Advice on Helmet Mounted Comms Headset

Cyberlawyer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As per the title I’m looking for some advice on a comms headset to mount on a Fast helmet.

I have it narrowed down to either the FMA FCS RAC Tactical Headset https://www.fma-tactical-gear.com/products/tmc-best-tactical-headsets-tactical-rac-headset-noise-reduction

or the

OPSMEN Tactical Earmor M32H MOD3 Helmet Mount Communication Headset https://www.amazon.com/OPSMEN-Tactical-Electronic-Headphones-Helmets/dp/B07DBV54WQ

From personal preference I prefer the form factor and method of attachment of the FMA headset, but it’s all about audio quality and the ambient sound enhancement/noise protection as that is the most important feature.

Any one had both, which one sounds better?

My brother has a set of Earmors and they really enhance sound. Yet to try with receiving transmissions though.

My teammate has some clone Peltors and he is very happy with them.

They both cut out and enhance sounds.

If I didn't have my RS Peltors I'd entrust my hearing to the Earmors though as I would hope that the QC was higher.

I have x2 pairs of Earmor, one helmet mounted.  Ran them with no issues at all until I headbutted I metal door in the dark and broke the small plastic connector which the metal arm clips onto from the helmet.

Might buy a new set of the latest gen..

Interested in the FMA as they look cool..but hard to find reviews of them.

I have tried ZTAC's and they died. Earmor's I tried twice on two different versions and if it wasn't the headset that stopped working, it WILL be the PTT. That's my experience anyway. Maybe I've had bad luck but I just bought a code red headsets speaker mic and run a mono 3.5mm jack from that to my Peltor Comtac XPI's that I have mounted to my headset. Have not had a single problem in 2 years. When the earmors worked, they were the best headset REPRO wise on the market at the time but after the first headset came with a defect and the PTT died, I bought the Earmor MOD 2's and a new Earmor PTT. Both of those died as well. 

I have definitely found that if I save up for the more expensive stuff, I actually save money first time round and I don't feel like I need to put a gun to my head everytime something that is repro craps out on me. In fact, every piece of REPRO gear that I have ever bought has failed in less than 6 months. Even kit. With that being said if you can get something REPRO working for good, it's cheap as so you're laughing. 

Between your two choices, I would still go Earmor though. If you can get them to work, they were genuinely pretty decent for the price.

Went off on a bit of a tangent there haha 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.