Question on Holo Sight

Joelwf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, I'm fairly new to this all, so y'all gunna have to bear with me! I currently have a pretty standard peq box on the rail of my aeg, and run a rds on a raised mount as my sight. I was looking into buying a 551 style holo sight, but was wondering whether it is tall enough to see over the peq box?

Hopefully that makes sense?!

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

It will be fine BUT there are loads, from absolute trash to almost perfect copies, price consummate with quality

Sure. what kind of price range should i be looking at to find a solid replica?

Thanks for reply.

Look for a G&P, probably 60-80.

Ive never found an EOTech that was any good, but apparently Holy Warrior make decent EOTech’s, they deffo make decent clones of other sights

I have two of these on different guns.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-553-eot-style-dot-sight

As far as it goes these are absolutely as good as the clones get, but they are pretty pricey. You can get clones of the newer models, but these run on AAs which is very convenient as far as rechargeable a go.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

It will be fine BUT there are loads, from absolute trash to almost perfect copies, price consummate with quality

this

the ones i've seen range from reasonably clear but a reticle so dim even northern sun can drown it out, to a bright clear reticle hampered by an inability to see anything else due to the massive tint.

i haven't tried g&p specifically admittedly.

The G&P have a very bright recticle. The transparency of the lense is ok so it’s usable in all conditions (real steel ones are clearer, but cost 3 times as much) the parallax error is low so accuracy is good If properly zeroed.

Biggest downside is a small red dot is visible from the front of the gun, which I can see being a potential problem for night games (it’s too small to be noticeable in the day time). Again it’s not an issue on the real steel.

On my main rifle I do run a vortex red dot in preference which is better, but then it’s a real steel sight so I would expect it to be.

Archived