Wwii (Ww2) Kit Thread for All Factions

MSSW Rune

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's nice to see a forum that's not totally dead like so many others! So here is something a bit different from the norm. A WWII kit thread. 

I'll start it off with my Heer stuff. 

Feldwebel Reinhold Zimmerman of II Kompanie 125th regiment of 21st panzer division at Normandy 1944. He scans the hedgerows for movement and checks his bearings before moving on with his trupp.

#milsim #filmsim #battlesim #worldwar2 #ww2 #airsoftuk #airsoft #bbwar #uk #bbwar #airsoftgun #airsoftnation #panzergrenadier #grenadier #southwest #devon #cornwall #german #reenactmentww2 #nonpolitical #ww2airsoft #ww2german

FB_IMG_1585953518880.jpg

FB_IMG_1585941759686.jpg

FB_IMG_1585941762261.jpg

So this is the start of a gothic line fallschirmjäger kit but I'm not sure on a regiment yet to take this down a more accurate road yet. 

IMG_20200119_225548~2.jpg

This is actually my II Kompanie 125 regiment kit again but post op nordwind hence the MP44. Unfortunately I took this photo before I realised my sumpfmuster 44 smock had loads of excess dye that needed washing out so doesn't look very good in this photo compared to the first ones uploaded.  

IMG_20200308_154929~2.jpg

33 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Very cool loadouts is it all repo kit or a mix of genuine and repo items?

Thanks, most of the kit is repro but a few items are original but mostly just personal items like the deinglas and code marching compass which are war time originals and so on. 

4 hours ago, MSSW Rune said:

Thanks, most of the kit is repro but a few items are original but mostly just personal items like the deinglas and code marching compass which are war time originals and so on. 

Very interesting all the loadouts look fairly practical for skirmishing, which is a nice plus.

8 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

Very interesting all the loadouts look fairly practical for skirmishing, which is a nice plus.

Yeah they are very practical for the most part but you won't be doing and speed reloads with these pouches and most of the guns stock out the box are awful. 

For example the mp40 needs either the AK hop mod or a 3d printed hop unit, new hop rubber, nub and barrel to make it useable. The mags need a few bb's under the spring to give it more tension so you end up with real caps unless you can find the 100rd plastic mid caps. 

The MP44 needs pretty much the same but it's all just M4 internals so it's super easy and turns into a beast with very little work. 

Most of the spring k98k's are fantastic though even stock apart from any that are shell ejecting as they tend to break almost instantly and are only good as a base stock to put say a vsr or similar in them. 

Gas k98k's tend to be a bit crap and we avoid them within the group as most of us haven't had good experiences with them. The PPS gas k98k being the only exception. 

As far as allied weapons go the Thompson is pretty solid from most brands and the cheap cyma one (£90) is a real surprise gun. Tiny bit of work and it's shockingly good. 

The sten is basically as bad as the mp40 and needs just as much work with similar issues. 

The ICS m1 garand is stunning though and my guys loved theirs when we did 101st airborne kits. 

1 hour ago, MSSW Rune said:

For example the mp40 needs either the AK hop mod or a 3d printed hop unit, new hop rubber, nub and barrel to make it useable. The mags need a few bb's under the spring to give it more tension so you end up with real caps unless you can find the 100rd plastic mid caps. 

My knowledge on airsoft versions of WW2 weapons is limited, is it the AGM or SRC mp40 you run?

I have heard about performance issues on the G&G Kar98k but I do like the externals on them and the SE version is fun to play about with but absolutely unless for skirmishing.

I love my impression kits and I have toyed with the idea of putting together WW2 and/or various Cold War kits but one thing which tends to hold me back is that I need something protecting my chest (health related) which inevitably generates some issues. The Lee Enfield No.4 which has been teased a lot over the past year or so looks incredibly promising.

Your kits look incredible. As far as WW2 kit goes I'll admit I've got a soft spot for the 352. Infanterie-Division from Normandy along with the kit used by British Para's during Operation Market Garden.

I've never really investigated the WW2 weapons but your write up indicates some great pieces of kit, with a bit of technical know how.

I'd love the G&G No. 4 as long as it turns out to be good (apparently there are concerns about its performance). If I got one of like to try an alternative history British resistance if Germany invaded Britain

46 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

My knowledge on airsoft versions of WW2 weapons is limited, is it the AGM or SRC mp40 you run?

I have heard about performance issues on the G&G Kar98k but I do like the externals on them and the SE version is fun to play about with but absolutely unless for skirmishing.

Yeah it's the AGM version I have. The src is ok but again needs a bit of work from what I've been told by guys who have them. That said the AGM one is often only around £100 new so it's kind of expected at that price so I don't mind working on it. 

