Wwii (Ww2) Kit Thread for All Factions

MSSW Rune

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whelp, I've taken my first step and put in stock notifications for when the real wood Kar98K springer becomes available again. I figure I'll set it up for ~350fps/1.14j and build a 352nd Infaterie Division inspired kit around it. I realise the power range puts me at a disadvantage as the ranges close but I figure it keeps it CQB friendly should it ever get used indoors or descend to CQB ranges.

@MSSW Rune - Excellent photos and brilliant kit.

On 10/09/2020 at 11:19, Spartan09 said:

@B.S awesome loadout pics, and once i have some more money i intend on making my own ww2 loadout, most likely british airborne troops at arnhem.

I have a mk2 sten i bought recently through the classifieds, and i had the same issue with loading the mags....   until i saw a video from northeast themselves that show them using a speed loader.

They hold a finger either side of the feed lips to keep bbs from popping out either side and then use the speed loader to force the bbs straight down through the top of the feed lips into the magazine.

Its a bit fiddly, but its less of a ballache than loading 32 bbs by hand

Pic of my sten included below, posing besides james hollands new book i acquired last week.

Im also wondering if there is a way to get a barrel assembly seperate as a spare part, so i can get the end of the outer barrel machined out. That way i can fit a longer inner barrel to use with the mock suppressor

20200905_082614.jpg

Ah now that's a very useful bit of advice on loading, cheers! I must confess to feeling I too perhaps should've got the earlier mark of sten - the MkV is somewhat limited in the impressions it can portray, but I do love the wood furnishings... I suppose I'll just have to pick up an AGM MkII at some point!

Although actually, on that note of spare parts, I wonder if a skeleton stock would actually fit on my MkV? If it does and the foregrip comes off, perhaps I can pass it off as an earlier model, with my hand covering the rear grip... I've not seen anywhere that stocks parts for the Sten though so we might be out of luck there.

And as an aside may I ask if you have applied any anti-rust products to your Sten? As it mentions this in the manual and I'm wondering if it might be necessary.

On 14/09/2020 at 18:34, B.S said:

Ah now that's a very useful bit of advice on loading, cheers! I must confess to feeling I too perhaps should've got the earlier mark of sten - the MkV is somewhat limited in the impressions it can portray, but I do love the wood furnishings... I suppose I'll just have to pick up an AGM MkII at some point!

Although actually, on that note of spare parts, I wonder if a skeleton stock would actually fit on my MkV? If it does and the foregrip comes off, perhaps I can pass it off as an earlier model, with my hand covering the rear grip... I've not seen anywhere that stocks parts for the Sten though so we might be out of luck there.

And as an aside may I ask if you have applied any anti-rust products to your Sten? As it mentions this in the manual and I'm wondering if it might be necessary.

have you looked at soldier of fortune?  they seem to have a couple of sten parts for sale including skeleton stocks.  given that the northeast sten is made to the same dimensions as the real steel, these should fit...

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/sten-gun-no3-mk1-skeleton-stock.html
https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/skeleton-rear-pistol-grip-for-sten-gun.html

as for anti corrosion, i havent added anything to the gun myself, and i dont believe the previous owner did either, and while i havent noticed any rust forming on it,i am looking into what anti corrosion products would be suitable 

i only got the sten a couple of weeks ago from the classifieds here, and havent skirmished it yet as i need to get more mags and suitable mag pouches for the 37 pattern webbing

7 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

have you looked at soldier of fortune?  they seem to have a couple of sten parts for sale including skeleton stocks.  given that the northeast sten is made to the same dimensions as the real steel, these should fit...

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/sten-gun-no3-mk1-skeleton-stock.html
https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/skeleton-rear-pistol-grip-for-sten-gun.html

as for anti corrosion, i havent added anything to the gun myself, and i dont believe the previous owner did either, and while i havent noticed any rust forming on it,i am looking into what anti corrosion products would be suitable 

i only got the sten a couple of weeks ago from the classifieds here, and havent skirmished it yet as i need to get more mags and suitable mag pouches for the 37 pattern webbing

Good idea, I shall add those to my very extensive list of things I want to buy from SOF! 😂

I wasn't really sure if anti-corrosion was necassary, there was a line in the manual that says 'apply rust inhibitor are required' but I wasn't sure if it was a typo and meant to say 'as required'. Either way, I've got a spray silicone oil finish that seems like it'll do the job. Better safe than sorry. It's Abbey 'Silicone gun oil 35' if you want to consider it yourself. 

I've yet to skirmish my MkV either, I'm scared to it cost so bloody much! I'd be walking around looking at my gun not the enemy team! And I don't know if you've already got a P37 webbing rig, but the standard P37 GSE repro ammo pouches I have fit the Sten mags, they seem to be based on the later war slightly taller version.

My oldest rif my Tommy. King Arms one do metal with plastic effect wood. I do intend to start work soon on making real wood furniture for both period and post apoc that will be interchangeable. May pick up an American helm at some point as seen a few really cheap in antique shops. Then again I'm more likely to end up captain America than doing realism so who knows...

