Lct G3 Foregrips

kasaran

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

just curious and doing a little window shopping...

Anyone know if the foregrips of LCT G3's foregrips are interchangeable?  so if i brought the wide foregrip version, could you put on the narrow foregrip with no issue?

Yeah they change without any problems. You can even go for a real steel forgrip if you want and it'll just drop in without a problem.

Zib militaria sell real ones starting at about £5.

olive
http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/90583

Black

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/100060

The real stocks are a different story, The metal part of the stock is slightly different on the real steel one and will not fit. So you have to modify the real stock and put on the LCT metal parts. It can be done with a dremel and some tools in about an hour. Not worth it for the plastic stocks since the LCT one is good anyway. The Wood stocks it was worth it, but those are not available any more.

this is my LCT G3 with the real hardware on it.

spacer.png

thanks, really like the slim grip OD one, but the wide grip olive is a touch cheaper and more easily available, so be ace if i can swap them out. 

airsoft.tiger111hk.com has the LCT parts in for abut £15

The wide grip is actually more comfortable.

The front of the magwell/Reciever has a big old weld. That weld can rub and nip at your fingers if you are a magwell holder or wedge your little finger onto the magwell for stability.

The bigger fore grip covers this whole welded area.

The slim grip leaves it all exposed and while it's not sharp it will rub. A good pair of shooting gloves stops it all. And you can flatten the welds a little with a small file if you have to, without upsetting the look or durability of the gun at all.

spacer.png

@Iceni  from this. Can i ask about mags. Some reviews say there is a common fault with midcaps? Would tm/jg mags work with it?  Though i would rather mids

Not as far as I'm aware, LCT mags use a slightly different fit to the standard ones.

The mags can be sorted with some internal shimming, Mine have been fine since I sorted them. It took a couple of attempts to get them right. It's just an internal height and position adjustment. It's caused because the BB retention nub sits a little low on the feed tube and engages at random, LCT could have fixed it. My mags all came from the initial 6 months of release.

2 hours ago, Iceni said:

Not as far as I'm aware, LCT mags use a slightly different fit to the standard ones.

The mags can be sorted with some internal shimming, Mine have been fine since I sorted them. It took a couple of attempts to get them right. It's just an internal height and position adjustment. It's caused because the BB retention nub sits a little low on the feed tube and engages at random, LCT could have fixed it. My mags all came from the initial 6 months of release.

Oh right. So its a case that the tube feeding into the hopup doesnt reach far enough into the mag to reliably depress  the nub?

Yup that's all that causes the problem, the high caps feed fine tho.

The way the mags are bent into shape and the plastic internals just don't quite work perfectly together. The internals sit a little low, and have some space to twist away from the feed tube. The internals are only held solid by the fit and one screw into the base plate that slides off. Once you see the issue the fix is pretty easy.

52 minutes ago, Iceni said:

Yup that's all that causes the problem, the high caps feed fine tho.

The way the mags are bent into shape and the plastic internals just don't quite work perfectly together. The internals sit a little low, and have some space to twist away from the feed tube. The internals are only held solid by the fit and one screw into the base plate that slides off. Once you see the issue the fix is pretty easy.

mhm, so worth getting then?

That's not a question I can answer for you.

For me, I wouldn't swap or sell my G3. Far too much time and effort has gone into it. If I sold it I'd want it back instantly.

I can live with the midcaps having the odd issue, because there isn't another G3 on the market that you can compare it to.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.