Wwii (Ww2) Kit Thread for All Factions

MSSW Rune

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

49 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Ahh, cheers, I figured it was going to tie like a stirrup but having had ACU digital camo in the past, the ankle laces for those just tightened the leg holes so I got confused

Yeah it also depends on your hight and waist too with them as if you've got a small waist and are tall they often don't fit so you have to tie them around your ankle like some of the guys in my group. Have you got any braces for your trousers yet as they are a game changer for keeping your trousers in the right place as they sit much higher than normal modern trousers (almost to your belly button). 

Do you still want a photo or are you ok? I can dig my trousers out for you if you like. 

while i cant spend any amount of money on new kit at the moment,  i am thinking of putting together a ww2 british loadout, possibly a para at arnhem.

does anyone have any links to get accurate uniform pieces? ideally repro as i feel a little uneasy using genuine kit if i can avoid it.

as for the weapons, im looking at either sten guns, thompson SMGs or the G&G lee enfield (if it ever gets released)

and a friend of mine in america reckons i should also do a ww1 trench tommy too if i get the lee enfield...   

• Supporters

Can't comment on the Lee cause its not out yet, obviously, but the Tommy will be the easiest choice. AFAIK the Stens use the same internals as the MP40s and are either a pain to work on, hard to find parts for, etc.

On 21/08/2020 at 04:55, Spartan09 said:

while i cant spend any amount of money on new kit at the moment,  i am thinking of putting together a ww2 british loadout, possibly a para at arnhem.

does anyone have any links to get accurate uniform pieces? ideally repro as i feel a little uneasy using genuine kit if i can avoid it.

as for the weapons, im looking at either sten guns, thompson SMGs or the G&G lee enfield (if it ever gets released)

and a friend of mine in america reckons i should also do a ww1 trench tommy too if i get the lee enfield...   

Personally I would wait for the s&t Lee Enfield over the g&g any day of the year. All the g&g WWII guns other than the mg42 have all been a bit lack luster and mostly a bit useless so far from my experience. For example, the k98k is kind of crap especially compared to the s&t k98k. The ICS garand is far better than the g&g garand ect. 

When it comes to the AGM sten, it's really not that hard to work on just like the mp40. The only real proprietary parts are the gearbox shell and the first thing you do to them is hop mod them so that's the only other main proprietary part that gets removed anyway. 

If you want the king of all stens then the northeast sten is shaping up to be an amazing gbbr with some of the best externals I've seen but I've not handled one as they are pre launch still. Previews seem very promising though and I might get one for my British para kit at Arnhem too. Currently working on a 9th SS kit so I can do both sides when the event happens hopefully next year but everything from this year might push that back :(

For the British kit have a look on soldier of fortune in the reenactment section and that should give you an idea but honestly your best off joining some of the Facebook reenactment sales groups and buying kit there. :)

The NE Sten are out.  Look great externally but not too hot to shoot from what I have seen

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

The NE Sten are out.  Look great externally but not too hot to shoot from what I have seen

Wait the Mk5 is out?!? 😮 Hmmm I may have to go hunt one down but I'll look more into their performance if that's the case. 

I'll have to do some more hunting or I may just convert a AGM sten into a Mk5 to be honest. 

Been working on my unterscharführer 4/Pz.Gren.Rgt.19 kit for Normandy and Arnhem. Just need to buy a wool tunic for the kit now. Love how effective erbsenmuster is especially with a mosquito net on you can pretty much vanish most times of the year anywhere in the UK. 

FB_IMG_1598298363690.jpg

FB_IMG_1598298366144.jpg

Decided to try and make my kit photo look like it was taken in 1940's. Hopefully that's come across in find edit 🙂

received_327155461737456.jpeg

Coo. Dont you look the biz.

Nice pics.

Did.they have solar powered lights back then lol.

👍

Regards 

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Coo. Dont you look the biz.

Nice pics.

Did.they have solar powered lights back then lol.

👍

Regards 

Yes, its taken me a long time to get used to this new age

On 11/08/2020 at 22:11, Leader Bee said:

I'd be grateful yeah, I thought I must have gotten the wrong size when I put them on and they were almost half up my chest...glad to know they're supposed to be like that...where would you recommend getting braces from?