20200917_190058.jpg

On 16/09/2020 at 19:41, B.S said:

Good idea, I shall add those to my very extensive list of things I want to buy from SOF! 😂

I wasn't really sure if anti-corrosion was necassary, there was a line in the manual that says 'apply rust inhibitor are required' but I wasn't sure if it was a typo and meant to say 'as required'. Either way, I've got a spray silicone oil finish that seems like it'll do the job. Better safe than sorry. It's Abbey 'Silicone gun oil 35' if you want to consider it yourself. 

I've yet to skirmish my MkV either, I'm scared to it cost so bloody much! I'd be walking around looking at my gun not the enemy team! And I don't know if you've already got a P37 webbing rig, but the standard P37 GSE repro ammo pouches I have fit the Sten mags, they seem to be based on the later war slightly taller version.

already got some abbey 35 oil for my airguns, and i will look into using it on the sten, but i think the manual may be a typo as the steel looks to be "blued", which in itself is a corrosion inhibitor,  but i may be wrong

i do have a p37 webbing harness and a pair of pouches, but to be able to skirmish the sten i will need more mags, and thus more pouches (or even the bandolier)  but with money so tight at the moment, i wont be buying anything much for a few months

On 18/09/2020 at 09:57, Spartan09 said:

already got some abbey 35 oil for my airguns, and i will look into using it on the sten, but i think the manual may be a typo as the steel looks to be "blued", which in itself is a corrosion inhibitor,  but i may be wrong

i do have a p37 webbing harness and a pair of pouches, but to be able to skirmish the sten i will need more mags, and thus more pouches (or even the bandolier)  but with money so tight at the moment, i wont be buying anything much for a few months

Yes I thought it was blued, but I did seem to have a little bit of light surface rust after shooting in some drizzle, I'm not certain that's what it was but I don't know what else it could've been.

And yeah the mags are pretty pricey - Myself I won't be getting any more for a while but when I do I intend to get 6 total, as that should be a decent amount for skirmishing (I'm always the one with two thirds of a mag left at the end of a game anyway!) and 6 will fit in just the standard ammo pouches. I like the bandolier, but it doesn't quite work with the commando look I'm going for I don't think, it's a bit more Airbourne. 

• 1 month later...

Getting there with my British kit, webbing all Blanco'd up.

789271668_AtEase.thumb.JPG.9428d70ff3de6aec74177718ff0747d6.JPG      1574401501_AtRear.thumb.JPG.4cbbadba59977278a7a80a98772fb274.JPG       

86994635_OldEffectAim.thumb.png.4cc281cf0d1b14e6eeca4f9399920e39.png

Just gotta get myself a lid, and decide what patches I'm going to have...

• 1 month later...

Finally decided to photograph my feldwebel Pz.Gren.Rgt.125 kit for winter 44. So this is for the period of operation wacht em Rhine and operation Nordwind under the command of Hans Von Luck. If only I had snow instead of bleak cold rain and mud lol. Hope you guys like it. 

FB_IMG_1609094852024.jpg

FB_IMG_1609094858742.jpg

Very nice WWII gear pics here!

Hope it's ok to just post gun-pics aswell, as I don't play or reenact, just collect :)

I'll start with one of the very few non-airsoft modelguns in the collection:
Shoei FG42 late version. If you ever get the opportunity to get your hands on one of these, take it! They re superbly built and incredibly nice collector's pieces.
Had 2 of them for a while, the one without scope is sold by now.
The one with scope has a very rare real ZF4 with even rarer, highly professionally reproduced Krieghoff mount rings made of steel.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Managed to get a few photos of my platoon leader (feldwebel) kit for 2nd battalion, 7th company 125th regiment panzergrenadier kit 21 panzer division near Ranville on the edge of the Orne river on exercise spring 44. This company would be the one that's pushed away from Pegasus and Horsa bridge by Brit para's on d-day. 

It's been fun doing lots of research for this kit and with a much higher quality smock I feel a lot happier with my impression now.  

received_866475693905371.jpeg

received_468456864205669.jpeg

received_454787412395240.jpeg

received_955084365317155.jpeg

• 7 months later...

Decided to get some photos of my senior NCO kit (Oberscharführer) before a milsim next weekend. Odds are I'll be using my mp40 but it's currently with a tech who's fixed it up for me. 

Honestly even with full wool on under my camo it still didn't feel too warm surprisingly so I think I'll definitely stick with the over layers for this one I think. 

I hope you like these pics and the second set is the basic panzergrenadier kit most of my guys will be running.

IMG_4805.thumb.jpg.4d5e2ee34b5a8f3f3a75129cf1eaff4f.jpg

IMG_4824.thumb.jpg.c26fc6f411951fbd360b7f4ff4d06732.jpg

IMG_4772.thumb.jpg.5f1783a73c083a707d492fc51caf9d12.jpg

IMG_4779.thumb.jpg.15f58f0882af5a1761609dc9e567b0e1.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.