Yeah the g&g are a pain and my guys fold theirs after 1 game and all went to spring k98k's. We had a shell ejecting k98k and yeah it's great fun until it breaks and as you said totally useless for events. 

50 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I love my impression kits and I have toyed with the idea of putting together WW2 and/or various Cold War kits but one thing which tends to hold me back is that I need something protecting my chest (health related) which inevitably generates some issues. The Lee Enfield No.4 which has been teased a lot over the past year or so looks incredibly promising.

Your kits look incredible. As far as WW2 kit goes I'll admit I've got a soft spot for the 352. Infanterie-Division from Normandy along with the kit used by British Para's during Operation Market Garden.

I've never really investigated the WW2 weapons but your write up indicates some great pieces of kit, with a bit of technical know how.

Thanks, it's taken a long time to finidhy up. Yeah the Lee Enfield no4 does look very promising but from what I've heard has been pushed back in favour of other guns that are more popular and covid 19 has pushed it back further which is a shame. 

Out of curiosity how much protection do you require? There might be solutions available for this hidden within kit. 

38 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I'd love the G&G No. 4 as long as it turns out to be good (apparently there are concerns about its performance). If I got one of like to try an alternative history British resistance if Germany invaded Britain

That's a fun idea and I know there was talk of an event specifically about that but I've not heard much about it recently probably due to the lockdown. 

1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Problem solved

main-qimg-722a9062d68603fb0a3f9223a3ae6890-c.jpeg

57 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Problem solved

Lmao yeah there's always WWI kit but very limited on events, maybe 1 a year at best where as WWII events we have normally every few months. Just food for thought there. 

British para's had armour plates for Arnhem. This is an image from a trial on Canadian troops iirc. This might be worth looking into as it's genuine kit that was used in combat. 

a0dc63d4d933dd056cc941eeb42a17e9.jpg

@MSSW Rune - As far as protection goes I need to have a firm covering from the hollow just above the sternum/separating the clavicle down to about an inch below the ribcage. I was thinking about it after posting and the idea of some of the low profile/covert PC's did occur as a potential solution while maintaining the outward aesthetic.

47 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@MSSW Rune - As far as protection goes I need to have a firm covering from the hollow just above the sternum/separating the clavicle down to about an inch below the ribcage. I was thinking about it after posting and the idea of some of the low profile/covert PC's did occur as a potential solution while maintaining the outward aesthetic.

Ahhh ok so it's quite a large are that needs protection. Have you considered making something that fits to your body form of say tough leather and have it fit to say a sports under armour t-shirt that's tight fitting so it's almost completely invisible especially with a shirt on over it. Add in your tunic and camo smock on top of that and you would never know. Is it solely to protect from bb's or is it knocks too as if it's just bb's you will be surprised at how much your tunic will soak up. You always know your being hit but it takes most the sting out of it normally. Camo smock and just a shirt though can sting like a sod as they are both so thin lol. 

You also have various Soviet units who used armour in WWII if you want to go to extremes lol. 

ccff76a9382fd364543f5411471b862e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No one else run WWII kit on this forum then? Or is there really that little traffic on forums these days? 😟

IMG_20200409_022644.jpg

• 1 month later...

The guys at frontline events did a fantastic edit of one of my old WWII German winter kits for me. 

"Feldwebel Reinhold Zimmermann signals to his section to speed up their pace after they knocked out a T34 on the ost front"

received_699556624154298.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Bit of an update on my feldwebel 7. Company II battalion 125 regiment panzergrenadier of 21 panzer division kit for 1944-45. Looking forward to normality returning next year so I can go to WWII events again 😁

FB_IMG_1597003905100~2.jpg

@MSSW Rune - That's an absolutely awesome kit you've managed to build up. Out of curiosity how long has it taken you to build? I dare not ask the cost.

As a further curiosity which MP40 have you gone with and how do you find it?

2 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@MSSW Rune - That's an absolutely awesome kit you've managed to build up. Out of curiosity how long has it taken you to build? I dare not ask the cost.

As a further curiosity which MP40 have you gone with and how do you find it?

It's probably taken me around 2 years to build up but it's been the last year mostly where I've gone for it and just focused in on this kit. To be honest even I don't want to know the cost at this point 😐 

The mp40 is the AGM one so only around £90-100 new. I've replaced the entire barrel and hop set up with an ak hop which I modified as out of the box the range is awful. Once that simple mod is done though it's surprisingly an ok little SMG but not amazing by modern AEG standards. It's a gun of its time really but at WWII events it's not too bad and definitely has its place. The AGM stg44 is definitely better with the same level of modification to the hop and barrel. I tend to use that for other kits or skirmish events as it's basically just a M4 internally. 

