Tm Hi Cycle Aug Single Only (On Auto)

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

First post in a while, as topic suggests; single stopped working last time I fielded the gun, chrono'd & ref commented FPS was uncharacteristically low (fully charged battery) then it would shoot intermittently (not with every pull).

So thinking I had to switch to full auto to solve it I did so, but it still only shot semi only and now IIRC it only does this in auto mode now. I bought a new battery and recreated same issue at home. Since then I took the gearbox out and am yet to disassemble it before I know more. Cant seem to find any similar problem by searching for other threads or elsewhere off the site. 

Not sure if anyone has any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
11 minutes ago, Airsoft_Mr B said:

Hi all

First post in a while, as topic suggests; single stopped working last time I fielded the gun, chrono'd & ref commented FPS was uncharacteristically low (fully charged battery) then it would shoot intermittently (not with every pull).

So thinking I had to switch to full auto to solve it I did so, but it still only shot semi only and now IIRC it only does this in auto mode now. I bought a new battery and recreated same issue at home. Since then I took the gearbox out and am yet to disassemble it before I know more. Cant seem to find any similar problem by searching for other threads or elsewhere off the site. 

Not sure if anyone has any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

It could be the same problem as mine mate - I think your gearbox is moving to the rear when it's in the body of the gun, meaning the trigger contacts are juuuust out of reach. Auto moves the contacts further back which is why it'll work.

Check the rear gearbox plate for screws, there should be two on at the top - make sure they're nice and tight. Make sure the magwell plate (above the magazine well) is secured in its usual spot, test fire with a mag in and see what happens. Try taking the rear plate out so you can push the GB further in, then test fire.

E: Here's my thread, have a look through what Skara/Iceni say

Best thing to do would be to test the gearbox out of the gun.

The gearbox has 2 sets of contacts.

The Auto contacts are located on the mock trigger. It's 2 contacts on the gearbox body, and a copper plate on the inside of the mock trigger.

The Semi contacts are inside the gearbox in the same location as a regular gun.

-

Cover the plate on the inside of the mock trigger with a layer of insulation tape. Test the trigger with a battery. If you can get it to fire semi auto every time then you have a contact position issue for the auto contacts. The adjustment is made by looking at the 2 contacts on the gearbox that the contact plate touches.

Moving the pins forwards shortens the Auto trigger pull - If you can't get auto. An Aug should always be able to get auto - as it's a short rather than a trigger system.
Moving the pins back flush to the gearbox lengthens the trigger pull between semi and auto - If auto is acting like a hair trigger, or it goes to auto before the trigger detent engages.

If the gun isn't shooting in semi all the time then you have a semi contact issue. Generally this can be anything from a burnt connection to a worn out or broken contact part. It will require a gearbox strip to correct. It's generally easier just to buy a V3 contact setup and replace the whole unit. You will need to solder. If you can not solder then send it to a tech.

-

It's also worth inspecting the fuse assembly and fuse. If you fire the gearbox and the fuse is getting hot or glowing then your fuse has died. It may not have fully popped. I've had this issue before and the glowing fuse significantly alters performance.

-

If you have a spare motor it's also worth testing another motor.

Archived