Reputable Brands in 2020

ibo7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After regrettably selling my airsoft guns last year to fund airguns I'm now looking for another AEG. I've read the thread regarding '££ what gun for my budget' but are there any further brands which should be listed alongside G&G, Cyma, ICS etc? 

I had a Specna Arms which was very good but is a G&G CM16 the obvious choice for under £150? Then there's Nuprol and Lancer etc which seem to be fairly new to the budget list. I'm looking for a M4 mainly so is Combat Machine the sensible choice?

Specna Arms are on par with G&G and the rest. Maybe even above them.

Their 'EDGE' series are very good and way better than any other in that price range.

Stay away from Nuprol.

Not sure about Lancer but someone will chime in I'm sure...

Specna Edge series are very good guns, even without considering that they are great value for money. I still run Marui in preference (MWS with an NGRS as backup), but that is an entirely different price point.

I struggle to recommend the Marui to anyone as the EDGE gets you most of the performance at a fraction of the price, and the people looking at an NGRS probably already have a very good idea what they want, so probably don’t care about my opinion.

Specna for anything circa £150. Maybe Cyma too.

Standard Marui AEGs for the £200-£250 price bracket. 

The £250 to £400 bracket seems quite competitive, with LCT, E&L, Bolt, G&P, ICS, Krytac, G&G all wrestling for position.

Marui NGRS for £400-550.

Real Sword for £550+.

I don't personally rate VFC. Classic Army occupy a much smaller market share these days. KWA have released some well-reviewed AEGs and GBBRs too IIRC.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.