Src Mamba S Gen 3 Ebb

MadMole

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone have a manual or disassembly instructions for one. Nothing on the Star Rainbow website, You Tube etc. manual with it is for older generations. I've rebuilt loads of M4's, but for the life of me I can't work out how this one splits.

• 4 months later...
  • Supporters

3 hours ago, MadMole said:

bump again

Trying to help (sell it)

but seriously...

SRC are meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just don't know why but their receivers can still have the "loops" at the back of upper receiver

and if you try to open a plastic SRC LOOP receiver - shitty loops can/will will break off

Now some receivers are the more regular type

Certain crappy BullDog or SRC Dragon guns have had "regular" (no loop) receivers

with top part loopless, but have the usual rear lip/guide that slips into rear of lower receiver

What you "might" have is a LOOP'd receiver and will run into some resistance trying to split it

In which case, the safest/recommended option might be to remove pistol grip (along with all pins), mag catch etc...

and then...

the top receiver separates with the gearbox attached to it - WTF ???

WITH ALL PINS OUT it might separate like this...

and as it is the SR4 series, the only generic manual I can find is this...

https://www.unit13shop.eu/download/SRC-SR4.pdf

which seems to show a LOOPED SM4-81 receiver on left...

(416 type maybe)

and perhaps a more regular receiver SM4-51 on right

So it seems you might need to strip the gun, remove grip, all pins, don't forget tiny pin AND mag catch etc...

clear wiring ensure it is all free etc...

then slide slightly forward & up and it should separate with box perhaps like video shows

if does - it is a bit of a wank just to get into the gun ffs & if looped would be a big wank to change hop/bucking

2043921825_Screenshotfrom2020-10-0301-54-53.thumb.png.ecf6ab22e6cef6455654991de6cb90d6.png18377357_Screenshotfrom2020-10-0301-55-23.thumb.png.d596cb7636d3c6f5323aba59b1de413a.png

oddly enough - SRC can't even get the name of their own gun correct...

it is the MAMBA as in snake, but they keep referring to it as the MANBA instead of MAMBA

I'd be concerned if the company can't even get the friggin' name of their gun correct on their own site

(makes you wonder what else they made a pigs ear of inside)

2084047018_Screenshotfrom2020-10-0302-18-47.thumb.png.2cbe7f8e0355d65213778c1b79cc4176.png

could be 6mm or 8mm bushings/bearings - steel they say

better than shitty green plastic bushings they was using say 8 years ago

or worse - NO BUSHINGS in their shit plastic gearboxes in some of the ultra cheap Dragon's

(gears just popped into the 3mm holes in the plastic v2 gearbox and the alloy sector was made of DairyLea)

But at least they stopped using the dated two part M4 hop unit...

image.jpeg.e05957de814b1fbf9fcfd298cb18c8e1.jpeg

But those loop receivers - jeez what a ball ache to change stuff

Thanks Sitting Duck

I own a couple of other SRC's their gen 3 stuff is actually really good, They have improved a lot in quality over recent couple of years.  Gearboxes come shimmed perfectly, 8mm bearings, metal gears, Double O ring piston heads, o rings in nozzles etc. Their Gen 3 G36 out performs the JG version considerably OOTB. 

The Mamba is a great looking and handling gun, I just would love to be able to service it, and upgrade barrel and hop rubber and tweak the selector switch which seems to be possessed and selects what it likes rather than what you set it at

Unfortunately this bleeding gun doesn't conform to any of their diagrams or videos on you tube (i've searched to hell and back), they seem to have completely not done any documentation for their EBB range and even the UK importer doesnt seem to be able to help. Even unscrewing, pushing out all pins etc doesnt seem to get me anywhere

Anyway, cycling today rained off, skirmish tomorrow rained off so I'm bored so going to have a last mega attempt today

Yea success! It is a loop receiver but it has 2 extra grub screws on each side to hold it that are not on the diagrams. Plus the rear tube is unique to the EBB and also holds the 2 parts together (I still haven't worked out how you get  the rear tube to unscrew from it receiver without ripping the wiring to bits, there is not enough room to get the plugs out. Looks like they soldered the Tamiya on AFTER threading the wire through the rear stock.

Still haven't fixed the selector switch! The slide on the side of the gearbox is very stiff (even after I greased and lubed it which means the offset plastic disk on the selector switch which should rotate in a u shaped glove on it is popping out and riding over the slider due to the friction. Need to pop it open again to free that slider up more

• Supporters

Glad you managed to split the gun now

The Tamiya connector, normally there could be a join in wires

Say 2.8mm spade connectors on most guns

Or just one on negative, then disassemble fuse

Failing that, just before you snip or desolder stuff

On small tamiya find a tiny tube, maybe a pen/biro

that just fits over the tamiya pins, that closes tiny pins

So you can slide the pins out of tamiya connector

Can also use a needle to pop the pin's tabs too

(But a bit more tedious)

Some small tamiya adapters from say large to small tamiya

Well cheap Chinese fleabag adapters had the polarity/pinout incorrectly and when using them gun attempt to run backwards, stopped by AR Latch

So it was not uncommon to pop the the adapter's pin and correct the polarity on cheapo adapters

Large /small tamiya...

Small tamiya has a SQUARE negative & ROUND positive

But large tamiya has ROUND negative & SQUARE positive

(cheapo connectors were the same & needed correcting)

Sure it was something like a bic pen ink tube pen thingy

That fitted inside to slip the pins out, but a needle works too

No connectors, yes, you can push out the pins. I'm going to rewire it and Warfet it once I sort the selector switch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.