• Supporters

Ive always wanted to do a WWII build, but get put off for various reasons. Im slowly making progress though. When I lived in the UK I did have a "Downed aircrew" setup that included a RAF bomber jacket, Colt Peacemaker revolver (before the US got involved in the war a lot of these were shipped over to the UK), and a stolen MP-40 (as in from a German. Not, you know...). That was years ago though, back before I could do anything as simple as replace a bucking. Ive done several Soviet early Cold War loadouts, so I am working my way to WWII. I like the idea of going with a boltie over just being another MP-40/Sten/Thompson; since Ive got a VSR-X it can certainly preform. The main issue with it is its size - its got a much wider barrel than any of the mainstream WWII bolties. I am not locked down to any one faction, but I do have the US/British handguns already - that same Peacekeeper (I just pulled it out after not touching it for 4 years and it still works fine), and an old Western Arms SV Infinity 1911 that I fitted with some real Colt 1911 grips. Its not perfect, but close enough. Ive also got several pages of gear bookmarked that I just havent pulled the trigger on... Maybe once Covid winds down a bit and work money starts flowing again...

Then again, I am making good headway into my DP-28 build. Russian LMG gunner anyone?

• Supporters
On 05/04/2020 at 16:32, FreeFrag.UK said:

Bit of a necro but could you use something like this https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/SAS-Tec-SC-1-CP1-Chest-Protector under your top?

51 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Bit of a necro but could you use something like this https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/SAS-Tec-SC-1-CP1-Chest-Protector under your top?

I'll have to look into the dimensions but this could be the answer. To be honest i've been looking at one of the WAS Covert plate carriers as this would also be useful for another kit I've already made but which looks odd when wearing my normal PC.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I'll have to look into the dimensions but this could be the answer. To be honest i've been looking at one of the WAS Covert plate carriers as this would also be useful for another kit I've already made but which looks odd when wearing my normal PC.

Have a look around that site, loads of motorcycle chest protectors that could work!

On 15/04/2020 at 16:47, MSSW Rune said:

No one else run WWII kit on this forum then? Or is there really that little traffic on forums these days? 😟

I've got an M40 helmet and some Waffen SS Peadot "Erbensmuster" camo from Epic Militaria.

Don't suppose you know how to tie those laces on the ankles of the trousers do you?

Also considering getting some braces and an A/Y frame but not looking to be 100% historical as I don't do milsim, just wanted somethign slightly different to the norm.

12 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Ive always wanted to do a WWII build, but get put off for various reasons. Im slowly making progress though. When I lived in the UK I did have a "Downed aircrew" setup that included a RAF bomber jacket, Colt Peacemaker revolver (before the US got involved in the war a lot of these were shipped over to the UK), and a stolen MP-40 (as in from a German. Not, you know...). That was years ago though, back before I could do anything as simple as replace a bucking. Ive done several Soviet early Cold War loadouts, so I am working my way to WWII. I like the idea of going with a boltie over just being another MP-40/Sten/Thompson; since Ive got a VSR-X it can certainly preform. The main issue with it is its size - its got a much wider barrel than any of the mainstream WWII bolties. I am not locked down to any one faction, but I do have the US/British handguns already - that same Peacekeeper (I just pulled it out after not touching it for 4 years and it still works fine), and an old Western Arms SV Infinity 1911 that I fitted with some real Colt 1911 grips. Its not perfect, but close enough. Ive also got several pages of gear bookmarked that I just havent pulled the trigger on... Maybe once Covid winds down a bit and work money starts flowing again...

Then again, I am making good headway into my DP-28 build. Russian LMG gunner anyone?

If your interested in WWII events definitely look at the most common factions for events as you are in squads according to your kit. So Heer grenadier/panzergrenadier, Luftwaffe field division/fallschirmjäger and SS or say British para, US airborne or US infantry ect. 

There is a movement to try and get more Soviet WWII players though as there's a big call for ost front events these days. It's well worth looking into at first just doing a basic kit and officer's kits are always reserved for game organisers as they are the ones briefing you so makes sense they use those kits.  

We do also have a lot of bolt action rifle a these days thanks to s&t/snow wolf making very useable and accessible k98k's and are working on a no.4 if I remember correctly for British kit which will be awesome! Definitely going to want one of those for my WIP Brit para kit. 

K98K vsr conversions are totally doable with a real stock and a few external parts as they can go into a lot of the real parts as a few of my guys use them. Does mean you need to cast some of the parts though to make it work. 

34 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

I've got an M40 helmet and some Waffen SS Peadot "Erbensmuster" camo from Epic Militaria.

Don't suppose you know how to tie those laces on the ankles of the trousers do you?

Also considering getting some braces and an A/Y frame but not looking to be 100% historical as I don't do milsim, just wanted somethign slightly different to the norm.

Fair enough dude, I'll get you some photos in a bit that should show you how they go. Basically the big bit goes under your foot and the two tails go into the little trouser holes the other side and you tie them off. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.