I Want to Spray Paint My Two Toned Sniper Pink

yung_evoy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I would guess 'Yes'

'Why' would be a different matter and you may get thrown in airsoft prison for that

Even bright green would be better

2 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I would guess 'Yes'

'Why' would be a different matter and you may get thrown in airsoft prison for that

Even bright green would be better

😂 once I start actually going to airsoft games I’ll find something to cover the pink up with. 

Legally yes under the VCRA as an act

(Note that under the original bill there was an explicit offence of repainting a two tone- irrespective of colour but that disappeared somewhere along the way)

If you plan on a Hello Kitty Gun style colour scheme, then note that technicaly the colour is a normal pink and not ‘bright pink’ defined in the act (though many two tones are sold in basic colours rather than defined bright colours)

If you intend to cover up then the whole process of doing the painting is pointless 

..... and nobody’s commented yet:

There is no such thing as a UKARA licence.

The UKARA (retailers association) have a players scheme to validate ‘skirmisher’ status under the VCRA.

It protects retailers and private sellers by giving a reasonable defence in court from prosecution under the VCRA

Your ‘defence’ under the VCRA for RIFs is the intent to purchase one to play airsoft at an insured site, proving that to a seller who would be liable for a considerable fine is the point of the UKARA scheme

far as im aware long as you are an airsoft player/skirmisher you can paint it whatever colour.

1 hour ago, DestrO said:

far as im aware long as you are an airsoft player/skirmisher you can paint it whatever colour.

To be pedantic - being an airsoft skirmisher is insufficient.  The defence is the intent to use the resulting RIF for airsoft skirmishing.

Under section 36.1c on the sale of RIFs an offence would be committed by the seller.

Under section 36.1b painting an IF into a RIF would be 'modification' and the offence would be committed by the painter.

Defences to these are under section 37, but airsoft skirmishing is not in the legislation.  Section 37.5 allows for the Secretary of State to use 'statutory instrument' for additional defences, which is where airsoft skirmishing comes in.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/37

2 hours ago, Tommikka said:

To be pedantic - being an airsoft skirmisher is insufficient.  The defence is the intent to use the resulting RIF for airsoft skirmishing.

Under section 36.1c on the sale of RIFs an offence would be committed by the seller.

Under section 36.1b painting an IF into a RIF would be 'modification' and the offence would be committed by the painter.

Defences to these are under section 37, but airsoft skirmishing is not in the legislation.  Section 37.5 allows for the Secretary of State to use 'statutory instrument' for additional defences, which is where airsoft skirmishing comes in.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/36

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/section/37

the intent was implied in my post :P 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.