What to Buy

kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what to buy  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Quarantine Spending

• long gun
    • 3 pistols (1911, deagle and revolver)
    • 2 pistols and a reusable grenade (1911, deagle)

i know the correct answer is all of them.  the long gun i am keeping secret.... earlier in the week there were two in stock and now there is only 1.  by the post on the 'what have i just bought' thread, i think its a member of this forum....

feeling indecisive

Cant say without you pming me the long rifle name. I wont buy as I haven't got the cash!

• Supporters

if you want the long gun enough that you want to hide it's identity from us in case we buy it on you then i think you already know what you want.

at times like these i always flip a coin, if i'm tempted to do best out of three then that means i knew before i started what i wanted the outcome to be.

44 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Cant say without you pming me the long rifle name. I wont buy as I haven't got the cash!

its not a bullpup, so i should be safe? 😝

12 minutes ago, kasaran said:

its not a bullpup, so i should be safe? 😝

Of course!

in regards to long gun, i think its more scarcity of stock, and knowing when it restocks it would be more expensive.

the pistols are fairly commonly found and i dont expect the price to jump

• Supporters

So what was it ?, Pics ?

@Tackle No pictures as i only just ordered it.  The gun is the Lct g3, narrow grip in olive.  Plannig a PMC style loadout eventually.

The debate was brought to a head when a guy last week said he drunkenly brought one on the 'what have you just brought thread'.   i was watching the stock count (then reading 2) and planning to wait out the lock down before buying it. buuuut as there was now only one left... i felt i should as i have the funds.

Especially since of late it seems lct prices are going up with every batch?  Last may i got the lct rpk. If i got it now it would be nearly £50 more from the same retailer.  I dunno if thats the exchange rates or because of what someone said on here about nuprol handling their distribution or something?

Either way, tis done now.  Will have to get the other bits gradually.  But that explains my options on here. Cost wise the g3 is the same as the 3 pistols, or 2 and a nade.

:) You will not have any buyers regret. Once it's in your hands you will know what a good choice you made :D

40 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

not gonna lie i can't think of any combo of pistols that i'd preferr to have over a nice g3, at least for the same price.

I will one day get me the tm deagle and 1911a1 and the 4 inch dan wesson

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I will one day get me the tm deagle and 1911a1 and the 4 inch dan wesson

i don't want a deagle or a dan wesson, and i have a 1911, so i'd still take the g3 :P

45 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Please stop saying "Deagle". Just....stop.

You sir, have clearly never played Counter-Strike! 🧐

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

You sir, have clearly never played Counter-Strike! 🧐

I was playing Counter Strike when it was still just a mod for Half-Life. Just because CS calls it a "Deagle" doesn't make it less annoying.

4 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I was playing Counter Strike when it was still just a mod for Half-Life. Just because CS calls it a "Deagle" doesn't make it less annoying.

Yeah me too, when the awp had an unzoomed cross hair! back in mah day.. we used to have cs_siege! we had an APC that we could drive :lol:

Does it make it less annoying if you put a mexican name infront of 'deag' though? 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Zarrin said:

Does it make it less annoying if you put a mexican name infront of 'deag' though? 

anigif_sub-buzz-1389-1585857699-1.gif

Try to bait another og CS player into a discussion about the good ol days and he flat out fails me...  😐

@kasaran good choice on the G3 btw... LCT/olive furniture/narrow hand guards, literally the gun at the top of my wish list 👍

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

Try to bait another og CS player into a discussion about the good ol days and he flat out fails me...  😐

@kasaran good choice on the G3 btw... LCT/olive furniture/narrow hand guards, literally the gun at the top of my wish list 👍

Me too, been holding out for an L1A1, but I think a G3 might fill the gap for the time being 🤔

15 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Me too, been holding out for an L1A1, but I think a G3 might fill the gap for the time being 🤔

Yeah I like the FAL/SLR types too, though the gun in that range that I have had my eye on is actually the modernised ASG or CA SA-58, might be my favorite carbine length Battle Rifle.

I think it would make a great mercenary load-out gun, maybe some sort of South African thing.

CA-CA035M-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I was half looking at them, but ares seem to have alot of problems for such an expensive gun. 

Maybe with the new call of duty and insergency 2 having the FAL in them will make enough people want it for other manufacturers to consider making one?  LCT already make quite a few cold war rifles....

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, kasaran said:

I was half looking at them, but ares seem to have alot of problems for such an expensive gun. 

Maybe with the new call of duty and insergency 2 having the FAL in them will make enough people want it for other manufacturers to consider making one?  LCT already make quite a few cold war rifles....

Same for me, L1A1's were my service rifle so I have an affinity for them, but the extremely limited production runs coupled with poor QC/build quality, add to that the higher than average AEG prices has made me hold off buying.

I'm always moaning that no other firms have had a crack at making one worth having, but as some have pointed out their apparently not popular enough, probably partly for the reasons I've mentioned.

Doesn't stop them being the most mentioned gun in the wanted sections.

If I could get a great L1A1, I know I'd then buy a stubby fal/sa58 to have more than one gun with mag compatability.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.