Yeah braces are a must for pretty much any WWII kit. Personally I use retro looking braces as braces weren't issued and were only ever made at a regimental or company level with the Germans so you see a huge mix and not a uniform mix of braces in use especially late war 43-45. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303173363949

It's awesome seeing more WWII kits being posted up too. Keep it up everyone 😁

Great to see a WW2 thread!

I've just put my first proper kit together after years of spending all my money on guns instead... I went for a British Commando look mostly because... Well I'll be honest, it was the cheapest. And having just mostly drained my funds getting the new Northeast Sten MkV, it needed to be!

485751898_LightFix.thumb.png.16f348b29dcb683eb25f1ea6059d5438.png

It considerably helped cost wise that I already had the bergen, scarf, and got the boots off my dad, from his time in the navy.

1632419491_DSC_06081.thumb.JPG.63d79c2ee1d5a51e98810eb07e664ed4.JPG

I will be replacing those ill-fitting gaiters as soon as possible. And I know it's somewhat blasthemy, but I don't really want to blanco my webbing... I rather like the colour it is! I shall be wearing it in though, so it looks a little less... just off the boat. 

20200904_163801.thumb.jpg.00617a14cf8cb1af07d283ad05b8ee05.jpg

For a more early war look, removed the scarf and grabed the M1928.

Unfotunately it seems I will have to send the jumper back, as it's dethreading at the collar, and while I have the chance I'm wondering if I might need to swap the trousers for a smaller size... I'm well aware P37s are pretty baggy, but they do seem a tad exessively so and slightly loose around the waist. If anyone more experienced has some advice on that I'd greatly appreciate it, don't want to send them back for a smaller size only for them to be too small!

Apologies if this is laziness but out of curiosity is there a decent quality wooden springer Kar98k on the market?

@B.S - Great kit, excellent job. How are you finding the Sten?

21 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Apologies if this is laziness but out of curiosity is there a decent quality wooden springer Kar98k on the market?

S&T/Snow Wolf did one.  Hard to find a wood one now though.

G&G and DoubleBell/Dboys do one but I think they use dummy shells.

On 07/09/2020 at 23:59, FreeFrag.UK said:

@B.S - Great kit, excellent job. How are you finding the Sten?

It's an absolutely astonishingly faithful replica, and the GBB is really nice and weighty. I've had a couple of issue with gas efficiency on colder days, but that's to be expected. There's the odd thing about it as an airsoft gun that's a little inconvenient - such as having to remove the barrel to adjust the hop, and the feed lips on the magazine don't seem to be compatible with any speed loaders (Loading 32 BBs by hand is fun) But they're all concessions that seem completely irrelevant when you actually shoot the thing... I am terrified to take it to a game though, I'd be walking around trying to shield it from BBs just because of how expensive it was!

Felt cute, might defend El Alamein later idk.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just threw together some shorts and a shirt for the desert campaign look, probably won't spend the money on proper repro desert kit, given there aren't too many deserts in the cotswolds. But this looks the part.

On 08/09/2020 at 19:21, B.S said:

the feed lips on the magazing don't seem to be compatible with any speed loaders (Loading 32 BBs by hand is fun) 

@B.S awesome loadout pics, and once i have some more money i intend on making my own ww2 loadout, most likely british airborne troops at arnhem.

I have a mk2 sten i bought recently through the classifieds, and i had the same issue with loading the mags....   until i saw a video from northeast themselves that show them using a speed loader.

They hold a finger either side of the feed lips to keep bbs from popping out either side and then use the speed loader to force the bbs straight down through the top of the feed lips into the magazine.

Its a bit fiddly, but its less of a ballache than loading 32 bbs by hand

Pic of my sten included below, posing besides james hollands new book i acquired last week.

Im also wondering if there is a way to get a barrel assembly seperate as a spare part, so i can get the end of the outer barrel machined out. That way i can fit a longer inner barrel to use with the mock suppressor

20200905_082614.jpg

Some fun images I did in my kit this evening, hope you enjoy as much as I did being a big kid playing pretend soldiers 🤣 

Unterscharführer Zimmermann signals to his section to hold position while he checks the next set of hedgerows with his dienglas for enemy movement. When the time is right he signals them to move up quickly to capitalise on the situation. 

FB_IMG_1600032207681.jpg

FB_IMG_1600032210215.jpg

FB_IMG_1600032215407.jpg

FB_IMG_1600032224175.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.