Techs That Are Currently Operating in the North West

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Please can someone kindly forward me a company / techs details who are currently operating in the North West UK despite the current situation. 

All I require is a shim job, service, some compression parts fitted and AOE if necessary. 

Ive attempted to do this work myself out of sheer boredom but my living room coffee table is now out of bounds due to my ongoing failure to do any of the work mentioned above. 

Ron

Lots of techs to choose from in the North West. Lots of them recommend. I contacted about a dozen of them last year for some work on a RIF (admittedly a GBB and not an AEG) and you know what? Literally none of them replied. And that was a mix of sole traders and large superstores.

Lesson learned: a large proportion of airsoft techs appear to have no business acumen whatsoever.

So instead, I took the decision to travel and ended up at Fire Support in Peterborough (6 hour round trip from where I live). Old school company that have been in the game for years and John, their tech, really knows his onions. So you might find you need to look outside your local area.

Since then I’ve also discovered Charles at Airsoft Engenuity, more locally in Wigan:

https://m.facebook.com/AirsoftEngenuity/

Very nice chap and a good tech. Produces his own custom parts. Also works as an aircraft engineer, so a very safe pair of hands! Small operation and I’m unsure whether he’s trading under the lockdown, but worth sending him a message (details on his Facebook).

Hey Pauly,

Unfortunately I’ve had the same problem. I find a gentle nudge does go a long way but ultimately techs don’t seem very interested. Admittedly, I have been contacted directly from techs after posting this. 

Out of interest, how much would you be willing to pay for a full gearbox overhaul including AOE (+ sorbo pad) ? 

I have messaged Airsoft Engenuity so I shall wait for a reply. 

Ron 

On 07/04/2020 at 09:57, RonLancs said:

Out of interest, how much would you be willing to pay for a full gearbox overhaul including AOE (+ sorbo pad) ? 

Honestly can't help you with that question as I only run gas-blowback rifles... yeah, weird I know! 😉

Others may be able to chime in and help, however.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.