lower and stock should be fine.

Spray the receivers before assembly though

Saying that, I.wouldn't advise it

I wouldn't bother.

ICS are notoriously incompatible with everything.

You'll need to modify 99% of your parts to fit it, and probably not worth it at all.

what you can do albert, is...actually they mentioned everything. um

Basically

Before assembly, get Jason, to spray all parts or source all the parts inc. the clear body, if not, buy the clear stock and pistol grip then look for as much clear things to use as poss! And then possibly ask Cerbo to fit it, as he can do it properly without screwing everything up (Hopefully including my 416...if not i want my money back, which probably wont be needed but yeah :lol::P ) and that way you have a nice new gun, as you said, just get G&P parts and DEFINITELY Tokyo Marui because they are just too amazing, CA parts would be great and to keep it running good, i tell you now, ditch G&G parts :P

If he'd been listening to Marksman that much, he'd just be saying "Don't worry about the internals, as long as it's not G&G but just paint it OD."

Or something like that. :D

• Supporters
If he'd been listening to Marksman that much, he'd just be saying "Don't worry about the internals, as long as it's not G&G but just paint it OD."

Or something like that. :D

Yes, indeed he would. And no eotechs allowed :P

I like EOtechs though ;)

Well, I don't like 552's. But I like a few of their models, they look nice and they're somewhat practical. I've had their 551 and 553 so I should know :)

Though I do want a real steel one, that would be something :D

Archived